- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
An Exploratory Study for the Direction and Tasks for Innovating School System in the Intelligent Information Society
지능정보사회에서 학교교육체제 혁신 방향과 과제 탐색을 위한 시론적 연구
- Jang, Deok-Ho (Dept. of Education, Sangmyung Univ.)
- 장덕호 (상명대학교 교육학과)
- Received : 2017.10.01
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study is to explore some directions and alternatives for reforming the school education system, which is one of the core policy agendas of the Korean society that has met the upcoming 4th industrial revolution era and intelligence information society. Korean school education is a supplier-oriented system that does not take into consideration student's individual needs and aptitudes, and maintains uniform educational and learning practices while strengthening the characteristics of factory school model of the early 20th century. Especially, according to the excessive follow-up of the college entrance examination of the people the de-contextualization of knowledge and the instrumentation and learning of the education has been deepened. For the reform of the education system, first, it should transform the curriculum delegation system from the current administrative to teacher-based system. Second, we need to dismantle the bureaucratic corps of teacher that erodes the autonomy of the teacher and should establish the professional teacher system. Third, we should overcome egoism of each curriculum territory and reform the teacher education system. Fourth, it is necessary to overhaul the system of education and administrative bureaucracy as well as to overhaul the system of educational law. Fifth, it is necessary for the school administration to provide more effective communication between learners and teachers.
Supported by : 상명대학교
- T .J. Kang et al., "Strategy for the development of Education in Intelligent Information Society," Korea Educational Development, 2016.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning(MSIP), "Press Release about Comprehensive Plan for Intelligent Information Society," MSIP, 2016.
- World Economic Forum, "The Future of Jobs: Employment, Skills and Workforce Strategy for the Fourth Industrial Revolution," 2016.
- J-S. Hwang, "Paradigms of the Intelligent Society : Analysis and Policy Implications", Informatization Policy, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 3-18, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22693/NIAIP.2016.23.2.003
- C. B. Frey & M. Osborne, "The future of employment: How susceptible are jobs to computerisation?" http://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf. 2013.
- R. Rosen, "Project Classroom: Transforming Our Schools for the Future" The Atlantic, 2011.
- H. Sirkin, M. Zinser, & J. Rose, "The robotics revolution: The next great real in manufacturing" Boston Consulting Group, 2015.
- K. H. Kim, "4th Industrial Revolution and Trend in Technology," Paper Presented in the Future Education Forum, Organized by Korea Education and Research Information Science(KERIS), KERIS, 2016.
- Y. U. Harari, "Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow," Translated by M. J. Kim, Gimm-Young Publishers, Inc, 2017.
- Pressian, "The Author of Sapiens told 80-90% of school education useless", http://www.pressian.com/news/article.html?no=135917, 2016.4.26.
- K. S. Noh, K. G, Kim, & J. B, Byun, "A Study on the Competence Model of Smart Worker," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 215-224. 2011.
- J. Y. Chung, "A Study for Redesigning School Education System for Intelligent Information Society," Journal of Educational Administration, Vol. 34. No. 4, pp. 49-71, 2016.
- D. H. Kim, K. H. Han, D.H. Jang, "Milestone for 2030 Future Society Talent and Core Scientific Competencies," Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science and Creativity, 2016.
- eSchool News, "Five things students say they want from education," http://www.eschoolnews.com/2011/07/28/five-things-students-say-they-want-from-education/3/ 2011.7.28.
- Education Reform Panel, "Plan and Execution for Advancement of Education Reform in Korea," Hansun Foundation, 2007.
- K. Robinson, "Creative schools," Translated by M. N. Chung, 21st Century Books, 2015.
- I-H. Lee, "An Analysis of School Change of A Middle School according to the Free Semester Policy," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 33-42, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.33
- Joongang SUNDAY, 4th Industrial Revolution Era, Without Change of Education, There is No Future," http://news.joins.com/article/21278404 2017.2.19.
- Ministry of Education(MOE), "2017 Practical Qualification Handbook," MOE, 2017.
- P. Sahlberg, "Finnish lessons," Translated by E.J. Lee, Purunsup, 2015.
- Y-H. Hong, Y-W. Im, "An analysis of factors which affect teachers' self-confidence in using technology for mathematics class," Vol. 10, No. 11, pp. 565-577, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.11.565
- K. S. Lee, M. S. Kim. D. K, Kim, "Characteristics of Finnish Teacher Education Program and Its Implication, The Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 217-236, 2012.
- D. Tyack, & L, Cuban, "Tinkering toward Utopia" Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1995.