- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Influence of Traditional Media and New Media Communication on Lovemarks, Satisfaction and Behavior Intention of Foodservice Industry
외식기업의 전통적 미디어와 뉴미디어 커뮤니케이션이 러브마크, 만족, 행동의도에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Seung-Hun (Division of Tourism Studies, Kyungnam University)
- 이승훈 (경남대학교 관광학부)
- Received : 2017.10.17
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between traditional media communication, new media communication, lovemarks, satisfaction, and behavioral intention in foodservice industry. As the results of study as followed. First, traditional media communication had a significant effect on love dimension, but no significant effect on respect dimension of lovemarks. Second, new media communication had a significant effect on love and respect dimension. Third, love and respect dimension of lovemarks had a significant effect on satisfaction and behavior intention respectively, also satisfaction had a significant effect on behavior intention. Fourth, as a result of the indirect effect analysis of the research model, the traditional media and new media communication had a significant effect on satisfaction through lovemarks, and a significant effect on the behavior intention through lovemarks and satisfaction. This result shows that the enhancement of consumer's communication experience and lovemarks recognition can promote post-purchase behavior such as satisfaction with brand and behavioral intention.
Traditional Media;New Media;Lovemarks;Satisfaction;Behavior Intention
- J. S. Cho, J. Y. Nam, J. S. Hwang, "Contact Points for Communication as Information Sources of Brand Experience - An Investigation of Appropriateness with Prior Knowledge and Product Types.", Advertising Research, No.92, pp.586-618, 2012.
- A. Kumar, R. Bezawada, R. Rishika, R. Janakiraman, P. K. Kannan. "From social to sale: The effects of firm-generated content in social media on customer behavior.", Journal of Marketing, Vol.80, No.1, pp.7-25, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1509/jm.14.0249
- M. Bruhn, V. Schoenmueller, D. B. Schafer. "Are social media replacing traditional media in terms of brand equity creation.", Management Research Review, Vol.35, No.9, pp.770-790, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1108/01409171211255948
- Websitebuilder, "How Online Reviews Can Either Make Or Break Your Business.", https://websitebuilder.org/resources/online-reviews-infographic/, 2017.
- M. Dahlen, A. Granlund, M. Grenros. "The consumer-perceived value of non-traditional media: effects of brand reputation, appropriateness and expense." Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol.26, No.3, pp.155-163, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760910954091
- Y. He, "Examining the Effect of Social Media Communication on Brand Equity Creation.", Doctoral dissertation, Concordia University, 2016.
- News tomato, http://www.newstomato.com/ReadNews.aspx?no=406159, October 05, 2013.
- A. R. Ismail, A. R. Ismail. "The influence of perceived social media marketing activities on brand loyalty: The mediation effect of brand and value consciousness.", Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, Vol.29, No.1, pp.129-144, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1108/APJML-10-2015-0154
- J. Hanaysha. "The Importance of Social Media Advertisements in Enhancing Brand Equity: A Study on Fast Food Restaurant Industry in Malaysia.", International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol.7, No.2, p.46, 2016.
- B. Schivinski, D. Dabrowski. "The effect of social media communication on consumer perceptions of brands.", Journal of Marketing Communications, Vol.22, No.2, pp.189-214, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1080/13527266.2013.871323
- S. Hudson, M. S. Roth, T. J. Madden, R. Hudson. "The effects of social media on emotions, brand relationship quality, and word of mouth: An empirical study of music festival attendees.", Tourism Management, Vol.47, pp.68-76, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2014.09.001
- K. Roberts, "The lovemarks effect: winning in the consumer revolution. Mountaineers Books.", 2006.
- S. H. Lee, T. H. Lee, "The effect of tourism communication experience through social media on perceived value, lovemarks, and future behavior intention of tourist destination.", Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Studies, Vol.18, No.6, pp.1-21, 2016.
- C. A. Scolari, "Mapping conversations about new media: the theoretical field of digital communication.", New media & society, Vol.11, No.6, pp.943-964, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444809336513
- K. Roberts, "Lovemarks: The Future Beyond Brands, PowerHouse Books, New York, NY.", 2004.
- Y. K. Kim, C. W. Choi, J. H. Lee, "A study on the transition of brand experience by purchase stage and the influence of communication means.", The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, Vol.7, No.4, pp.95-126, 2005.
- V. Baena, "Online and mobile marketing strategies as drivers of brand love in sports teams: Findings from Real Madrid.", International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, Vol.17, No.3, pp.202-218, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJSMS-08-2016-015
- J. J. Kim, E. Ko, "Impacts of Luxury Fashion Brand's Social Media Marketing on Customer Relationship and Purchase Intention.", journal of Global Fashion Marketing, Vol.1, No.3, pp.164-171, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/20932685.2010.10593068
- S. H. Lee, T. H. Lee, "A Netnography Study on Tourism Lovemarks.", International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol.28, No.9, pp.17-33, 2014.
- B. J. Ruihley, J. R. Pate, "For the love of sport: Examining sport emotion through a Lovemarks lens.", Communication & Sport., Vol.5, No.2, pp.135-159, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1177/2167479515607048
- Y. J. Jeon, H. S. Shin, "A study on how the formation of lovemarks due to SEMs effects visitor satisfaction and behavioral intention. -Focused on Pyeong Chang Hyoseok Cultural Festival-.", Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Studies, Vol.17, No.6, pp.275-295, 2015.
- I. P. Ryu, Y. K. Yang, J, X. Cui, "An effect that creating a lovemark according to tourism destination storytelling has on tourist satisfaction and loyalty: Focusing on Sunwon Hwasung Fortress, Gyeonggi province.", Journal of Tourism Management Research, 76, pp.55-77, 2017.
- E. J. Kim, H. C. Oh, "The Effects of Hotel Experiential Activity Programs on Perceived Value, Satisfaction, Lovemark and Loyalty.", Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol.29, No.2, pp.103-124, 2017.
- K. H. Park, "An Effect of the Dimensions of Cultural Marketing on Lovemarks, Brand Loyalty and Switching Intention -A Mediating Effect of Corporate Identity and Corporate Image-.", Doctoral dissertation, Kangwon National University, 2013.
- W. J. Lee, "The Effects of Overseas Travel Experience Elements on Image for Travel Destination : Focus on Lovemarks in China Travel.", Doctoral dissertation, Sejong University, 2011.
- S. M. Yoon, T. H. Lee, "The Effect of the Perceived Lovemark Constructs of Travel Agency on Repurchase/ Recommendation Intention and Consumer Support toward the Extension of Discounted Travel Products.", Journal of Korea Service Management Society, Vol.14, No.1, pp.49-72, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15706/jksms.2013.14.1.003