- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Environmental Fine Bubble on the Production of Ginsenoside during the Growth Period of Ginseng Cultivation
인삼 재배시 생육기간 동안 환경적 요인인 미세기포수가 ginsenoside 생성에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2017.10.23
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
This study was conducted to investigate changes in ginsenoside by continuously treating fine bubble, which are mainly used for environmental purification, in 2-year-old ginseng. The ginsenoside content and composition of ginseng leaves and roots were analyzed for 4 months (120 days) after application of Fine bubble. As a result of treatment with common water in leaves, only Re of protopanaxatriol was significantly higher and As a result of treatment with fine buble, it was confirmed that protopanaxadiol Rb1, RC, Rb2 and Rd components were also increased. Especially, the increase of Re and Rb1 resulted in an increase of total ginsenoside. The ratio of PD / PT to ginseng was 0.811 in finebubble treated leaves and 1.28 in root. The fine bubble treatment induced the synthesis of ginsenoside from the roots and resulted in a PD / PT ratio of close to 1. Therefore, this study suggests a method of cultivating high quality ginseng using fine bubble water and suggests possibility of using it as a functional food material which can be used with leaves as well as roots.
Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer;Ginsenoside;Finebubble;Protopanaxadiol;Protopanaxatriol
- T. Namba, "The Encyclopedia of Wakan -Yaku with Color Pictures" Hoikusha, Osaka, Japan, pp. 23-48, 1980.
- J. Watanabe, K. W. Oh, H. S. Kim, M. Tanahashi, H. Kaneto, "A Non-opioid Mechanism in the Inhibitory Effect of Ginseng Saponins on Electrically Evoked Contractions of Guinea-Pig Ileum and Mouse vas Deferens" J. Pharmacobio-Dyn, Vol. 11, pp. 453-458, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb1978.11.453
- I. I. Brekhman, "Panax ginseng" Gosudarst Isdatet Med, Vol. 2, pp. 10-24, 1957.
- S. Shibata, O. Tanaka, K. Soma, Y. Iita, T. Ando, H. Nakamura, "Studies on saponins and sapogenins of ginseng: the structure of panaxatriol" Tetrahedron Lett, Vol. 3, pp. 207-213, 1965.
- S. Shibata, "Some chemical studies on ginseng" Proc. Intern. Ginseng Sym, pp. 69-76, 1974.
- J. D. Park, "Recent studies on the chemical constituents of Korean ginseng" Korean J. Ginseng Sci, Vol. 20, pp. 389-415, 1996.
- S. Sanata, N. Kondo, J. Shoji, O. Tanaka, S. Shibata, "Studies on the saponins of ginseng. I. Structure of ginseng-R0, Rb1, Rb2, Rc and Rd" Chem, Pharm. Bull, Vol. 22, pp. 421-428, 1974. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.22.421
- I. Kitagawa, T. Taniyama, H. Shibuya, T. Nota, M. Yoshikawa, "Chemical studies on crude drug processing. V. On the constituents of ginseng radix rubra (2); Comparison of the constituents of white ginseng and red ginseng prepared from the same Panax ginseng root" Yakugaku Zasshi, Vol. 107, pp. 495-505, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1248/yakushi1947.107.7_495
- T. Yokozawa, T. Kobayashi, H. Oura, Y. Kawashima, "Studies on the mechanism of the hypoglycemic activity of ginsenoside-Rb2 in streptozotocin-diabetic rats" Chem. Pharm. Bull, Vol. 33, pp. 869-872, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.33.869
- J. H. Park, "Sun ginseng-A new processed ginseng with fortified activity" Food Industry and Nutrition. Vol. 9, pp. 23-27, 2004.
- K. J. Choi, "The constituent of material ginseng and managment of Quality" Korea. J. Ginseng Sci. Vol. 15, pp. 247-256, 1991.
- Y. W. Kim, "Glucocorticoid receptor-induce down-regulation of metalloproteinse-9 (MMP-9) by ginseng component, panaxadiol (PD) and panaxatriol (PT), contributes to inhibition of the invasive capacity of HT1080 human fibrosacoma cell", proceeding of the 7 tH Int'l Symposium on ginseng, The korea Society of Ginseng, pp. 224-230, 1998.
- C. H. Ahn, "A convergent Study on Applying a fine bubble to ginseng seedling cultivation" Journal of the Korea Convergence Society Vol. 8, pp. 191-196, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.191
- J. S. Park, K. Kurata, "Application of microbubbles to hydroponics solution promotes lettuce growth" Horttechnology Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 212-215, 2009.
- H. Ikeura, F. Kobayashi, M. Tamaki. "Ozone microbubble treatment at various water temperatures for the removalk of residual pesticides with negligible effects on the physical properties of lettuce and cherry tomatoes. J. Food sci. Vol. 78, pp 350-355, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1111/1750-3841.12007
- H. Ikeura, F. Kobayashi, M. Tamaki, "Removal of residual pesticide, fenitrothion, in vegetables by using ozone microbubbles generated by different methods", J Food Eng Vol. 103, pp. 345-349, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2010.11.002
- S. A. Lee, A. R. Youn, K. H. Kwon, B. S. Kim, "Washing effect of micro-bubbles and changes in quality of lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.) during storage", Korean J Food Preserv Vol. 16, pp. 321-326, 2009.
- S. J. Dong, R. Kiyama, "Characterization of oestrogenic activity of ginsenoside in MCF-7 cell using a customized DNA microarray" Food Chem. Vol. 113, pp. 672-678, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2008.07.100
- T. L. Chang, H. Y. Ding, Y. W. Kao, "Role of ginsenoside Rd in inhibiting 26S proteasome activity, J. Arg. Food Chem. Vol. 56, pp. 12011-12015, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf801427e
- R. D. Ye, N. L. Li, J. L. Han, X. W. Kong, R. Cao, Z. R. Rao, G. Zhao, "Neuroprotecttive effects og ginsenoside Rd against oxygen-glucose deprivation in Cultured Hippocampal neurons" Neurosci. Vol. 64, pp. 306-310, 2009.
- S. H. Jin, J. K. Park, K. Y. Nam, S. N. Park, N. P. Jung, "Korean red ginseng saponins with low ratio of protopanaxadiol and protopanaxatriol saponin improve scopolamine-induced learning disability and spatial work memory in mice" J. Ethnopharmacol. Vol. 66, pp. 123-129, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8741(98)00190-1
- J. A. Rice M. T. Compardo, K. M. Scolari, L. L. Murphy, "Ginsenoside-Rc inhibits human breast cancer cell proliferaton in vitro. Mol. Bio. Cell. Vol. 11, pp. 452A-453A, 2000