- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Effects of REBT Program Application for the Changes in Maladaptive Thoughts among Female Junior Tennis Players
청소년 여자테니스 선수의 부적응적 사고 변화를 위한 합리적 인지재구성 프로그램 적용효과
- Received : 2017.09.18
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study was to develop and evaluate the program for convericient reconfiguration in an attempt to change maladjustmental way of thinking among female junior tennis players. For verification of the program, a qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis were carried out. Through the REBT program for convericient reconfiguration, maladjustmental way of thinking among junior tennis players was drawed and interviews with them were subsequently performed. As a result, REBT counseling technique was applied to understand personal psychological problems and to transform maladjustmental and unreasonable way of thinking into rational belief, confirming positivity toward their situation. After all, their athletic performance as well as holistic development was found to be improved. In quantitative analysis, maladaptive thinking scale sports psychology questionnaire and survey for Korean sports performance strategy were both increased post treatment, suggesting that their psychological status became positive as a result of application of psychological prevention. The results of this study showed that athletic performance would be enhanced and growth and development in personality and self-realization would be expected if various psychological problems in adolescent players were progressed in detailed.
Adolescent;Tennis;Maladaptive thoughts;REBT;Sport psychology counseling
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- H. J. Park, J. G. Kim, S. T. Chung, "The case study of self-confidence improvement for tennis athlete through sports psychology counseling." Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 189-204, 2003.
- H. J. Seo, M. S. Kim, "A Study on Identity Confusion of Female Youth Soccer Players." Korean journal of physical education, Vol. 50, No. 6, pp. 47-60, 2011.
- W. Y. Song,. "The Psychological Reaction of Adolescent Athletes to Violence and Bullying." Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 109-125, 2003.
- J. I. Yoo, M. S. Choi, Y. T. Rhim, "Effects of Psychological Needs and Exercise Behavior on Coach-athlete Relationships of Adolescent Athlete." Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 79-93, 2012.
- J. G. Park, K. I. Jung, "Investigating the Factorial Invariance and Latent Means of Athlete Burnout Questionnaire(ABQ) for the Use of Adolescent Student-Athletes." Korean journal of physical eduaction, Vol. 52, No. 1, pp. 149-162, 2013.
- Y. H. So, "The Influences of Exercise Stress on Mental Health in Physical Education High School Athletes." Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 47-62, 2009.
- D, H, Song, H. S. Lee, R. S. Chun, Y. S. Joung, "The Psychiatric Characteristics of Suicide-Attempters in Adolescence." Journal of the korean neuropsychiatric association, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 1366-1375, 1996.
- H. K. Shin, "The Relationships Between Children's Experience of Somatic Symptoms, Life Events, Depression, and Anxiety, and the Moderating Effect of Self-Concept." The Korean Psychological Association, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 19-38, 2006.
- S. H. Spence, M. A. Reinecke, "Cognitive approaches to understanding, preventing and treating child and adolescent depression." In M. A. Reinecke & D. A. Clark (Eds.), Cognitive therapy over the lifespan: Theory, research, and practice. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press. (2003).
- S. C. Han, D. S. Kwon, H. J. Bang, I. J. Sul, H. W. Kim, "Youth Teaching. Seoul, hakjisa", 2001.
- A. T. Beck, "Thinking and depression: II. Theory and therapy." Archives of General Psychiat, Vol. 10, pp. 561-571, 1964. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.1964.01720240015003
- H. J. Klm, J. C. Lee, J. U. Kim, "The Effect of the Career Group Counseling Based on REBT on the Irrational Beliefs, Career Self-Efficacy and Career Barriers of Trainees in a Vocational Training Institute." Korean Society for The Study of Vocational Education, Vol. 33, No. 6, pp. 27-53, 2014.
- S. M. Park, H. J. Park, E. R. Kim, "The Effects of the Cognitive-Behavioral Group Therapy Program Applying Mindfulness Meditation on Anxiety and Ego-Resilience of the Youth of Low-Income Families." Korean journal of youth studies, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp. 217-245, 2014.
- Y. S. Heo, C. N. Son, "Effects of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy on Emotional Clarity, Avoidant Emotion Regulation, and Study-related Stress of Adolescent with Emotion Dysregulation." Korean journal of health psychology, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 603-626, 2012.
- C. J. Fives, G. Kong, J. R. Fuller, R. DiGiuseppe, "Anger, aggression, and irrational beliefs in adolescents." Cognitive therapy and research, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 199-208, 2012.
- M. J. Shin, Y. H. Lee, "The Effects of Psychological Skills Training for Men's High School Tennis Player." Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 73-88, 2009.
- R. S. Weinberg, "Tennis Winning the mental game." IL: H.O.Z. ZIMMAN, Inc. 2002.
- C. S. Lee, "The Mediating Effects of Emotions in the Relationship between Cognitive Appraisals and Performance Strategies among Adolescent Boxers." Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 77-88, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14385/KSSP.25.1.77
- B. S. Cho, "The Effect of Mid/High School Golf Athletes' Self Leadership on Sports Absorption and Spot Performance." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 833-842, 2011.
- J. J. Seok, "The effect of optimal presentation feedback for tennis skill task to external focus." The Korean Society Science, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 305-315, 2007.
- R. W. Coelho, B. Keller, K. M. Kuczynski, Ribeiro Jr. E, M. C. D. A. M, Lima, D, Greboggy, J. M. F. Stefanello, "USE OF MULTIMODAL IMAGERY WITH PRECOMPETITIVE ANXIETY AND STRESS OF ELITE TENNIS PLAYERS 1." Perceptual & Motor Skills, Vol. 114, No. 2, pp. 419-428, 2012. https://doi.org/10.2466/02.05.15.PMS.114.2.419-428
- Ellis. A, "The essence of REBT." Journal of Rational-Emotive Therapy, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 19-25, 1994.
- J. H. Lee, N. W. Chung, S. H. Cho, "Basics of Counseling Psychology." Seoul, hakjisa", 2005.
- B. J. Koo, "The Effect of Cognitive Rational Restructuring Program for shooters." Korean journal of physical eduaction, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 197-210, 2003.
- Y. E. Kwon, Y. S. Kim, E. J. Kwak, "The Reduction of Competitive Anxiety through a Cognitive Restructuring Program: 2 One-person(Golfer) Studies." Korean Journal of Sport Science, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 131-144, 2002.
- W. J. Moon, Y. S. Kim, "Intervention Effect after Competition by Rational Cognitive Reconstruction: Focusing on Taekwondo Athletes." Korean Journal of Sport Science, vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 30-41, 2000.
- H. S. Yoon, B. J. Kim, "Development and Application of a REBT-based Cognitive Restructuring Program for Self-management of Female Soccer Players." Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 207-225, 2010.
- M. Turner, J. Barker, "Using Rational-Emotive Behaviour Therapy With Athletes." The Sport Psychologist, Vol. 28, pp. 75-90, 2012.
- M. J. Turner, J. B. Barker, M. J. Slater, "The season-long effects of rational emotive behavior therapy on the irrational beliefs of professional academy soccer athletes." International Journal of Sport Psychology, Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 429-451, 2014.
- Ellis. A, "Why I (really) became a therapist." Journal of clinical psychology, Vol. 61, No. 8, pp. 945-948, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/jclp.20166
- M. S. Corey, G. Corey, C. Corey, "Groups process and practice." J. S. Kim, C. D. Kim, A. S. Park, D. S. Yoo, J. K. Jun, S. M. Chun, Seoul: Congage Learning, 2012.
- K. A. Park, "Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy. Seoul, hakjisa", 2007.
- J. Y. Lee, "Development and Preliminary Validation of the Maladaptive Thoughts Scale for Adolescents." The Korean Psychological Association, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 1001-1021, 2007.
- J. Yoo, J. H. Hur, "Development and Validation of The Psychological Skill Questionnaire in Sport." Korean journal of physical eduaction, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 41-50, 2002.
- B. J. Kim, S. H. Oh, preliminary Validation of the Korean Version of the Test of Performance Strategies(TOPS): Item Development and Factor Structure. The Korean Journal of Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Sport Science, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 13-29, 2002.
- J. S. Ha, "The Development and Application of Cognitive Rational Restructuring Program for Tennis Players." Doctoral Dissertation, Kyonggi University, 2013.
- D. S. Chang, "The Effect of Sport Psychology Counseling and Psychological Skills Training of Elite Judo Athletes." Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 199-214, 2005.
- Y. M. Park, H. B. Kim, H. G. Kim, H. S. Lim, J. C. Ji, "A Case Study of Training for University Freshman Golfers through Sport Counselling." Korea Sport Society, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 85-99, 2013.
- Y. S. Choi, B. Y. Park, "The Case Study of Overcoming Burnout for Rhythmic Gymnasts Athlete through Sports Psychology Counseling. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 777-787, 2013.
- M. S. Choi, S. M. Kim, "The Development of an Emotional Intelligence Scale in Youth Players." Journal of coaching development, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 61-74, 2014.
- J. H. Kim, S. O. Kim, "The effect of adolescents' emotional intelligence on peer relationship." Journal of human life sciences, 14, pp. 71-87, 2011.
- K. S. Kim, I. Y. Chang, "The Moderating Effect of the Sports Activity Satisfaction in the relationship between Adolescents' Communication Skills and Positive Self-concept within Peer Group." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 365-373, 2017.
- Y. D. Yi, G. C. Hwang, "The Effects of Time Management Behavioral Therapy Program on Self-Esteem, Stress Coping of School Maladjusted Adolescents." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 517-526, 2013.
- J. Y. Kim, "The Relationship among Loneliness, Stress, and Smartphone Addiction of Adolescents in the Era of Digitalization." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 9, pp. 335-343, 2017.
- M. J. Kwak, Y. M. Kim, "A Study of Influence on Adolescent Psychological Well-Being - Focusing on Strengths of Family Life and Satisfaction with School Life in the IT-based Society." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 49-57, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.49
- H. J. Kim, M. S. Yang, "A Study on the Social Support, Ego-resiliency and Stress Coping Strategies of School-Dropout Adolescents." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 23-34, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.23
- H. S. Yoon, "Development and Application of a REBT-based Cognitive Restructuring Program for Self-management of Professional Players." Doctoral Dissertation, In-ha University, 2010.