- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Quality of Life Factors and Comparative Analysis in Workers with Diabetes Mellitus in terms of Convergence : using the Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2007-2015
융합적 측면에서의 직장인 당뇨병 환자의 삶의 질 영향요인 및 비교 분석: 2007-2015년 국민건강영양조사를 바탕으로
- Received : 2017.10.19
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study is to identify the factors influencing the quality of life and to compare the changes in quality of life by each period group in workers with diabetes mellitus. A secondary data analysis was conducted using the data of "The Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2007-2015." The survey included 1141 worker with diabetes mellitus from 19 to 65. Data analysis was conducted using SPSS 23.0 program and descriptive statistics, ANOVA, and multiple regression analyses were performed. Factors influencing quality of life are gender, household income level, subject health state, restrict activity, sleeping hours, stress. Subject health state, restrict activity, stress were common factors in the 4th, 5th, and 6th period group. The difference in each group were factors influencing the quality of life, such as sleep time(4th), gender(5th), Household income level and diagnosis of angina pectoris(6th). This study can be used to convergence study the diabetic management program and social role for improving the quality of life of wrkers with diabetes Mellitus.
Convergence;Diabetes Mellitus;Workers;Quality of life;Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
- The Sixth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey(KNHANES VI-3), Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2015.
- S. H. Park, "Development of quality of life measurement instrument for Koreans with disabilities", Korean J of Special Education, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 41-78, 2002.
- National Quality of Life Index, National Statistical Office of Korea. 2015.
- J. H. Kim, A Study on Factors Affecting Quality of Life of Employees with Diabetes. Ewha Womans University, M.D. thesis, 2008.
- J. G. Park, "An Empirical Study on Job Satisfaction and Quality of Life in Workers", KLIPS Conference, 2001.
- Korea Social Trends, National Statistical Office of Korea, 2013.
- E. K. Lee, J. H. Park. "Converged study of influencing factors on occupational stress in workers", J of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 15-24, 2016.
- M. J. Choi, D. H. Lee, " A Study on Relationship between Wellness, Subjective Happiness and Quality of Life Salaried Persons", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 597-606, 2014.
- J. P. Myong, H. R. Kim, W. S. Choi, S. E. Jo, B. R. Lee, J. W. Koo, K. S. Lee, C. Y. Park, "The relation between Employees' Lifestyle and Their Health Status in an Electronics research and Development Company", Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 1-9, 2009.
- P. M. Trief, K. Paradies, C. Aquilino, R. S. Weinstock, "Impact of the work environment on glycemic control and adaption to diabetes", Diabetes, Vol. 22, pp. 569-574, 1999.
- E. S. Jang, "Predictors of Health-related Quality of Life in Diabetic mellitus Korean adult: Based on the 2013 Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey", Asia-Pacific J of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 5, No. 5, pp. 235-243, 2015.
- D. H. Park, E. H. Jang, "Factors Related to Glycemic Control in Workers with Diabetes Mellitus : using the Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2009-2013", J of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 95-103, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.095
- Survey on Wages by occupation of SMEs, K-BIZ, 2016.
- Korea Social Trends, National Statistical Office of Korea, 2008.
- K. Watkins, C. M. Connell, "Measurement of health related QOL in diabetes mellitus", Pharmacoeconomics, Vol. 22, pp. 1109-1126, 2004. https://doi.org/10.2165/00019053-200422170-00002
- E. H. Lee, C. J. Kim, S. Y. Cho, H. J. Chae, S. H. Lee, E. J. Kim, "Monitoring the Use of Health-Related Quality of Life Measurements in Korean Studies of Patients with Diabetes", J of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 558-567, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.4.558
- S. I. Lee, "Validity and reliability evaluation for EQ-5D in Korea", Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2011.
- Treatment Guideline for Diabetes. Seoul: Korean Diabetes Association, 2013.
- Korea Social Trends, National Statistical Office of Korea, 2015.
- H. S. Kim, S. S. Kim, "A Converged Study about Influences of Job Stress, Job Security, Depression, Family Bond, Subjective Health Status, Social Support on Quality of Life in Married Middle-Aged Male", J of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 3, pp. 101-114, 2017
- H. J. Jeon, J. S. Lee, "Effect of Work Family Conflict of Married Female Workers on Life Satisfaction Mediated by Problem Drinking and Depression", Korean J of Social Welfare Research", Vol. 50, No. 0, pp. 135-159, 2016.
- M. J. Kang, D. C. Choi, Y. E. Cho, "The influence of Work-family Spilover on the Life Satisfaction of Married Workers: Focused on the Moderating effect of Usefulness of family-friendly Benefit", Korean J of Social Welfare Research", Vol. 52, No. 0, pp. 119-145, 2017. https://doi.org/10.17997/SWRY.52.1.5
- I. S. Lee, Health-related Quality of Life Factors and Comparative Analysis of Korean Adult Women. Korea University, M.D. thesis, 2017.
- S. Y. Ahn, H. J. Park, "A Study on Sexual Function, Sexual Stress, and Quality of Life in Middle Aged Women Patients with Diabetes Mellitus", J of Korean Academic of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 393-401, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.4.393
- J. M. Lee, Y. S. Kwon, K. S. Paek, "The Relationship between Lifestyle and Health Status among White Collar Workers in a Community", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 411-421, 2014.
- W. Y. Yoon, "Cardiovascular Disease According to Job Type and Life Style", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 501-507, 2016.
- K. S. Bang, I. S. Lee, S. J. Kim, M. K. Song, S. E. Park, "The Effects of Urban Forest-walking Program on Health Promotion Behavior, Physical Health, Depression, and Quality of Life: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Office-workers", J of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.46 No.1, 140-148, 2016. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2016.46.1.140
- J. H. Kim, The Relationship between Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors and Cardiovascular Disease Awareness and Industrial Worker's Life style, Gachon University, M.D. thesis, 2011.
- M. G. Ji, "The Effects of Industrial Workers' Job Stress and Oral Health Related Quality of Life on Subjective Happiness in convergence era", J of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 185-194, 2017.
Supported by : Incheon Catholic University