- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Social Media Uses: ethical factors and the effects for teenagers
소셜 미디어 이용: 청소년 대상 윤리적 요인과 그 영향
- Lee, Hyun-Suk (Division of Refinement, Cyber Hankuk University of Foreign Studies)
- 이현숙 (사이버한국외대 교양학부)
- Received : 2017.09.28
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
This study is for empirical analyzing the ethical contents in using social media, such as what kind of ethical responsibility do the teenage users have, how do they recognize the ethical concept in producing or sharing the information and how these ethical factors affect their behavior of social media uses. After survey with the structured questionnaire, statistical analyses with available 227 cases are processed. As a result, there are 4 ethical factors in using social media which as
Social Media Uses;Ethical Factor;CyberEthics;CyberIdentity;Information Ethics
- Hyun-Hee Shin, Kyung-Ran Kim, "The Differences in Motivation and Usage according to Morphological evolution of SNS - Focusing on university students' use of Facebook and Instagram", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.15, No.6, pp.155-164, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.155
- Min-Wook Choi, "The Effect of Motives for Using Facebook on Facebook Advertising Diffusion Behavior", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.12, pp.85-93, 2016.
- Hyun-Suk Lee, "Frame Analysis of Political News in Social Media: Focus on the keyword, presidential election in Wikitree", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.15, No.2, pp.309-318, 2017.
- Byoung-Ho Jung, Byung-Cho Kim, "Behavior Improvement of Unethical Information-Sharing by The Ethical Program : Social Capital and Ripple Effect", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.15, No.8, pp.169-182, 2017.
- Young-Seok Lee, Shin-Hye Kang, Jung-Won Cho, "Classification and Prioritization of Dysfunction for Effective Information Ethics Education", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.15, No.7, pp.133-138, 2017.
- Hye-Sun Shin, Seok-Hee Yun, "Association Between the Addiction of SNS and Ego-Identity of Youth's in Both Reality and Cyber Space", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.15, No.8, pp.225-234, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.225
- Hyeon-Hong Min, Gee-Hyun Hwang, "The effect of Privacy Factors on the Provision Intention of Individual Information fromthe SNS Users", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.12, pp.1-12, 2016.
- Jong-Kil Kim, "performing self identity and multiple identity in cyberspace", Korean Journal of Social Theory, Vol.33, pp.201-247, 2008.
- Hyun-Suk Lee, Byong-Cheol Kim, CyberEthics and Human Understanding, Seoul; HUiNE, 2013.
- James H. Moor, "If Aristotle were a computing professional", Computers and Society, Vol.28, No.3, pp.13-16, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1145/298972.298977
- Richard O. Mason, "Four Ethical Issues of the Information Age Management Information Systems", MIS Quarterly, Vol.10, No.1, pp.5-12, 1986. https://doi.org/10.2307/248873
- Richard J. Severson, The Principles of Information Ethics. New York: M. E. Sharpe, 1997.
- Richard A. Spinello, CyberEthics: Morality and law in cyberspace, Sudbury; Jones & Barlett Publishers, 2000.
- Beong-Wan Chu, "A study on systematization method of information ethics education for teenagers", Journal of moral & ethics education, Vol.13, pp.200-222, 2001.
- Seong-Sik Kim, Hyeong-Keun Yu, Chae-Young Rhee, Seong-Hwan Cho, "Development of Test Items to Measure the Consciousness of Information and Communication Ethics for Middle School Students", The journal of curriculum and evaluation, Vol.12, No.1, pp.145-169, 2009.
- John S. Mill, On Liberty, translated by Yo-Han Choi, Seoul: HongShin Munwhasa, 2000.
- John Milton, Areopagitica, translated by SangWon Im, Seoul: NaNam, 1998.
- John Rawls, Political Liberalism, Columbia University Press, 1993.
- Stephen J. A. Ward, "Journalism Ethics", In Karin Wahl-Jorgensen, Thomas Hanitzsch(Eds.), The Handbook of Journalism Studies, New York: Routledge, 2009.
- John C. Merrill, Journalism Ethics: Philosophical Foundations for News Media, Bedford: St.Martin's, 1996.
- Jane B. Singer, "JournalismEthics in a Digital Network", In Robert S. Fortner, P. Mark Fackler(Eds.), The Handbook of Global Communication and Media Ethics, Vol.2, pp.845-863, MA: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011.