- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Convergent Study of the Physical Related Quality of Life Using SF-8 of Stroke Patient's Caregiver
뇌졸중 환자 보호자의 SF-8을 이용한 신체건강관련 삶의 질 융복합적 연구
- Kim, Young-Ran (Department of Radiology, Wonkwang Health Science University) ;
- Kim, Young-il (Department of Radiology, Chungnam National University Hospital) ;
- Kim, Min-jeong (Cheong Ju Medical Center)
- Received : 2017.09.25
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
This paper convergent examined caregiver burden, depressive symptoms and health related quality of life of 226 caregivers of stroke patients, who had been hospitalized in 7 general hospitals located in Cheongju and Daejeon Metropolitan city. The quality of life was measured using SF-8, which is a short version of HRQoL. According to Multiple regression Analysis, dependence of a patient were important factors in the physical related quality of life. These results suggest that in order to improve the quality of life related to the physical health of the stroke patient's caregiver, the elderly long-term care insurance system and the caregiver system and the ward of the Ministry of Health and Welfare are expanded ward without a caregiver. There is a need to raise expectations for recovery through education and family support groups.
Supported by : 원광보건대학교
- http://www.index.go.kr/, 2013.
- Health Insurance review & assessment service, 2012.
- H. C. Lee "Trends of Stroke Mortality and ncidence", Korean Medical Association, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 285-291, 1993.
- J. S. .Kim "Post-stroke Depression, Anxiety, Emotional incontinence, Anger-proneness and Fatigue", Journal of the Korean Neurological Association, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 1-8, 2005.
- S Kumar, M.H Selim, LR Caplan. "Medical complications after stroke". Lancet Neurol, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 105-118, 2010.
- M Suh, K Kim, I Kim. "Caregiver's burden, depression and support as predictors of post-stroke depression: A cross-sectional survey" Int J Nurs Stud Vol. 42, pp. 611-618, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2004.10.002
- Statistics Korea. Http://sgis.kostat.go.kr/publicsmodel/, 2002.
- J. H. Kim, H. S. Kang, W. O. Kim, M. J. Wang, C. M. Chang, "Factors Affecting the Quality of Life in Stroke Patient at Home", Korean J Rehabil Nurs, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 49-55, 2006.
- O. B. Jung, J. H. Park, "Burden and depression among family caregivers of storoke patient", The research institute of nursing science, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 1-12, 2004.
- Strodtbeck, Frances D.N.S., R.N.C., Jame S.R, "Nursing care of children and families: A holistic approach" the American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing, Vol. 11, No. 2 pp. 132-133, 1986.
- S. H. Park. "A Study on Burden and Depression as Related to the Family Function in Caregiver of Patients with Stroke", Yong-In University, 2002.
- C.C. Keu, U.W. Rah, S.H. Yoon, S.Y. Yim, I.Y. Lee, D.J. Moon, Y.R. Lee, S.B. Shin, I.D. Im, "Quality of life in primary caregivers for the home-bound severe stroke patients" Korean academy of rehabilitation medicine, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 568-577, 2005.
- The EuroQol Group, EuroQol--a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life, Health policy, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 199-208, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-8510(90)90421-9
- J. H. Han, Y. H Park, "Caregiver's Burden and Quality of life of Male Spouses with Stroke Woves", Korean J Adult Nurs, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 615-626, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.6.615
- S. I. Cho. KLoSA "basic analysis report. Seoul: Korea Labor Institue", 2009.
- Van Swieten JC, Koudstaal PJ, Visser MC, Schouten HJ, van Gijn J. Interoobserver agreement for the assessment of handicap in stroke patients. Stroke 19, pp. 604-607, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.19.5.604
- MJ Vernooij-Dassen, JM Persoon, AJ Felling. "Predictors of sense of competence in primary caregivers of demented persons". Soc Sci Med Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 41-49, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0277-9536(95)00332-0
- S. M. Choi, H. S. Kim, S. U. Kwon, J. S. Kim. "Factors affecting the burden on caregivers of stroke survivors in South Korea", Arch Phys Med Rehabil Vol. 86, pp. 1054-1058, 2005.
- K. G. Chon, S. C. Choi, B. C. Yang, "Integrated Adaptation of CES - D in Korea", Korean journal of health psychology, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 59-76, 2001.
- T. J. Craig, Van Natta PA. "Prevalence and persisitence of depression symptoms in patients and community populations". Am J Psychiatry Vol. 133, pp. 1426-1429, 1979.
- R.E. Robert, S.W. Vernon, "The Center for Epidemiologic Depression Scale; its use in a community sample". Arch Gen Psychiatry Vol. 140, pp. 41-46, 1983.
- S. C. Shin, M. K Kim, S. Y. Kwan, "The Center for Epidemiologic Studies-Depression Scale(CES-D) : Its Use in Korea", Journal of the Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 752-767, 1991.
- M. J. Choi, K. H. Kim, "Diagnostic validity of the CES-D in the assessment of the DSM-III-R major depression". J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 381-399, 1993.
- JE Ware, M Kosinski, JE Dewey, B Gandek . "How to Score and Interpret Single-Item Health Status Measure : A Manual for Users of the SF-8 Health Survey". Qaulity Metric Incorpotated, Lincoln(RI), 2001.
- J. Y. Kim, S. G. Lee, S. K. Lee, "The Relationship between Health Behaviors, Health Status, Activities of Daily Living and Health-related Quality of Life in the Elderly", The Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 471-484, 2010.
- S. S. Baek, E. N. Ryoo, K. S. Park, "A Model Construction for Quality of Life in Single Aged Women", Korean journal of adult nursing, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 1-14, 2008.
- H. G. Ha, "Quality of life in relations to the characteristics of the stroke: national health and nutrition examination survey 2005", Graduate School of Public Health, Yonsei University, 2007.
- S.D Barnett, Halpin LS. "Functional status improvement in elderly following coronary artery bypass graft", J Nurs Care Qual, Vol.18, No.4, pp. 281-287, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1097/00001786-200310000-00006
- H. Y. An, "The quality of life and burden by family function among caregiver with chronic patient" Graduate School of advanced practice nursing, Eulji University, 2008.
- S. I. Shin, Study on quality of life and burden of caregiving for primary caregiver of stroke patients, Dongguk University, 2014.
- Y. R. Park, A study on burden in family caregivers and perceived family support in patients with stroke, Kyung Hee University, 2000.
- J. M. Eo. A study on the burden and life quality of cancer patients' family members, Hanyang University, 2004.
- Y. H. Heo, burden in family caregivers of the elderly with diseases, Chungnam National University, 2003.
- K. O. Lee, H. Y. Yang, "Family Caregiver Burden and Quality of Life According to the Levels of CVA Patient's Self-Care", The Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 192-205, 2002.
- S. H Baek, E. J. Park, M. S. Cho, H. Y. Kim, "Analysis of the Burden Factors Influencing Quality of Life of Stroke Patients Caregivers", Korea Entertainment Industry Association, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 227-234, 2016.
- Morimoty T, Schreiner AS, Asano H. "Caregiver burden and heath related quality of life among Japanese stroke caregiver. Age Ageing" Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 218-223, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/32.2.218
- Z Nir, C Greenberger, Y G Bachner. Profile, "burden, and quality of life of Israeli stroke survivor caregivers: a longitudinal study". J Neurosci Nurs, Vol. 41 No. 2, pp. 92-105, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1097/JNN.0b013e318193456b
- S. H. Park, "A Research on Husband's Experience who Care for Old Spouses with Stroke" Graduate School of Seoul Chrostian University, 2009.
- H. Y. Yu, J. I. Shin, "Correlation between Depression of Stroke Caregivers and Their Life Quality", Korea aging friendly industry association, Vol. 3 No. 2, pp. 59-66, 2011.