- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Duty-Free Shopping Attributes and Shopping Satisfaction of Chinese Tourists : Focusing on duty free shops in Busan
중국인 관광객의 면세점 선택속성과 쇼핑 만족도 분석 : 부산지역 면세점을 중심으로
- Hwang, Seong-Jun (Dept. of Business Administration, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Il (Dept. of Business Administration, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2017.10.11
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study is to suggest the measures to measure the shopping satisfaction and to increase the shopping satisfaction. We conducted surveys and conducted empirical analysis on Chinese tourists visiting duty free shops in Busan using direct survey method. The results of this study are as follows. First, factor analysis for subdividing the duty - free choice attribute was analyzed as store attribute, product attribute, and service attribute. Second, based on this analysis, the effect of each attribute on shopping satisfaction showed statistically significant positive results. Third, the analysis of the relative size of the effects of analytic attributes on satisfaction showed that store attributes were the highest. That is, the quality of duty-free shops, services, and products increases overall shopping satisfaction. Therefore, it can be said that the strategy implementation that improves the quality of the attributes affecting the satisfaction is expected to contribute to the improvement of the management performance, and suggests the management implications for the activation of the operation of the duty - free shop. Future studies will be more meaningful if more variety of shopping places are studied.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, "Foreign Tourists Survey 2015", 2016.
- Korea Culture & Tourism Institute, "Qualitative Improvement of Cruise Tourism in Korea", 2015.
- Heung, V. C. S., ＆ Qu. H., "Tourism shopping and financial services", pp. 422-456, The Travel Industry, 1998.
- Hudman, L. E., ＆ Hawkins, D. E., "Tourism in Contemporary Society : an introductory text", p.285, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1989.
- Hyundai Research Institute, "Features and Implications of Tourists Shopping in Korea", 2016.
- Korea Culture & Tourism Institute, "A Study on the Management Plan of Tourism Policy Index", 2015.
- J. W. Kim "The Shopping Experience Values at Department Stores and Their Effects on Brand Asset and the Store Loyalty", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 151-162, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.151
- H. G. Koo, Y. S. Kim, A. R. Choi, S. Wang, "A Study for Satisfaction of Chinese Tourists in Korea", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 117-128, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.5.117
- I. O. Jeon, M. S. Kang, "value of the property on the impact of the Perceived value of accommodation on tourism satisfaction", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 79-94, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.10.079
- R. H. Liu, K. D. Lee, "A Comparative Study on the Tourism Satisfaction Factors between Korean and Chinese in Incheon Chinatown", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 221-227, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2014.12.1.221
- K. H. Yim, J. H. Kwon, "A Study on the Effect of Shopping Value of On-Line Shopping-Mall on Shopping-Mall Satisfaction - Mediating Effect of Price Sensitivity", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 49-55, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.49
- H. S. Ko, J. K. Oh, "A Study on the Choice Attributes for Duty Free Shops among Foreign Tourists in Korea", TOURISM STUDY, Vol. 16, No 2, pp. 113-130, 2001.
- H. K. Sohn, J. S. Kim, "Effects of Choice Attributes of Duty free shops on Satisfaction. Revisit Intention and Recommendation: The Case of Japanese tourists", Journal of International Tourism Research, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 57-78, 2007.
- G. R. Kim, W. J. Yhang, "The Effect of Physical Characteristics and Selective Attributes of Duty Free Shops in Busan on the Customer Satisfaction", Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 87-102, 2008.
- C. W. Kim, T. S. Lee, "Relationship between Attributes of Shopping Tourism and Satisfaction by Shopping Places", Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 323-340, 2010.
- M. J. Hyun, S. W. Shin, H. B. Kim, "The influence of Foreign Visitor's Shopping Motivation and Cognition of Duty Free Shop Preference on Consumer's Satisfaction", Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol. 25, No.1, pp. 63-82, 2013.
- I. H. Sohn, "Select attributions, Revisit and Recommendation of Chinese Tourists Visit Duty Free Shop : Focused on Hotel Duty Free Shop of Chinese Tourist Visit", Northeast Asia Tourism Research, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 17-34, 2015.
- Robert A. Westbrook, and Michael D. reilly, "Value-Percept Disparity: An Alternative to the Dis-confirmation of Expectations", pp. 256-261, Theory of Consumer Research, 1983.
- Spiggle, Sugan and Murphy A, Sewall, "A Choice Sets Mlodel of Retail Selection", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 57, No.4, p. 98, 1987.
- Shim, S. & Kotsiopulos, A., "Patronage of Apparel Shopping Part 1. Shopping Orientations, Store Attributes, Information Sources, and Characteristics.", Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, Vol. 10, No.2, pp. 48-57, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1177/0887302X9201000208
- Roger D. B., Paul W. M. & J. F. Engel., "Consumer Behavior.", pp. 131-142, 9th: South-Western, a division of Thomson Learning, 2001.
- Lee, C.K., Lee, YK. Bernhard, B.J. and Yoon, Y.-s., "segmenting casino gamblers by motivation: a cluster analysis of Korean gamblers.", To Management, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 856-866, 2006.