- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Self-Efficacy and Positive Thinking on Subjective Happiness of Nursing Students
자기효능감, 긍정적 사고가 간호대학생의 주관적 행복감에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Su-Ol (Dept. of Nursing, Gwangju University)
- 김수올 (광주대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2017.11.02
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purposes of this study was to evaluate the effect of self-fficacy and positive thinking on subjective happiness of nursing students. In this study, 265 data was collected from nursing students of D-city in South Korea from April 4 to 22, 2016. Collected data was analyzed using the SPSS 21.0 Statistics Program. with descriptive statisticsm, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients, and multiple regression using SPSS WIN 21.0 program. There were significant predictors of subjective happiness for nursing students were self efficacy (
Subjective Happiness;Positive Thinking;Self Efficacy;Nursing Students;Program
Supported by : 광주대학교
- J. I. Park, C. U. Park, H. J. Seo, Y. S. Youm, "Collection of korean child well-being index and its international comparison with other OECD countries", Korean Journal of Sociology, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp.121-154, 2010.
- M. H. Nam, M. R. Lee, "Factors influencing subjective happiness index of health behavior, self esteem and major satisfaction by nursing students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp.363-374, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.363
- Dalai Lama.Howard C. Cutler. "(The)art of happiness in a troubled world", Seoul: Maumsup, 2012.
- H. S. Park, "Stress, yangsaeng and subjective happiness among female undergraduate nursing students in the republic of Korean", J. of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp.471-481, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.471
- G. V. Ostir, K. S. Markides, S. A. Black, J. S. Goodwin, "Emotional well-being predicts sussequent functional independence and survival", Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, Vol. 48, pp.473-478, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2000.tb04991.x
- Lyubomirsky, S. "Why are some people happier than others? The role of cognitive and motivational processes in well-being", The American Journal of Psychology, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp.239-249, 2001 https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.56.3.239
- B. L. Fredrickson, M.. Tugade, C. E. Wauugh, G. R. Larkin, "What good are emotions in crisis? a prospective study of resilience and emotions following the terrorist attack on the united states on september 11th 2001", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 84, pp.356-376, 2003.
- W. C. Compton, "An introduction to positive psychology", Belmont, CA: Thomson Wadsworth. 2005.
- J. H. Kim, "The effect of happiness on health", Korean Journal of Stress Research, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp.123-141, 2008.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "Korea Health Statistics 2015 : Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES VI-3).", Ministry of Health and Welfare, pp.30-113, 2016.
- S. Y. Lee, Y. Y. Kim, J. S. Lee, "The convergent effect of self-esteem, depression, and social support on suicidal ideation in university students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 8, pp.323-331, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.8.323
- Y. H. Kim., M. S. Yang, H. R. Park. "A study on a relationship between university students life stress and suicidal ideation: mediating effect of mental health." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 291-301, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.291
- W. H. Jun, K. S. Cha, K. L. Lee, "Factors affecting subjective well-being in nursing students", J. of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp.276-284, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.276 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.276
- S. H. Lee, B. Y. Chung, S. H. Kim, "Influence on subjective happines of university students, Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp.115-126, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2015.29.1.115
- E. Y. Kim, "A study happiness of nursing students ", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 9, pp.385-395, 2017.
- H. Y. Jung, "The convergence influence of life stress, depression and ego resiliency on college life adaptation in nursing students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 259-268, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.259
- J. G. Kim, H. S. Park, "The factors related to happiness among nursing students", J. of The Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 17, Vol. 1, pp.545-559, 2015.
- G. Y. Jo, H. S. Park, "Predictors of subjective happiness for nursing students", J. of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.160-169, 2011.
- K. H. Jo, "Perception of undergraduate nursing students toward happiness: A q-methodological approach", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp.178-189, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.2.178
- E. M. Kim, Y. H. Yang, H. Y. Lee, M. Yu, "Factors influencing subjective happiness in korean nursing students", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp.294-303, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.294
- O. R. Lightsey, Jr, G. Boyraz, "Do positive thinking and meaning mediate the positive affect - life satisfaction relationship?", Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp.203-213, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0023150
- S. O. Kim, "Influence of Positive Thinking and Subjective Happiness on School Adaptation in Nursing Students", Journal of Korean public health nursing, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp.365-404, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2016.30.3.395
- S. O. Kim, S. M. Kim, Predictors of positive thinking for nursing students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp.1717-1727, 2016.
- Chung, Y. L., Kim, S. O. Analysis of metacognition, self-efficacy, and perceptions of the constructivist learning environment in science for middle and high school students, Research Institute of Curriculum Instruction, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 125-144, 2012. https://doi.org/10.24231/rici.2012.16.1.125
- Kim, M., O. Study of self-efficacy, communication competency, critical thinking disposition and clinical performance ability of nursing students, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 609-617, 2016.
- M. Sherer, J. E. Maddux, "The self efficacy scale: contraction and validation", Psychological Reports, Vol 51, pp.663-667, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.1918.104.22.1683
- H. J. Kim, Y. H. Oh, G. S. Oh, D. W. Suh, Y. C. Shin, J. Y. Jung, "Development and validation study of the positive thinking scale", The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp.767-784, 2006.
- S. Lyubomirsky, H. Lepper, "A measure of subjective happiness: Preliminary reliability and construct validation", Social indicators research, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp.137-155, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006824100041
- E. Y. Chin, M. I. Lee, Y. L. Kim, "Study on meta-cognition, self-efficiency, clinical competence of nursing students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp.317-326, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.317 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.317
- M. J. Park, W. H. Jun, "Effects of social support and self-efficacy on hope among nursing students", Journal of Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp.34-41, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.1.34
- H. S. Park, Y. J. Bae, S. Y. Jeong, "A study on self-esteem, self-efficacy, coping methods, and the academic and job-seeking stress of nursing students", The Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp.621-631, 2002.
- S. Y. Yun, M, S. Kim, "A study on the relevance among self efficacy, major satisfaction, nursing ethics values in nursing students before clinical practice", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp.363-372, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.363
- S. R. Lee, "The convergence study of self-management and self-efficacy on health promotion activities of university student", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No.1, pp.311-320, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.311
- I. O. Moon, G. W. Lee, S. H. Jeong, "Effect of image making programs on image making efficacy, positive thinking, self-esteem, and nursing professionalism in nursing students", Journal of Korean Academic Nursing Administration, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp.122-132, 2015. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.1.122
- J. A. Piqueras, W. Kuhne, P. Vera-Villarroel, A. van Straten, P. Cuijpers, "Happiness and health behaviours in chilean college students: a cross-sectional survey", BMC Public Health, Vol. 11, p.443, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-11-443
- J. I. Kim, , Y. K. Kim, Y. M. Jo, "A study on the factors affecting happiness in nursing students", J. of The Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 18, No. 2(B), pp.1137-1149, 2016.
- B. L. Fredrickson, "The role of positive emotions in positive psychology. The broaden-and-build theory of positive emotions", American Psychologist, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp.218-226, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.56.3.218