- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Convergent effect of Ego-resilience, Nursing professionalism, and Social support on Department satisfaction in Nursing Students
간호대학생의 자아탄력성, 간호전문직관, 사회적 지지가 학과만족에 미치는 융복합적 영향
- Lee, Sun-young (Dept. of Nursing Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Jeong-sook (Dept. of Nursing Sangmyung University)
- Received : 2017.10.30
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The study were to identify the effect of ego-resilience, nursing professionalism, social support on department satisfaction in nursing students. Data were collected from April to May 2017 from 272 nursing students. The study tools were ego-resilience, nursing professionalism, social support, department satisfaction. The data were analyzed by descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients, multiple linear regression using SPSS/WIN 21.0 program. The result showed that the difference in department satisfaction relating to general characteristics were significant for reason for choosing a department, student activity, academic record. The correlation among ego-resilience, nursing professionalism, social support, department satisfaction were significant, and the significant factors influencing department satisfaction in nursing students were social support, nursing professionalism, ego-resilience. It is necessary to find ways to improve the department satisfaction through the activities that can enhance the social support, nursing professionalism, and ego-resilience of nursing students. This will help them adjust to college life.
Nursing Students;Ego-resilience;Nursing professionalism;Social support;Department satisfaction;Convergence
- E. Y. Yu, Y. J. Yang, "A Study on the Difference among College Students' Department Satisfaction and Career Maturity and the Influence on Career Stress", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp.557-568, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.557
- S. H. Lee, G. Y. Jeong, Y. W. Jang. "A Study of Relations among Ego-Resilience, Social Support and Satisfaction of Department among College Students from Cosmetology-Related Departments", The Journal of Business Education, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp.21-47, 2016.
- K. H. Kim, H. S. Ha, "A Study of Department Satisfaction Factors of Undergraduate Students", The Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp.7-20, 2000.
- H. J. Choi, "Moderating and Mediating Effects of Nursing Professionalism between Major Satisfaction and College life Adaptation among Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp.68-77, 2017.
- K. M. Soria, M. Stebleton, "Major Decisions: Motivations for Selecting a Major, Satisfaction, and Belonging", NACADA Journal, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp.29-43. 2013. https://doi.org/10.12930/NACADA-13-018
- J. A. Cho, J. S. Kim, "Factors Affecting Nursing College Students' Satisfaction with their Department", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp.587-595, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.4.587
- S. Y. Yun, S. H. Min, "Influence of Ego-resilience and Spiritual well-being on College adjustment in major of Nursing Student", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp.395-403, 2014.
- E. J. Yeun, Y. M. Kwon, O. H. Ahn, "Development of a Nursing Professional Value Scale", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp.1091-1100, 2005. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.6.1091
- Y. M. Kwon, E. J. Yeun, "A Correlation Study on Nursing Professional Values, Department Satisfaction, Sociality, Self-Esteem among Nursing Students", Journal of Korean Academy Nursing Administration, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp.285-292, 2007.
- H. S. Kim, D. K. Sherman, S. E. Taylor, "Culture and Social Support", American Psychologist, Vol. 63, No. 6, pp.518-526, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X
- H. J. Kweon, Y. H. Nam, E. Y. Cheon, "A Study on Major Satisfaction according to Social Support Types of Students in the Dept. of Public Health Administration", Vol. 13, No. 2, pp.17-27, 2012.
- M. Y. Han, Y. S. Kim, M. K. Jeon, I. J. Kim, "The Mediating Effect of Resilience in the Relationship between Social Support and Satisfaction in Major among Nursing Students", Crisisonomy, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp.53-65, 2016.
- Y. G. Noh, Y. S. Lee, "Influence of Self-Efficacy and Social Support on Test Anxiety among Nursing Students Taking the National Examination for Registered Nurses", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 16, No. 11, pp.633-643, 2016.
- E. C. Klohnen, "Conceptual analysis and measurement of the construct of ego-resilience", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 70, No. 5, pp.1067-1079, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2067
- S. Y. Lee, J. S. Lee, Y. Y. Kim, "The Effects of Self-Esteem and Self-Efficacy on Ego-Resilience of Nursing Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp.401-409, 2017.
- Y. M. Heo, "An Impact of Nursing Professional Values on Clinical Performance Ability in Nursing College Students-Focusing on Mediating Effects of Self-Leadership and Critical Thinking Disposition-.", Ph.D. dissertation, pp. 28-43, Daegu Haany University, 2017.
- P. W. Nolten, "Conceptualization and measurement of social support : The development of the student social support scale.", Ph.D. dissertation, pp.1-2, Wisconsin-Madisin University, 1995.
- J. Y. Choi, "Study on Factors Affecting Self-leadership of Nursing Students.", Ph.D. dissertation, pp. 26-36, Eulji University, 2016.
- Y. D. Kim, G. S. Kim, "Relationships between Life Stress and Adaptation to University Life in University Students Majoring in Art Therapy: Mediating Effects of Ego-resilience and Social Support", Korean Journal of Art Therapy, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp.25-42, 2017.
- H. Y. Jung, "The Convergence Influence of Life Stress, Depression and Ego Resiliency on College Life Adaptation in Nursing Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp.259-268, 2016.
- M. S. Park, C. U. Oh, H. K. Kang, "Relationships among Bullying, Ego-Resilience, Perceived Stress, and College Adaptation in Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 2, pp.73-81, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.073
- S. O. Utsey, J. N. Hook, N. Fischer, B. Belvet, "Cultural orientation, ego resilience, and optimism as predictors of subjective well-being in African Americans", The Journal of Positive Psychology, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp.202-210, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/17439760801999610
- H. J. Park, J. W. Oh, "The Relationships of the Clinical Practice Stress and the Major Satisfaction with the Nursing Professionalism of Nursing College Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp.417-426, 2014.
- K. O. Lee, H. J. Chae, "The relationships between emotional intelligence and college adjustment and nursing professionalism in nursing students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp.355-365, 2016.
- H. N. Lee, J. H. Kim, "The influencing factors of Ego-Resilience and Empowerment on Nursing Professionalism among Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 17, No. 8, pp.292-300, 2016.
- J. Y. Park, S. M. Park, "Influence of College Adjustment and Social Support on Career Development Level of College Students Who Majors in Health or Social Welfare", Korean Journal of Clinical Laboratory Science, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp.180-186, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15324/kjcls.2017.49.2.180
- N. Yildirim, A. Karaca, S. Cangur, F. Acikgoz, D. Akkus, "The relationship between educational stress, stress coping, self-esteem, social support, and health status among nursing students in Turkey: A structural equation modeling approach", Nurse education today, Vol. 48, pp.33-39, 2016.
- H. W. Kwak, S. W. Hwang, "A comparative study on interpersonal relationship, self-efficacy, and department satisfaction of students majoring in nursing: focus on a four-year technical college and university", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp.239-249, 2017.
- Y. S. Kim, E. J. Oh, "Relationship among Emotional Intelligence, Critical thinking and Major satisfaction in Nursing students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 17, No. 7 pp.103-111, 2016.
- Y. J. Kim, Y. Y. Kim, S. M. Lee, "The Relationships among Self-Esteem, Satisfaction with Major, Career Identity and University life adjustment of University Students in the Department of Children's English Education", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp.39-47, 2015.
- K. A. Chung, J. H. Cho, "Differences between Major Satisfaction, University Life Adjustment, Self-Esteem and Career Identity according to the Time of Department Selection of Students in the Department of Occupational Therapy at One University", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6. No. 5, pp.143-155, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.143
- M. Komarraju, J. Swanson1, D. Nadler, "Increased Career Self-Efficacy Predicts College Students' Motivation, and Course and Major Satisfaction", Journal of Career Assessment, Vol. 22. No. 3, pp.420-432, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1177/1069072713498484