- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Expandibility of Contents Using 'Beauty and the Beast'
원작 '미녀와 야수'를 활용한 다양한 콘텐츠 확장성 연구
- Joo, Eun-Ryeong (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image and Contents, Dongguk University) ;
- Chung, Jean-Hun (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image and Contents, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2017.09.28
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
'Beauty and the Beast' was generated as a novel in 1740 and descended to date with the musical movie in 2017. This study is to understand what contents has been derived and expanded from one story for 277 years upon analyzing 'Beauty and the Beast' with the background of the times. Due to the limitation to include all the folktales and stories, the subjects of this study are limited with the contents that had been known and recorded as 'Beauty and the Beast.' 'Beauty and the Beast' has been expanded to 7 types of contents including novel, fairytale, movie, drama, animation, musical and film opera. It was created as a novel in the eighteenth century, made as a fairytale, and developed as a movie by Jean Cocteau, a movie director. With Industrial Revolution and the development of science, 'Beauty and the Beast' which derived into animation, drama, and musical contents, has been developed as the film opera thanks to the new trial of Philip Glass and the development of music industry. 'Beauty and the Beast' is still regenerating with a variety of contents continuously upon the development of computer technology and the fad of global remake. With anticipation of further analytical studies on 'Beauty and the Beast,' it is expected that the data of this study can be contributed as a reference in the other studies.
- Soon-Hee Lee, "Une etude la traduction des contes de fees: le cas de la belle et la bete de madame de beaumont", CFAF, Vol. 35, pp.243-280, 2011.
- Geil Maesu, "Dada and Surrealism", p5, Hangil Art, 2001.
- Eun-Ryeong Joo "A Study on the Directing Technique of Jean Cocteau 'Beauty and the Beast'", KACC, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.63-65, 2017.
- Seung-Ho Yoo, "Sweet bloody culture story", p.22, New People, 2008.
- Ieseudeo, "Popular music and Culture", p.80, p.122, Keimyung University Press, 2012.
- Jae-Hyun Lee, "Multimedia", p.53, Communication Booksc, 2013.
- Soo-Jin Lee, Yong-Sin Jo, "Exciting Broadway Musical 100Years Musical Story", p.260, Forest, 2009.
- Eun-Gi Min, Hy-Seung Sin, "Understanding Western Music Classics A to Z" p.214, p.263, p.264, Music World, 2014.
- Lang-Goo Lee, Jean-Hun Chung, "A Study on Visual and Auditory Inducement of VR image Contents the Inducement Components of for Immersion Improvement" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp. 495-500, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.11.495
- Ho-Young Kim, "Understanding French Films", p15, Theater and Human, 2003.
- Yu-Seop Lee, Jean-Hun Chung, "Study on the scanimation Expression using color scheme" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 451-456, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.451
- Xinyi Shan, Jean-Hun Chung, "Comparison of the Characteristics of Three Premium Large-Format Platforms IMAX, Screen X and 360 Degrees Circular Screen", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 8, pp. 375-381, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.8.375
- Carpentier Jean, Le Bourge Francois, Marie Mayreur Jean, Carpentier Elizabeth, Trajanah Alain, "French History", p.223, p.228, p.303, Sonamoo, 1991.
- Davies Georges, Ferro Michel, "History of Women 3 (ha)", p.471, p.475, Saemulgyeol, 1999.
- Jong-Il Na, Gyu-Beom Song, "History of England(ha)", p537, p551, p558, Hanul Academy, 2009.
- Gjin Myeong Hwang, https://goo.gl/GhC282