- Volume 6 Issue spc
DOI QR Code
Tmarus yaginumai Ono, 1977 (Araneae: Thomisidae) new to record for Korean spider fauna
- Lee, Sue Yeon (Research Institute for Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Yoo, Jung Sun (Division of Animal Resources, National Institute of Biological Resources) ;
- Kim, Seung Tae (Life and Environment Research Institute, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2017.08.31
- Accepted : 2017.11.09
- Published : 2017.12.28
There are five known species of the genus Tmarus (Thomisidae) in Korea to date: Tmarus horvathi Kulczyn'ski, 1895, Tmarus koreanus Paik, 1973, Tmarus orientalis Schenkel, 1963, Tmarus piger (Walckenaer, 1802) and Tmarus rimosus Paik, 1973. Two females of Tmarus yaginumai Ono, 1977, which was previously only known in Japan, were collected by sweep net between the shrubs at hillocks near the coast of Korea and are described with taxonomic illustrations.
Supported by : National Institute of Biological Resources (NIBR)
- Ono, H. 1977. Thomisidae aus Japan I. Das Genus Tmarus Simon (Arachnida: Araneae). Acta Arachnologica 27 (Spec. No.): 61-84. https://doi.org/10.2476/asjaa.27.Specialnumber_61
- Ono, H. 1988. A revisional study of the spider family Thomisidae (Arachnida, Araneae) of Japan. National Science Museum, Tokyo, ii+252 pp.
- Ono, H. 2009. The spiders of Japan with keys to the families and genera and illustrations of the species. Tokai University Press, Kanagawa, 739 pp.
- World Spider Catalog. 2017. World Spider Catalog. Natural History Museum Bern, online at http://wsc.nmbe.ch, version 18.5, accessed on 17 August 2017.
- Yaginuma, T. 1986. Spiders of Japan in color (new ed.). Hoikusha Publishing Co., Osaka.
- Yoo, J.S., S.Y. Lee and S.T. Kim. 2015. Bibliographic checklist of Korean spiders (Arachnida: Araneae) ver. 2015. J. Species Research 4 (Special issue): 1-112.