- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the operation status and improvement of EMU (Empty Management Unit)
EMU(Empty Management Unit)의 운영현황 및 개선방안에 관한 연구
- Kim, Ki-Young (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Nam, Tae-Hyun (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Kong, Jeong-Min (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Yeo, Gi-Tae (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2017.11.11
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate the changes in the recovery of equipment using full containers loaded with freight instead of direct container transportation according to the sales policy considering the cost of transporting the containers. The EMU operation case was analyzed. The policies implemented by Company A to provide EMU credits depended only on the relative accountability contribution margin per box (RA CMPB) for the profitability of backhaul full freight. Therefore, these policies resulted in limitations in sales based on profitable accountability (PA) CMPB, which is more profitable. Moreover, while some Asian regions have surplus equipment, many Asian destinations to which their freight is exported have equipment shortages. Thus, in some cases, service sales to the regions with surplus equipment generated greater company-wide profits when compared with the return of empty containers or sales to the regions with insufficient equipment. In other words, the conditions for providing EMU credits should be changed, and even the full freight between regions with surplus equipment should be provided with credit amounts in which potential factory and transport costs in a destination are pre-reflected.
- Jun-woo Jeon, Kil-su Jung, Jeong-min Gong, Gi-tae Yeo, "Establishing a demand forecast model for container inventory in liner shipping companies, Korea Port Economic Association, Vol.32, No.4, pp.1-13, 2016.
- Chang-Hoon Shin, Jeong-Sick Kang, Soo-Nam Park, Ji-Hoon Lee, "A study on the forecast of container traffic using hybrid ARIMA-neural network model", Korea Maritime University, Vol.2007, pp.259-260, 2007.
- Kyung-chang Min, Hun-gu ha, "Prediction of port container volume in korea using SARIMA model", Korean Society of Transportation, Vol.32, No.6, pp.600-614, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7470/jkst.2014.32.6.600
- Seung-hyun Roh, Chul-min Kim, Ki-tae Kim, "An empirical study on the container traffic forecasting model using hinterland-foreland concept", Korea Institute of International Commerce, Vol.26, No.2, pp.49-71, 2011.
- Jin-haeng Jo, Jae-jin Kim, "A study on the forecasting of container freight volume for donghae port and sokcho port", Korea Port Economic Association, Vol.26, No.1, pp.83-104, 2010.
- Y.K.Koh, Y.J.Kim, J.Y.Shin, T.H.Kim, "Forecasting export loaded container throughput of incheon port", Korea Port Economic Association, Vol.24, No.3, pp.57-77, 2008.
- Jung-Hoon Kim, "The forecast of the cargo transportation for the north port in busan, using time series models", Korea Port Economic Association, Vol.24, No2, pp.1-17, 2008.
- H.H.Kim, K.D.Sung, J.W.Jeon, K.T. Yeo, "Analysis of the Relationship Betweeng freight index and shipping company's stock price index", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.6, pp.157-165, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.6.157
- C.B.Lee, J.H.Noh, "An Empirical Study on Improving Competitiveness of Korean Shipping Industry", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.26, No.3, pp.259-278, 2010.
- K.J.Jung, J.W.Jeon, C.H.Yang, K.T.Yeo, "A Study on the comparative Analysis of World Major Liner Shipping Companies'Ship investment Strategy", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.7, pp.146-154, 2016.
- Jeong-Eun Kim, Yong-Seok Song, Sung-Ho Jung, Ki Chan Nam "Models for the optimal Container weight allocation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.1, pp.325-328, 2003.
- Kang Jae ho, Oh myung Sub, Ryu Kwang Rul, Kim Kap Hwan, "Positioning Method of Remanufacturing Minimizing Device Considering Imported Container Weight", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.2, No.1, pp.271-278, 2004.
- Young Kyu Park, Kyu Seok Kwak, "Export container preprocessing method to decrease the number of rehandling in container terminal", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.9, No.1, pp.77-82, 2011.
- Choi Jin Yi, "A Study on the effect of approval system of container terminal stevedoring charges on the port transport market", Korea Local Government association, Vol.19, No.4, pp.71-96, 2016.
- Sang-Hyun Cha, Chang Kyun Noh, "A case study of automation management system of damaged container in the port gate", Journal of Korean Navigation and Port research, Vol.41, No.1, pp.9-16, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2017.41.1.9