- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Small and Medium Enterprises' External Technology R&D Information Network Diversity and Green Management Performance
중소기업의 외부 기술 연구개발 정보 네트워크의 다양성과 녹색 경영 성과
- Hau, Yong Sauk (School of Business, Yeungnam University)
- 허용석 (영남대학교 경영대학)
- Received : 2017.10.10
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
As the environmental pollution and the global warming have become more and more serious, the green management has been growing more and more critical to small and medium enterprises. In order to explore factors positively influencing small and medium enterprises' green management performance, this study presents the two major implications through the ordinary least squares regression based on the 2,200 data from the small and medium enterprises in the Republic of Korea. First, small and medium enterprises' external technology R&D information network diversity positively influences their green management performance from technology R&D. Second, small and medium enterprises' production process improvement is a partial mediator between their external technology R&D information network diversity and green management performance from technology R&D.
External Technology R&D Information Network;Green Management;Small and Medium Enterprises;Production Process Improvement;Technology Convergence
- J. W. Nam, "A study on the green management strategy based on the environmental regulation", E-Trade Review, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 107-122, 2010.
- S. Lho, "A study on sustainability and management characteristics of green management firms", Journal of Environmental Policy and Administration, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 81-101, 2013.
- Y. S. Ko and Y. B. Chung Lho, "A study on the effects on the strategic orientation for the green management performance", Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 36, No. 4, pp. 1-8, 2013.
- L. Seo, "A study on the development directions and situation of the green growth policy in Korea", Korean Business Review, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 93-113, 2012.
- J. H. Paik, "A study on green management of petroleum refining and chemical companies applying to assessment 10 indicator of green management", Journal of Climate Change Research, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 101-116, 2012.
- J. H. Kim and H. K. Shin, "Case studies on green management consulting of local SMEs", Journal of Decision Science, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 45-63, 2014.
- S. H. Kim and Y. O. Kim, "The Influences of SME green certification on growth sustainability and equity capital costs", Journal of Environmental Policy, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 1-27, 2016.
- S. J. Yoo "A study on the measures for export promotion of small and medium enterprise in Korea", International Commerce and Information Review, Vol. 12 No. 4, pp. 193-211, 2010. https://doi.org/10.15798/kaici.12.4.201012.193
- M. Lee and S. Lho, "Study on the effectiveness of tax support system on small and medium business", Asia Pacific Journal of Small Business, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 227-245, 2002.
- B. H. Cho, "A study on financial support scheme for SME's factory greening", Journal of SME Finance, pp. 22-58, 2011.
- H. W. Chesbrough, "The era of open innovation", MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 35-41, 2003.
- H. W. Chesbrough "Open Innovation - The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting from Technology", Harvard Business School Press, 2006.
- J. Kim, "Research model of green management and its application to POSCO", Journal of International Trade & Commerce, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 847-862, 2014. https://doi.org/10.16980/jitc.10.2.201404.847
- Y. S. Hau, "An empirical analysis of the influence of external knowledge network on SMEs' new technology development and technology commercialization capabilities in the perspective of open innovation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 149-156, 2016.
- H. Kim and Y. Park, "The effects of open innovation activity on performance of SMEs: The case of Korea", Internal Journal of Technology Management, Vol. 52, No. 3/4, pp. 236-256, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJTM.2010.035975
- P. Wynarczyk, P. Piperopoulos, and M. McAdam, "Open innovation in small and medium-sized enterprises: An overview", International Small Business Journal, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 240-255, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1177/0266242612472214
- M. A. Schilling "Strategic Management of Technological Innovation", McGraw-Hill, 2013.
- K. B. Akhilesh, "R & D Management", Free Press, 2014.
- A. Afuah "Innovation Management", Oxford University Press, 2003.
- P. Trott "Innovation Management and New Product Development", Prentice Hall, 2012.
- Y. S. Hau, "IT SMEs' external information network diversity and product quality improvement in the era of technology convergence: The mediating role of the production process improvement", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 199-204, 2017.
- L. J. Krajewski, L. P. Ritzman and M. K. Malhotra "Operations Management-Process and Supply Chains", Pearson, 2013.
- W. J. Stevenson and S. C. Chuong "Operations Management", McGraw Hill, 2014.
- J. Watson, "Modeling the relationship between networking and firm performance." Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 852-874, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusvent.2006.08.001
- M. E. Sobel, "Asymptotic confidence intervals for indirect effects in structural equation models." Sociological Methodology, Vol. 13, pp. 290-312, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2307/270723
- R. M. Baron, and D. A. Kenny, "The moderatormediator variable distinction in social psychological research : Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 1173-1182, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1243
- D. Sohn, J. Lee, and Y. Kim, "The effects of government support and regulation on SMEs technology innovation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 117-125, 2017.
- J. K. Kim and K. T. Hwang, "A study on the factors affecting technological innovation of innovative IT SMEs ", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp. 201-224, 2016.
- Y. S. Hau, "IT SMEs' product planning capability and manufacturing capability in the context of digital convergence: The mediating impacts of the product exterior and interior design capabilities", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 55-62, 2015.
- D. Y. Lee, S. G. Kim, "Determinants of technology transfer for convergence management strategy of small and medium enterprises", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 83-94, 2016.
- H. S. Lee, Y. B. Lee, S. H. Lee, H. G. Yoon, and S. H. Ahn, "A study on the perception and influence degree of company to the green management: Companies in Dae-gu and Kyoung-buk province", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 10, pp. 85-95, 2012.
- A. Marcus, "The Future of Technology Management and the Business Environment", Pearson, 2016.