- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Study of Evaluation of University Students' Health Behaviors
대학생의 건강행위 평가 연구
- Lee, Grace Changkeum (Dept. of Nursing, Kongju National University) ;
- Park, Yeon-Suk (Dept. of Nursing, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2017.10.23
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study is to develop and evaluate the scale for university students' health behaviors. This research is based on Roger's(1975) Protection Motivation Theory and Weinstein(1988)'s Precaution Adoption Process Model as theoretical frameworks. The contents of the scale were first abstracted from personal depth interviews of qualitative study on university students' health behavior experiences and review of its related literature. The initial items consisted of 76 behavior questions and 34 perception questions. After conducting the preliminary test, 33 behavior questions and 24 perception questions were selected for the final test by revisions on the basis of the result of the content validity test and the item understanding test. The questionnaires for the final test were distributed to 400 students enrolled in three universities. The questionnaires collected from 373 participants were analyzed by the SPSS program. From the examination of construct validity, item correlation, and factor relation turned out to be relevant. Five factors were determined from 27 items with a cumulative explained variance of 54.498 %. After examining reliability and validity of the collected dat, 27 items were finalized as the scale for university students' health behaviors.
Supported by : 공주대학교
- M. Y., Barnes, M. D. Courtney, J. Pratt, & A. M. Walsh, A. M., "School-based youth health nurses: Roles, responsibilities, challenges, and rewards." Public Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 316-322, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0737-1209.2004.21404.x
- H. Y. Jang. "The mediating effect of dysfunctional beliefs on the relationship between college students's stress and their maladjustment." Master's thesis, Keimyung University, 2009.
- K. H. Kim. "Cultural influence on creativity: The relationship between Asian culture (Confucianism) and creativity among Korean educators." Second Quarter, Vol. 43, pp. 73-93, 2009.
- Y. S. Park, & U. C. Kim. "Factors influencing quality of life for individuals and Korean society: Indigenous psychological analysis across different generations." Korean Journal of Psychological and Social Issues, Vol. 12, No.1, pp. 161-195, 2006.
- Ministry of Health and Wealfare. "Data of the health survey." http://seoulmentalhealth.kr/dataroom/data.jsp?cmd=view&test_num=108, May 20, 2017.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "College health and safety." http://www.cdc.gov/family/college/, February 20, 2017.
- H. K. Kim. "Factors influencing health promoting behaviors of university students using Pender's model." Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol.12, No 2, pp. 132-141, 2006.
- N. Pender, C., Murdaugt, & M. Parsons. Health promotion in nursing practice(5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Parson Education Inc. 2006.
- D. S. Gochman. "Health behavior research: Definitions and diversity." In D. S. Gochman (ed.), Handbook of health behavior research, vol. I. New York: Plenum Press. 1997.
- R. W. Rogers. "Cognitive and psychological process in fear appeals and attitude change: A revised theory of protection motivation." In J. Cacioppo & R. Petty (Eds.), Social Psychology, New York: Guilford, 1983.
- N. D. Weinstein. "The precaution adoption process." Health Psychology, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 355-386, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-6126.96.36.1995
- R. F. DeVellis. Scale Development: Theory and Applications(4th ed.). Los Angeles, CA: Sage Publications, 2017.
- P. Colaizzi. "Psychological research as phenomenologist views it." In R.S. Valle & King(Ed.), Existential phenomenological alternatives for psychology (pp. 48-71). New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 1978.
- D. Bertram. "Likert scales: CPSC 681-topic report." Poincare, pp. 1-11, http://poincare.matf.bg.ac.rs/-kristina/topic-dane-likert.pdf, April 2, 2017.
- M. R. Lynn. "Determination and quantification of content validity." Nursing research, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 382-385, 1986.
- E. O. Lee & Others. Analysis of research articles and its practical application. Seoul: Gunja Publishing Company, 2007.
- H. S. Yoo & K. H. Sim. "Survey on the high-caffeine energy drink consumption status of university students in seoul." Journal of East Asian Society of Dietary Life, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 407-420, 2014.
- H. J. Shin & S. S. Park. "A study of university students' recognition and attitude of drug abuse." The Korean Association of Police Science Review, Vol. 55, pp. 183-206, 2015.
- Jo Ho-Yoon. "Development of Measurement tools for Reproductive Health Promoting Behavior of Undergraduate." Ph.D. dissertation, Busan University, 2014.
- K. W. Kim & H. I. Jung. "Effectiveness evaluation of healthy drinking in the university students evaluation." Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 5029-5036, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.10.5029
- D. S. Kim, S. W. Kang, & J. W. Park. "Survey on smoking for college students in some regions." Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 1841-1848, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.4.1841
- M. J. Lee, & K. S. Ko. "A qualitative study based on features of smartphone use by university students." The Journal of Digital Policy and Management, Vol. 11, No. 9, pp. 301-310, 2013.
- K. N. Kim & S. E. Lee. "Perception and behavior of dieting among university students in chungbuk area." Journal of Human Ecology, Vol. 15 No. 1, pp.49-62, 2011.
- Y. Ahn & K. W. Kim. "Beliefs regarding vegetable consumption, self-efficacy and eating behaviors according to the stages of change in vegetable consumption among college students." Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 1-13, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2012.17.1.1
- H. B.l Jang, H. Y. Lee, Y. H. Han, J. H. Song, K. N. Kim, & T. Hyun. "Changes in food and nutrient intakes of college students between 1999 and 2009." Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, Vo. 16, No. 3, pp. 324-336, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2011.16.3.324
- J. E. Choi & Y. G. Kim. "The relationship between university students' nutrition knowledge, dietary self-efficacy, dietary habits and menu choice behavior." Journal of Foodservice Management Society of Korea, Vol. 15 No. 6, pp. 249-275, 2012.
- C. E. Lee. "A study on related factors and coping methods among university & college students." The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol.7, No.4 pp.13-22, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.4.013
- N. E. Kim. "The relationships among stress, resilience and quality of life in college students." Journal of Adolescent Welfare, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 1-19, 2011.
- K. Cho & H. Bae. "A study on the university student's leisure satisfaction, self-esteem and life satisfaction." Journal of Tourism Management Research, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 165-186, 2016. https://doi.org/10.18604/tmro.2016.20.5.9
- M. K. Jeon & K. O. Oh. "Prediction structure model of mental health of university students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 251-262, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.251
- W. Y. Chung, Su. J. Park, & S. G. Park. "The relationship of exercise intention, self-efficacy, health consciousness, exercise behavior of college students." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 66. pp. 569-577, 2016.
- Y. H. Kim, M. S. Yang, & H. R. Park. "A study on a relationship between university students life stress and suicidal ideation: mediating effect of mental health."Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 291-301, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.291
- S. D. Kim & M. G. Kim. "The relation of life style and quality of sleep in university students." Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 2795-2801, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2795
- Y. B. Kim, C. M. Park, H. H. Kim, & C. H. Han. "Health behavior and utilization of university health clinics." The Journal of Korean Society for School Health Education, Vol. 11 No. 1, pp. 79-91, 2010.
- H. C. Cho, Y. D. Cho, & Y. H. Seo. "Effect of exercise participation on wellness awareness in university students." Korean Society for Wellness, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 73-82, 2013.
- N. S. Kim. "Health promoting behaviors and influencing factors of university students: optimism and coping skills." Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol.19, No. 5, pp. 37-46, 2007.
- J. H. Lee & J. H. Lee. "Convergence study on health risk behavior among korean college students: seoul vs. non-seoul area." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 345-356, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.5.345