- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Factors Affecting on Sleep Quality among Middle-aged Male Workers
중년 남성 근로자의 수면의 질에 미치는 영향요인
- Kim, Hye-Suk (Nursing Department, Mokpo Catholic University) ;
- Park, Eun-Hee (Nursing Department, Kwang ju Women University)
- Received : 2017.10.10
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the factors affecting quality of sleep among middle-aged male workers. The participants of this study were 127 middle-aged male workers working in Jeonnam region, and the data were collected through self-reported structured questionnaire. Descriptive statics, t-test, one-way ANOVA, Pearson correlation coefficient and step wise multiple regression with SPSS/WIN 18.0 were used to analyze the data. According to the results, among the variables related to sleep quality, job stress showed a positive correlation, and job satisfaction showed a negative correlation. In addition, the factors such as job demands, occupational climate, job itself explained the quality of sleep at 24.5%. Based on the findings from the study, in order to improve the quality of sleep program for middle-aged male workers should be combined both strategies to increase job satisfaction and to decrease job stress. It is believed that the effort to reduce the amount of work needed to improve the quality of sleep will be necessary and the efforts among members of the organization will be necessary to establish a healthy workplace.
Supported by : Mokpo Catholic University
- Burgard, S. A., Alishire, J. A. "Stressful experiences on the job and sleep quality." Journal of Health Society Behavior, Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 476-492, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1177/002214650905000407
- J. Y, Kim, "Effect of Negative affectivity and social support on job stress and it's outcomes." Graduate School. Chung-Ang University, 1997.
- S. Y. Lee, J. S. Lee, S. Y. Kim, J. Y. Lee, "The effect of job stress and job satisfaction on professionnal self-concept in nursees." Journal of Digitnal Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 9, pp. 273-281, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.273
- D. H. Kim, Y. C. Cho, "Occupational stress and its associated factors among male workers in small-scale manufacturing industries under 50 member." Journal of Digitnal Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 10, pp. 405-413, 2012.
- B. M. Bang, S. Y. Lee, J. O. Cheong, "Empiricalstudy on the turn-over intention of university hospital nurses." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 205-213. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.20. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.205
- S. Y. Lim, "Impac to fthe Quality of Sleep on tressand Job Satisfaction in Emergency Medical Workers Clinical Gerontologist, master's thesis, Kang Won University, 2015.
- H. R. Yi, "Development of the sleep quality scale." Ph. D. disertation, Ewha Womans University, 2005.
- Ohyon, M. M. "Epidemiologycal overview of sleep disorders in the general population." Sleep Medicine Research, Vol. 2. No.1, pp. 1-9, 2011. https://doi.org/10.17241/smr.2011.2.1.1
- Herald: http://biz.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=20170309000362&ACE_SEARCH=1
- K. H. Kim, J. W. Kim, & S. H. Kim, "Influences of Job stressors on psychosocial well-being, fatigue and sleep sufficiency among firefighters." Korean Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 232-245, 2006.
- H. J. Choi, B. J. Kim, & I. J. Kim, "Prevalence and risk-factors of sleep disturbance in community dwelling adults in Korea." Korea Journal of Adult nursing, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 183-193, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.2.183
- Wong, W. S., & Fielding, R. "Prevalence of insomnia among Chinese adults in Hong Kong: A population-based study." Journal of sleep research, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 117-126, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2869.2010.00822.x
- Gureje, O., Kola, L., Ademola, A., & Olley, B. O. "Profile, comorbidity and impact of insomnia in the ibadan study of ageing.' International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, Vol. 24, No. 7, pp. 686-693, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.2180
- E. J. Lee, S. G. Kang, J. H. Shin, Y. N. Hwang, K. S. Ryu, & S. W. Song, "Relationship between sleep quality and metabolic syndrome and inflammatory markers in middle-aged men in Korea." Korean Journal of Family Medicine, Vol. 30, No. 5, pp. 344-351, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4082/kjfm.2009.30.5.344
- K. S. Lee, D. B. Lee, I. S. Kwon, & Y. C. Cho, "Depressive syndrome and their association with sleep quality, occupational stress and Fatigue among small-scaled manufacturing male workers." Korean Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 99-111, 2011.
- E. Lee, & K. J. Lee, Factors of influencing sleep quality among middle-aged male workers. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 235-244, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.4.235
- http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/04/ 06/2017040600303.html
- E. Lee, K. J. Lee, "Factors influencing sleep quality among Middle-aged male worker" Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 235-244, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.4.235
- H. K. Lee, C. Y. Nam, "The Effect of Job Stress, Depression, and Psychological Happiness on Job Satisfaction of office Workers" Journal of Korean Academy Society Nurses Education, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 490-498, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.4.490
- S. L. kim, H. S. Jung, B. I. Lee, J. E. Lee, K.Y. Rhee, "Factors related with job satisfaction in workers-through the application of NIOSH job stress model" The Journal of Korean Community Nursing, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 190-199, 2003.
- S. W. Yun, K. A. Oh, H. Yun, J. Park, "Relationship Between Job Stress and Quality of Sleep among 119 Recue Workers" Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 6 pp. 2926-2934, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2926
- J. S. Park, "Study on Relationship between Sleep Disorder, Fatigue, Job Satisfaction and Quality of Life in Police Shift-workers." Journal of the Korea police" Vol. 40, pp. 53-70, 2013.
- S. K. Chai, "The association between occupational stress and psychosocial stress among lawyers in Kore." Doctor's thesis, Ajou University, 2017.