- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effects of the Convergence Program using Traditional play on Depression, Sense of Belonging and Suicidal Ideation in Rural Women Elderly
전통놀이를 활용한 융복합 프로그램이 농촌 여성노인의 우울, 소속감 및 자살생각에 미치는 효과
- Oh, Hyeun-joo (Colleage of Nursing, Chungnam National University) ;
- Gang, Moonhee (Colleage of Nursing, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Myung-Sook (Dept. of Nursing Science, Howon University) ;
- Oh, Kyong-ok (Colleage of Nursing, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2017.10.30
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of the convergence program using traditional play on the depression, sense of belonging and suicidal ideation in rural elderly women. This study of participants were 42 elderly women aged 65 years old or older in K province(Experimental group= 20, Control group = 22). The data collected from July 17 to August 23, 2017. The experimental group participated in a total of 12 sessions of traditional play program for 50minutes twice a week. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics,
- Korean Statistical Information Service : http://kosis.kr/Aged population ratio('17)
- Korean Statistical Information Service : http://kosis.kr/Aging Index by City('17)
- Ministry of Health and Welfare : http://www.mohw.go.kr/2014 on survey of the elderly [Internet]
- C Y Koo, J S Kim, J O Yu, "A Study on Factors Influencing Elders' Suicidal Ideation : Focused on Comparison of Gender Differences", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 24-32, 2014. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2014.25.1.24
- S Lapierre, A Erlangsen, M Waern, D D Leo, H Oyama, P Scocco, J Gallo, K Szanto, Y Conwell, B Draper, P Quinnett, "A Systemic Review of Elderly Suicide Prevention Programs", Crisis, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 88-98, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1027/0227-5910/a000076
- Korean Information Service : http://kosis.kr/ Geriatric depression('14)
- Korea Suicide Prevention Center : www.spckorea.or,kr/
- S Y Son, "A Comparative Study on the Quality of Life of the Elderly and its' Affecting Factors Between Rural and Urban Areas", Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 26 No. 3, pp. 601-615, 2006.
- Y J Song, "The Effect of Social Capital on Depression between Urban and Rural Older Adults: Focusing on Adult Children Network and Social Network", GRI REVIEW, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 311-339, 2010.
- I K Seo, Y S Lee, "Mediated Effects of Depression on the Relationship between Social Resources of the Elderly Living Alone and Their Suicidal Ideation - With a focus on the comparison between the elderly living alone in rural and urban areas", Korean Journal of Gerontological Society Welfare, Vol. 71, No. 2, pp. 219-247, 2016.
- E K Kim, "Comparison of the Factors Related to Depression of the Female Elderly Living Alone by Region", Korean Journal of Human Ecology, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 811-827, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2015.24.6.811
- Y R Park, H Wee, "Factors of Affecting Suicidal Ideation in Elders Living in own Home", J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 290-299, 2015. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2015.24.4.290
- H W Kang, K M Park, "Comparison of Correlates of Depression in Late-Life between Urban and Rural Areas", Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 129-143, 2012.
- H O Kim, Y S Choi, J H Lee, A R Seo, K S Park, "The Association between Hopelessness, Social Support and Community Integration and Depression among Elderly Living Alone", Journal of Agricultural Medicine and Community Health, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 195-204, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2016.41.4.195
- Beck AT, Kovacs M, Weissman A. "Assessment of suicidal intention: the Scale for Suicide Ideation", Journal of consulting and clinical psychology. Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 343-352, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.47.2.343
- H K Kim, S H Ko, S H Chung, "Suicidal Ideation and Risk Factors among the Elderly in Korea", Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 82-92, 2010.
- H S Lee, D H Lee, "Structural Equation Modeling of Suicidal Ideation and Associated Factors among Elderly Women in Korea", Korean Journal of Health Promotion. Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 162-171, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15384/kjhp.2014.14.4.162
- Y D Choi, S Y Shin, "Moderating Effect of Sense of Belonging in the Association of Depression and Suicidal Ideation Among the Elderly", Korean Journal of Care Management, Vol. 13, pp. 155-180, 2014.
- M A Kim, J H Yang, "A Meta Analysis of Risk and Protective Factors for Depression in Elderly Women", Mental Health & Social Work, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 136-165, 2015.
- Hagerty BMK, Lynch-Sauer J, Patusky KL, Bouwsema M, Collier P. "Sense of belonging: A vital mental health concept", Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 172-177, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0883-9417(92)90028-H
- McLaren S, Challis C. "Resilience Among Men Farmers: The Protective Roles of Social Support and Sense of Belonging in the Depression-Suicidal Ideation Relation", Death Studies, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 262-276, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/07481180802671985
- Hill DL. "Relationship Between Sense of Belonging as Connectedness and Suicide in American Indians", Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 65-74, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apnu.2008.03.003
- J S Kim, "The effect of integrative art therapy using Korean traditional play on the aged's depression and self integration", Master dissertation, p. 10, p. 13, Hanyang University, 2015.
- S B Yoo, M S Kim, "The effects of reminiscence therapy in older adults : A meta-analysis", Korean Journal of Social Welfare Research, Vol. 46, pp. 133-164, 2015.
- K M Kim, H Y Kim, "The systemic contemplation of sadness mediation program applied to internal senior citizens", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 391-400, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.391
- H J Park, J Y Bae, "Efficient Suicide Prevention Intervention: Meta-Analysis", J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 273-284, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2013.22.4.273
- S H Lee, "The Effects of Group Expressive Arts Therapy Using Traditional Play on Depression and Life Satisfaction of the Elderly", Master dissertation, p. 69, Myongji University, 2016.
- Yesavage JA, Brink TL, Rose TL, Lum O, Huang V, Adey M, Leirer VO., "Development and validation of a geriatric depression screening scale: A preliminary report", Journal of Psychiatric Research, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 37-49, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3956(82)90033-4
- B S Kee "A Preliminary Study for the Standardization of Geriatric Depression Scale Short Form-Korea Version", Journal of the Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 298-307, 1996.
- Harlow LL, Newcomb MD, Bentler PM. "Depression, self-derogation, substance use, and suicide ideation: lack of purpose in life as a mediational factor", Journal of clinical psychology, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 5-21, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-4679(198601)42:1<5::AID-JCLP2270420102>3.0.CO;2-9
- H S Kim, "A Study on Epistemology of Korean Elder's Suicidal Thought", Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 159-172, 2002.
- J H Kim, C O Park, "The Young Children's Traditional Culture Education Program Development and Effect of Application focused on Ganggangsullae", Early Childhood Education Research & Review, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 349-374, 2015.