- Volume 8 Issue 12
This paper introduces the mold technology for the development of ultra-compact package of less than 1mm, and also analyze the error pattern of the results using this mold technology. The existing ultra-small mold structure was one-piece, which caused the surface of EDM to be rough and increase the error rate. This has been an obstacle to further reducing the size of the mold. On the other hand, the proposed mold technology tries to overcome the limitation of the one-piece type by using the prefabricated type method. This paper also classify defect patterns in the results of the proposed mold structure and analyze the occurrence probability of each pattern to use as a basic data to develop a detector.
Ultra-compact LED package;Prefabricated molding structures;White EMC;Error pattern;Detector
- M. Munieda, "Challenges in EDM Technology", Journal of the JSPE, Vol. 33, pp. 276-282, 1999.
- M. Nakamura, "EDM of Ceramics", Journal of the JSPE, Vol. 57, pp. 959-962, 1991
- E.F.Schubert,"Light-Emitting Diodes", Cambridge Univ. Press, UK, 2003
- J. H. Kang, Issue Briefing : LED lighting industry to meet the 2014 transition period, The Export-Import Bank of KOREA,KERI, Vol. 2014-02, 2014.3.
- M. H. Lee, J. W. Lee, Issue Briefing : Status and Forecast of the OLED Display Market, The Export-Import Bank of KOREA,KERI, Vol. 2016-07, 2016.9.
- T. Fujii, Y.Gao, R.Sharma, E.L.Hu, S.P.DenBaars, S.Nakamura,"Increase in the extraction efficiency of GaN-based light-emitting diodes via surface roughening",Applied Physics Letter, Vol. 84, pp 855-857, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1645992
- J. C. Lee, J. Lee, The mould for small LED package production possible, KOREA Patent, 2015-93577.
- J. H. Youk, D. W. Hong, S. J. Lee, "Basic Design Guidelines for LED Lamp Packages", Journal of Optics and Photonics, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 141-150, 2011. https://doi.org/10.3807/KJOP.2011.22.3.141
- M.Alias, A.R.Ainul, B.B.Nor,"Effect of Injection Molding Parameters on Recycled ABS (r-ABS) Mechanical Properties", Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 9, Issue 9, 2016. 3.
- D.Ali, S.T.E.Jaafar,"Injection Molded Wood-Plastic and Rubber Composites used in Home Gas Meter", Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 8, Issue 35, 2015. 12.
- K.Gowrishankar, R.Mritha, S.Chandra,"A Survey of Light Emitting Diode (LED) Display Board", Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 7(2), 185-188, 2014. 2.
- K. Ben Abdelmlek, Z. Araoud, K. Charrada, G. Zissis, "Optimization of the thermal distribution of multi-chip LED package", Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 126, No. 5, pp. 653-660, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2017.07.136
- S. Zhang, "Chip package interaction for LED packages", Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 63, pp. 76-81, 2016. 8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microrel.2016.06.014
- G. G. Choi, J. U. Cho, "Convergence Study due to the Configuration of Radiant Heat Panel of Automotive LED Heat Lamp", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 119-204, 2017.
- K. H. Kim, J. W. Youn, "A Study on the Analysis of Error Sources and Compensation in Machine Tools", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 185-192, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.185
- J. C. Lee, J. Lee, H. Ham, "Molding Technology for Ultra-compact LED Package Development with White EMC", ICCT, pp. 583-584, 2016.
- J. C. Lee, "The Development of Molding Structure for Ultra-compact LED Package", Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, 08-Special Issue, pp. 48-54, 2017