- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of Sensor-based Secondary Vehicle Accident Prevention System
센서 기반의 차량 2차사고 방지 시스템 설계 및 구현
- Lim, Kyung-Gyun (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Gea-Hee (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Jeong, Seon-Mi (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Mun, Hyung-Jin (Division of Information & Communication Engineering, Sungkyul University) ;
- Kim, Chang-Geun (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology)
- 임경균 (경남과학기술대학교 컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 김계희 (경남과학기술대학교 컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 정선미 (경남과학기술대학교 컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 문형진 (성결대학교 정보통신공학부) ;
- 김창근 (경남과학기술대학교 컴퓨터공학과)
- Received : 2017.10.19
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
Traffic accidents in the country have steadily increased. Although IOT technologies have been applied so as to prevent the primary accident, practical solutions to prevent the secondary accident have not been suggested. A general guideline is simply recommended. In this paper, utilizing existing communication technology, we implement a proposed model and its simulation to prevent the secondary accident. When it is possible for a driver to secure visibility, the secondary accident can be prevented; In areas like tunnel, mountain terrain, and curve road with heavy traffic, where the driver has difficulty in securing the visibility, the secondary accident rates after the primary accident have been increasing. Therefore, we implement an accident prevention system that determines the primary accident utilizing sensor technology and prevents the secondary accident communicating through V2V or V2I. After the simulation, we found that the proposed model and the existing model made no difference with regard to the secondary accident rates when the visibility of the driver is secured; With the application of the proposed model, however, the accident rates decreased for 3-7 percent even though the visibility and communication were not secured.
Supported by : Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology
- D.Caveney and W.B.Dunbar, "Cooperative driving: Beyond V2V as an ADAS sensor," In 2012 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp.529-534, 2012.
- IEEE 802.11-03/0943r7: IEEE-SA Standards Board Project Authorization Request(PAR) Form(2001-Rev 1), May, 2004.
- R.Robertson and R.D.Bretherton, "Optimizing networks of traffic signals in real time-the SCOOT method," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 11-15, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/25.69966
- P. Li, X. Huang, Y. Fang, P. Lin, "Optimal placement of gateways in Vehicular Networks," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 56, No. 6, pp.3421-3430, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2007.907230
- H. Hartenstein, K. Laberteaux, "VANET Vehicular Applications and Inter-Networking Technologies," Wiley, 2010.
- Woo, Samuel, Hyo Jin Jo, and Dong Hoon Lee. "A practical wireless attack on the connected car and security protocol for in-vehicle can," Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 993-1006, Sep. 2014.
- Jan Peter Stotz, Norbert BiBmeyer, Frank Kargl, Stefan Dietzel, Panos Papadimitratos, Christian Schleiffer, "Security Requirements of Vehicle Security Architecture", PREparing SEcuRe VEhicle-to-X Communication Systems, June 2011.
- Seon-Mi Jeong,Gea-Hee Kim, Hyung-Jin Mun, Chang-Geun Kim,"Design and Implementation of a System to Detect Zigzag Driving using Sensor",Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14 No. 11, pp.305-311, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.11.305
- Hyo-In An, Hyung-Jin Mun, Chang-Geun Kim, "Design and Implementation of Response type of Flickering Green Signal System using Beacon Message", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14 No. 11, pp.241-247, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.11.241
- Se-Jun Park, Tae-Kyu Yang, "Seung-Sun Yoo, A study on LBB System Using the OBU", The Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol.73, No.3, pp. 64-73, 2009.
- J. Lee, C. Kim, "A roadside unit placement scheme for Vehicular Telematics Networks", LNCS 6059, pp.196-202, 2010.
- Jung-Mo Yang, Jeong-Ho Kim, "A Study on the Enhancement of Network Survivability through Smart Sensor Technologies Convergence", Journal of digital convergence, Vol.14, No.8, pp. 269-276, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.269