- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Study on Remote Smart Control System for Human Detection on Bed
침상의 인체감지를 위한 원격 스마트 제어 시스템에 관한 연구
- Park, Seung-Hwan (Department of Biomedical Engineering, Eulji University) ;
- Sim, Woo-Jung (Research Center, Firstcare Company) ;
- Jung, Jin-Taek (Research Center, Firstcare Company) ;
- Kim, Young-Ser (Department of Biomedical Engineering, Eulji University)
- Received : 2017.10.23
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
This study is about the development of a smart bed control system to be able to detect the human position and body signal on bed. The main control board in the bed control system consists of the human sensing part, motor driving part and MCU. Here, to increase the credibility to check the human presence on bed, the human sensing part is combined with the human position part by membrane sensor and the body-signal detecting part of EMFI sensor. Also, remotely connecting the two detected signal to the application program of the app mode makes it possible to monitor human information on bed. In this paper, the remote function monitoring of the on-bed human information by bluetooth communication will be abe to make it applicable to the technical prevention method of the bed fall and absence accident in hospital and care facilities.
bed control system;human sensing part;EMFI sensor;position sensor;bed fall
- R. Brooks, "The Future of Sleep Technology", J. Clinical Sleep Medicine, Vol. 10, No. 5,pp. 589-593, 2014.
- Falls Prevention Nursing Guide and Summaries, Hospital Nurse Association, pp. 3, 2003.
- Y. O. Kang, R. Y. Song, "Identifying Characteristics of Fall Episodes and Fall-related Risks of Hospitalized Patients", J. Muscle Jt. Health Vol. 22, No. 3, 149-159, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2015.22.3.149
- J. O. Lim, M. O. Gu, "Fall-related Circumstances and Fall Risk Factors among Inpatients with Dementia in Long-term Care Hospital", J. Korean Gerontol Nurs Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 72-83, 2016. https://doi.org/10.17079/jkgn.2016.18.2.72
- Y. S. Kim, K. S. Choi, "Fall Risk Factors and Fall Risk Assessment of Inpatients", J. Korean Adult Nurs, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 74-82, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.1.74
- M. J. Kwon, "The Fall Circumstance and Related Factors Associated with Fall in the Stroke Patients", J. Korean Society of Physical Therapy, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 19-28, 2008.
- S. S. Seo, H. H. Hwang,"Unconstrained Estimation of Body Postures on Bed Using Polyvinylidene Fluoride Film-based Sensor", J. Biomedical Engineering Research Vol.35, pp. 169-176, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9718/JBER.2014.35.5.169
- Y. H. Noh, D.U. Jeong,"Implementation and evaluation of the BCG measurement system for non-constrained health monitoring",J. the Korean Sensors Society, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 8-16, 2010.
- B. H. Jansen, B. H. Larson, K. Shankar, "Mornitoring of the ballistocardiogram with the static charge sensitive bed," Biomedical Engineering, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 28, No. 8, pp. 748-751, 1991.
- M. Brink, C. H. Muller, C. Schierz, "Contact-free measurement of heart rate, respiration rate, and body movements during sleep", Behavior Research Methods, pp. 511-521, 2006.
- B. Gribbin, A. Steptoe, and P. Sleight, "Pulse Wave Velocity as a Measure of Blood Pressure Change",, Psychophysiology, Vol. 13, No.1, pp. 86-90, 1976. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8986.1976.tb03344.x
- J. H. Kim, J. H. Ha, S. T. Choe, W. D. Cho, "An Abnormal Respiration Pattern Modeling Method of Ballistocardiography Signal", J. KISC 2015 Conference, pp. 451-452, 2015.
- J. Lekkala, T. Salpavaara, S. Karki, "EMFI - Verstile Material for Monitoring of Human Functions", XVIII IMEKO World Congress, pp. 17-22, 2006.
- S. Suzuki1, T. Matsui2, M. Kagawa, T. Asao1, K. Kotani1, "An approach to a non-contact vital sign monitoring using dual-frequency microwave radars for elderly care", J. BiSE, Vol.6, pp. 704-711, 2013.
- H. M. Son, H. H. Choi, "Design and Implementation of the Small Size Microwave Sensor Receiver for Human Body Detection", J. OF KIEE&S, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 403-406, 2016