- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Employee and Creditor Corporate Governance on Earning Management
종업원 및 채권자 기업지배구조가 이익조정에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Hye-Ri (Pusan National University)
- 김혜리 (부산대학교 경영학)
- Received : 2017.10.16
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
In recent years, the definition of corporate governance is a stakeholder-oriented corporate governance that can meet the needs of sustainability management and corporate social responsibility. The purpose of this study is to empirically analyze the effect of corporate governance on employees and creditors corporate governance on earnings management by using regression analysis. The results show that the corporate governance of employees and creditors plays a role in reducing the simultaneous profit management of discretionary accruals, which is the accrual of asset impairment loss, which is the accrual of negative I could confirm. The results of the empirical analysis show that stakeholder-centered corporate governance can play a role in controlling managers' behavior and market. In addition, the results of this study suggest that the responsibility of stakeholders as corporate governance is important for sustainable management of modern corporations where corporate social responsibility is important.
- M. C. Jensen, and W. H. Meckling, "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure", Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp.305-360, 1976. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-405X(76)90026-X
- R. E. Freeman, "Strategic Management: A Stakeholder Approach", Boston, M.A., Pitman. 1984.
- Jr., E. J. Stendardi, "Corporate philanthropy; The redefinition of enlightened self-interest", Social Science Journal, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp.21-30, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0362-3319(92)90014-9
- J. C. Yoon, W. G. Lee, and D. H. Kim, "A Study on the Effects of Corporate Sustainable Management Activities on Innovation in Convergence era", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp.115-125, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.115
- J. U. Choi, and G. S. Bae. "The Effect of Labor Unions on Earnings", Management. KoreanManagement Review, Vol. 40, No. 6, pp.1549-1575, 2011.
- H. J. Bae, G. Y. Park, and M. T. Kim, "The Impacts of Employee Stock Ownership Plans(ESOPs) on Controlling Agency Costs", Accounting Information Review, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp.33-52, 2010.
- S. H. Lee, "Shareholder Rights and the Role of Large Creditors in Corporate Governance", Korean Joural of Business Administration, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp.2157-2186, 2007.
- B. H. Kim, "Corporate Governance and Firms Credit Ratings: Based on S&P's(2002) Corporate Governance Framework", Accounting Information Review, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp.261-288, 2011.
- K. S. An, and K. Y. Kim, "Relationship of earnings and credit rating before and after IFRS", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp.99-112, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.99
- D. Y. Kim, D. I. Kim, and B. W. Seo, "A Study on Effects of Corporate Governance Information on Credit Financial Ratings", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp.105-113, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.105
- C. L. Chao, and S. M. Horng. "Asset write-offs discretion and accruals management in Taiwan: the role of corporate governance", Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting Vol. 40, pp.41-74, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11156-011-0269-5
- H. Ashbaugh, R. LaFond, and B. W. Mayhew. "Do nonaudit services compromise auditor independence? Further evidence", The Accounting Review, Vol. 78, No. 3, pp.611-639, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2308/accr.2003.78.3.611
- J. A. Elliott, and W. H. Shaw, "Write-offs as accounting procedures to manage perceptions", Journal of Accounting Research, Vol.26, pp.91-119, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2307/2491182
- R. L. Watts, and J. L. Zimmerman, "Positive accounting theory: a ten year perspective", Accounting Review, Vol. 65, No. 1, pp.131-156, 1990.
- J. Francis, J. Hanna, and L. Vincent, "Causes and effects of discretionary asset write-offs", Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 34, pp.117-134, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/2491429
- E. J. Riedl, "An examination of long-lived asset impairments", The Accounting Review, Vol. 79, pp.823-852, 2004. https://doi.org/10.2308/accr.2004.79.3.823
- T. H. Lin, C. C. Lin, Y. Cheng, and W. C. Lee, "Asset impairment and corporate governance: Evidence from the finance industry", Corporate Ownership & Control, Vol. 4, pp.411-419, 2009.
- P. A. Gompers, J. Ishii, and A. Metrick, "Corporate governance and equity prices", The quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 118, No. 1, pp.107-156, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1162/00335530360535162