- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Ceramic Expression using Silhouette Technique and Decal Technique
실루엣기법과 전사기법을 활용한 융복합적 도자 표현 연구
- Kim, Won-Seok (Formative Arts Design, Kongju National University) ;
- Ro, Hea-Sin (Formative Arts Design, Kongju National University) ;
- Choi, Jung-Hwa (Formative Arts Design, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2017.10.10
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
Modern ceramics is exploring the expansion of the area with various expression techniques. The silhouette technique among various expressive decoration techniques is a representative expression technique of object form expression. This emphasizes the outline of the form and expresses it and omits the inner form. It gives simplicity and intensity, and awakens aesthetic sensibility and imagination. Therefore, the researcher designed the material related to the core image of the story by designing it as a silhouette technique by using the "Acorn Story" as a subject and then making the transfer paper by using the vector graphic. The transferred paper was expressed on a ceramic plate by transferring technique. Therefore, I hope that this research, beyond the merely decorative function of ceramic expression, will become a ceramic design that will awaken imagination and aesthetic sensibility in digital information age.
현대도예는 다양한 표현장식기법으로 영역의 확장을 모색하고 있다. 다양한 표현장식기법 중 실루엣기법은 사물 형태표현의 대표적인 표현기법이다. 이는 형태의 외형을 강조하여 표현하고 내부의 형태는 생략하는 방법으로 간략함과 강렬함을 주며 미적 감수성과 상상력을 일깨우는 특성이 있다. 이에 본 연구자는 제작 작품 "도토리 이야기"를 주제로 설정하여 이야기의 핵심적인 이미지와 연관되는 소재들을 실루엣기법으로 디자인하고 이를 벡터그래픽을 활용하여 전사지 제작을 하였고 제작된 전사지는 전사기법으로 도자 접시에 표현하였다. 완성된 작품의 이미지는 보는 이로 하여금 다의적 해석을 유도한다. 따라서 도자 표현장식의 단순한 장식적 기능을 넘은 본 연구가 디지털 정보화 시대에 상상력과 미적 감수성을 일깨우는 도자디자인이 되기를 기대해 본다.
- J. S. Lee, "Research on the Surface Decoration Techniques of Contemporary Ceramic Art - ocusing on the use of Silk Screen Methods-", KSCA, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp.78-93, 2009.
- G. E. Yang, "A study on transfer design by silhouette images : focused on Ukiyo-e's technique", Hongik University, Seoul, p. 16, 2003.
- I. S. Choi, "A study on the meaning and paradoxical space in the illustration", Kangwon University, p. 24, 1999.
- Y. J. Choi, J. H. Choi, "A Study of the Characteristics of the Designer Toy in Making Purposes", KSBDA, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 357-367, 2012.
- E. J. Hwang, "A study on the Silhouette form that is motivatied by urban life", Art Graduate School of sculpture Kookmin University, p. 14, 2008.
- M. H. Kim, "A research of the expression and meaning on Silhouette Illustrations in Children Picture Books", KSIR, Vol. 37, pp. 71-80, 2013.
- Y. J. Hyun, "A Study on expression of internal consciousness by silhouette", The Graduate School of Hong-Ik University, p. 3, 2005.
- J. H. Lee, "Inherent memory represented by silhouette technique : mainly referring to works of myself", Graduate School of Dong-Eui University, pp. 5-6, 2010.
- M. J. Kim, "A Study of Wedding Image Expressed by a Floral Formative Arts : Based on the skill 'silhouette'", Graduate School of Suwon University, 2015.
- Y. W. Lee, "Research on Design Ceramic tableware Usign Facial Expressions as Inspiration." Ewha Womans University, pp.10-13, 1994.
- DOI:https://neolook.com/archives/20061021c, (Oct 21, 2006)
- T. S. Kim, "Industrial ceramic and design." Monthly Ceramic Art, pp.10-13, 1999.
- I. S. Mo, "The Material and design of third firing tile." Korean Institute of Interior Design Journal, Vol. 25, pp.262-271, 2000.
- G. H. Park, "Chemical technology of pottery tableware." The Study of Ceramic, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp.26-27, 1995.
- J. H. Seo, "The Study of Industrial Ceramics and Tableware Design-Pivot of manufacturing morning Set Outside Decoration-Unpublished masters thesis", Hongik University, pp.17-18, 2003.
- K. H. Woo, E. J. Yoo, "A Study on the Transfer Printing Technique in Contemporary Ceramic Art's Expression Medium", A Korea Society of Art & Design, Vol. 18, No. 4. pp.413-429, 2015.
- https://craftcouncil.org/post/howard-kottlers-plates-and-politics, (Dec 27, 2012)
- Fornasetti-Practical Madness, p.48, 2016.
- http://thewillowpatternproject.blogspot.kr/2010/07/robert-dawson.html, (Jul 18, 2010)
- J. R. Han, "A Study of Computer-Assisted Drawing", Graduate School of Sociocultural Science, Han nam University, p. 1, 2004.
- Y. K. Kim, "A Study on Characteristics of Expression by Digital Fashion Illustration for Development of Fashion Illustration Education I - Focused on Expression by Digital Fashion Illustration according to Concept of Digital-", KSDT, No. 37, pp. 419-433, 2012.
- H. H. Min, G. H. Hwang, "The effect of Privacy Factors on the Provision Intention of Individual Information from the SNS Users", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 14, No.12, pp. 1-12, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.1