- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The effects of brand identity of starbucks coffee speciality store on brand trust of customers, brand attachment, revisit intention, and word of mouth intention
스타벅스 커피전문점의 브랜드 아이덴티티가 고객의 브랜드신뢰도, 브랜드애착, 재방문의사 및 구전의도에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Jeong-Sook (Dept. of Hotel, Tourism & Foodservice Management, Dong-eui University)
- 이정숙 (동의대학교 호텔.관광.외식경영학과)
- Received : 2017.09.28
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the effects of brand identity of coffee specialty stores on customer 's brand trust of customers, brand attachment, revisit intention, and word of mouth intention. A survey was conducted and 342 copies were used in the analysis of the structural equation model. As a result of the study, the brand identity was proved to have a positive effect on brand trust. In addition, brand trust has a positive effect on brand attachment, indicating that it affects affection on the brand depending on the degree of trust on the brand. Brand attachment had a positive influence on revisit intention and positive influence on word of mouth intention. Therefore, the proper construction of brand identity is linked to the acquisition of fixed customers by linking with the intention of repurchase, and it affects the profit generation of brand, so the brand manager can confirm that proper establishment of brand identity and marketing strategy should be set up.
Brand Identity;Brand Trust;Brand Attachment;Revisit Intention;Word-of-mouth Intention;Starbucks
- M. Thomson and D. J. MacInnis and C. W. Park, "The ties that bind: Measuring the strength of consumers' emotional attachments to brands." Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 77-91, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327663jcp1501_10
- Keller, K. L, Building, measuring, and managing brand equity(2nd ed.), New Jersey, NJ: Prentice Hall. 2003.
- Chun Choi, "Analysis of taekwondo department curriculum and taekwondo study trend for disciplinary structure of taekwond." Ph.D. dissertation, The Graduated School of Kyung Hee Universith, 2012.
- A. Geva and A Goldman, "Duality in consumer post-purchase attitude." Journal of Economic Psychology, Vol. 12, No.1, pp. 141-164, 1990.
- Ju-Yeon Kim, "The influence of physical surroundings and human services on the emotional responses and behavioral intentions of customers.." Ph.D. dissertation, The Graduate School of Kyung Hee University, 2007.
- Sang-Won Kim, "The impact of motivations, constraints, negotiation on revisit intention.." Ph.D. dissertation, The Graduate School of Kyonggi University, 2010.
- F. D. Fincham, "Confliction marriage: Implications for working with couples." Annual Review of Psychology, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 47-77, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.50.1.47
- Joon-Ho Jang, "The study on the influence that perceived crowding has on expected service quality and customer's revisit intention : Focused on coffee shops." The Graduate School of Kwang Woon University, 2014.
- R. F. Beltramini, "Professional service referrals: A model of information acquisition". Journal of Service Marketing, Vol. 3, No.1, pp. 35-43, 1989.
- J. N. Sheth and M. Venkatesan, "Risk-reduction processes in repetitive consumer behavior." Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 5. No. 3, pp. 307-310, 1968.
- Heon Seo, "A study on the impact of perceived value by customer's involvement in cawino on satisfaction and revisit intention." Ph.D. dissertation, The Graduated School of Kyung Hee University, 2006.
- Y. Yang and M. J. Cho, "Effect of word of mouth communication on consumer's attitude change." The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 11. No. 3, pp. 7-34, 2000.
- Hyun-Jin Park, "Types on word-of-mouth effect : Focusing on a product attribute information." The Graduate School of Sogang University, 2002.
- B. S. Kim, "Effects of customer satisfaction, peroeived switching costs and regret on repurchasing intention: The case of coffee chains." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 87-98, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.87
- S. S. Choi and Y. J. Kown, "The effects of brand of green color emotion and logo types on the image of starbuks company." Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol. 23, No. 7, pp. 207-224, 2011.
- Eun-Jong Lee, "A study on the effect of the consistency in the brand characteristics, consumer characteristics, and the visual identity characteristics on the brand attachment: Focusing on the coffee shop brand ''starbuks.". Hong Ik University School of Industrial Arts, 2010.
- Woo-Seok Jung, "Customer classification and repurchase prediction based on he statistical model.". The Graduate School of Inje University, 2009.
- A. Wheeler, "Designing brand identity(2nd ed)". John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2006.
- K. L. Keller, "Strategic brand management". Prentice Hal, 1998.
- J. H. Park and J. E. Kim, "The effect of family restaurant brand identity on the purchase intention of consumer." Journal of the Korean Society of Food Culture, Vol, 24, No. 4, pp. 245-255, 2009.
- J. N. Kapferer, The new strategic brand management, Kogan page. 1992.
- S. H. Park, Y. K. Choo, "Effect of Servers' Non Verbal Communication at Franchised Coffee Shops on Brand Image and Brand Trust." Journal of Tourism Research, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 301-317, 2013.
- G. D. Seo and J. E. Lee, "A study on the effect of consumer lifestyle on brand attitude, brand attachment influence upon brand loyalty." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 185-192, 2016.
- C. Arjun & M. B. Holbrook, M. B. "The chain of effects from brand trust and brand affect to brand performance: The role of brand loyalty." Journal of Marketing, Vol. 65, No. 2, pp. 81-93, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.18.104.22.16855
- K. D. Seo and J. E. Lee, "The Relationship among Brand Equity, Corporate personnality, Attachment and Consumer behavior.", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 313-320, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.313
- Hyun-Joo Lee, "The impact of congruence between brand personality and self-image on brand loyalty: the mediating roles of brand identification and brand attachment." The Graduate School of Ewha Womans University, 2005.
- D. G. Choi and Y. B. Park, "The effects of web characteristics on determinants of web brand equity," Asia Marketing Journal, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 123-146, 2002.
- M. Y. Lee, "A study of brand association dimensions affecting newspaper's brand equity." The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 83-113, 2004.
- T. L. Childers and M. J. Houston, "Conditions for a picture-superiority effect on consumer memory." Jurnal of Consumer Research, Vol. 11, No. 9, pp. 643-654, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1086/209001
- S. B. Mac Kenzie and R. J. Lutz, "An empirical examination of the structural antecedents of Aad in a advertising pretesting context." Journal of Marketing, Vol. 53, No. 2 , pp. 48-65, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251413
- M. Sujan and J. R. Bettman, "The effects of brand positioning strategies on consumers' brand and category perceptions: Some insights from schema research" Journal of Marketing Research. Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 454-467, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172765
- J. Meung and K. M. Elliott, "Predictors of relationship quality for luxury restaurants." Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol. 15, pp. 509-515, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2008.02.002
- C. Zehir and A. Sahin and H. Kitapci and M. O.zsahin, "The effect of brand communication and service quality in building brand loyalty through brand trust; The empirical research on global brands." Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 24, pp. 1218-1231, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.09.142
- B. S. Hong and E. J. Lee and Y. J. Chu, "The effect of environmental values of fashion consumers on purchase satisfaction and repurchase intention of Eco-friendly fashion products." Fashion & textile research journal, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 431-438, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2010.12.4.431
- T. H. Choi and J. H. Chon, "The effect of the brand image on customer satisfaction and revisit intention in foodservice industry." Journal of Foodservice Management, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 1229-1838, 2007.
- Ju-Yeon Kim, "Impacts of brand personality through customers' emotion on satisfaction, trust, and loyalty in restaurant industry." Ph.D. dissertation, The Graduate School of Sejong University, 2003.
- A. Chaudhuri and M. B. Holbrook, "The chain of effects from brand trust and brand affect to brand performance: The role of brand loyalty". Journal of Marketing, Vol. 65, No.2, pp. 81-93, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.22.214.171.12455
- Y. C. Ryu and T. G. Kim and G. S. Seo, and J. H. Park and C. S. Suh and S. S. Park and S. S. Hong and G. D. Lee. "Effect of substate on the phase transformation of tiO2 in pearlescent pigment". Journal of Industrial Engineering Chemistry. Vol.14, No.2, pp. 213-218, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2007.11.004
- G. D. Seo and J. E. Lee. "A study on the effect of consummer lifestyle on brand attitude, brand attachment influence upon brand loyalty". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 185-192, 2016.
- J. Y. Jung. "The effect of coffee shop selection attributes on revisit intention: Focused on mediating effect of brand trust". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 9, pp. 289-304, 2013.
- H. Jan and H. Y. Kim and B. S. Kim. "Effects of application attributes of coffee chains on consumer's repurchase decision-making processes". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 137-146, 2017.
- H. K. Shin and H. G. Baek and G. S. An. "Study on the curriculum standards model of green coffee education". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 103-122, 2017.