- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Modern City and Public Design from the Perspective of Multiplex Culture-Focused on Case Study of Starfield in COEX
복합문화적인 측면에서 바라 본 현대도시와 공공디자인 -스타필드 코엑스 사례 분석을 중심으로
- Received : 2017.09.12
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
This study explores the characteristics of modern city and public design viewed from the perspective of multiplex culture. This study applied positivist research methods such as relevant literature survey and various theoretical reviews for the study of modern city and culture. The purpose of this study is to discuss the culture and multiplex culture, and explore the relationship between modern city and public design accordingly. As a result, this study analyzed the case of Starfield COEX as a typical complex cultural space in Korea and reinterpreted it as a concept of public design. However, this study has limitations that cannot provide empirical cases to support the theoretical discussion in the concept definition of the complex culture of Korea. So, It will investigate and supplement actual cases through a follow - up study of the study on the multiplex cultural space of modern cities.
Culture;Multiplex culture;Multiplex culture in Korea;Modern city;Public design
- Lee, Kuang Kyu, "Cultural Anthropology", Iljokak, pp.33-34, 1998.
- Tylor, E. B. "Primitive culture", Murray, p.11, 1871.
- Lee, Seong-Hun & Kim, Chang-Min, "La hibridacion cultural y la globalizacion", Vol.19 No.02, Revista Iberoamericana, p.95, 2008.
- Peter Burke, "Cultural Hybridity(2009), Polity Press", Korean edition published by E-UM Publishing House, p.22, p.175, 2012.
- Edward Said, "Culture and Imperialism, Routledge", pp.112-115, 1994.
- Kim, Min Soo, "A Culturalistic Attitudes in Urban Design: focused on the Placeness", Journal of Research Institute of Engineering & Technology, Vol.2 No.1, p.188, 2002.
- Hee Kwon Jang, "Hybriditat und Nationalismus in der globalen Welt", Deutsche sprach-und literaturwissenschaft, Vol.39, p.372, 2007.
- Lee, Kyung ah, "Research on the peculiarity of public design and contemporary city", Journal of Digital Design, Vol.17 No.1, p.128, 2008.
- Lee, Kyung ah, "A Research on Combined Conception for Consuming Space in Contemporary City", Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol.14 No.2, p.302, 2008.
- Park, Junhong, "A Study on the Development of Design Process and Methods based on the Cultural Differences for Korea", Ph.D. dissertation, p. 84, Hongik University, 2015.
- Lee, Yang Sook & Nah,Ken, "A Study on Public Design 4.0", Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol.20, No.2, p.440, 2014.
- Geert Hofstede, Gert Jan Hofstede & Michael Minkov, "Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind(2010)", Korea edition copyright by Hakjisa Publisher, Inc. p.24, 2014.
- www.geert-hofstede.com/south-korea.html, 2017.07.01.
- Lee, Jin Ah, "Characteristics and Implications of Civic Multiculturalism Policy of Canada", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No. 11, p. 16, 2015.
- Grace Chang-keum Lee, Yeon-Suk Park, Hye-Kyung Lee, Keum-Jae Lee, "The Effect of a Convergence Multi-cultural Nursing Education Program on Cultural Competence and Empathy for Nursing Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.12, p. 342, 2015.
- Lee, Myung-Sook, Park, Young-Mi, "Cultural Competency by Multicultural Experience of College Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.12, p. 662, 2016.
- http://www.coexmall.com/coexmall/intro.do 2017.08.30.
- Yoon, Ji-hyea, "A study on the order of period characteristics of multiplex cultural space and solution of revitalization", Master thesis, p.7, Dankook University, 2012.
Supported by : 국립한국교통대학교