- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Perception and need of directors, child care teachers, and pre-service teachers on revised child care practicum
보육실습 개정안에 따른 어린이집 원장, 보육교사, 예비보육교사의 인식 및 요구
- Choi, Suk-Ran (Dept. of Child, Seoul women's University) ;
- Seo, Won-Kyung (Seoul women's University Childcare Education center)
- Received : 2017.10.19
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the perception and need for the revised child care practicum (January, 2017) in Korea. The participants were in three groups: 32 directors, 143 child care teachers and 130 pre-service teachers. Questionnaire were used ot collect the data and t-test, x-test and ANOVA were done for analysis. All three groups responded positively for the revised edition (extending the period of practicum from 4 weeks to 6 weeks). And perceived the extending the period is necessary for the quality of child care centers. Directors with the higher level of education perceived the revision clearly than others. Most of teachers perceived the change through teacher retraining program. All groups pointed out for the implementing the revised edition successfully, supporting and cooperative system is in need for three groups.
Childcare center;Childcare practicum;Revision of practicum;Perception;Needs
- M. A. Kim, "Theories and Practices of Early Childhood Teachers : Bottom-up Perspectives." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 107-119, 2017.
- K. M. Yun and B. J. Jeon, "A Comparative Study on the Turnover Intention of Teacher by Child Care Center's Types.", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 25-35, 2015.
- K. N. Shin, "The effects of Workplace Incivility, Burnout and Teacher Efficacy on Job Satisfaction in Nursery Teachers.", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 371-381, 2016.
- H. J. Cho, J. S. Kim and E. H. No, "A Study on the Present Conditions of the Field Practice of Child Care." Korean Journal of Child Education and Care, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 243-276, 2003.
- S. H. Yoon, "The Impact of student Teachers' Characteristics on Ensuing Experience of Child Care Practicum and the Satisfaction with the Practicum."Korean Journal of Child Education and Care, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 41-67, 2009.
- S. M. Lee, "Listening to What Early Childhood Pre-service Teachers Say About Early Childhood Practicum Experience."The journal of Korea Early Childhood Education, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 179-200, 2012.
- H. k. Lee, "Student Teachers' Perceptions on the Teachers'Role in Kindergartens and Daycare Centers." Journal of Young Child Studies, Vol. 14, pp. 41-55, 2011.
- N. R.. Kiim anc K. H. Kwak, "Changes in Pre-Service Early Childhood Teacher's Image and Conflict as Teachers Before and After Practicum."Korean Journal of Child Education and Care, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 277-304, 2013.
- J. W. Kim and H. S Jo, "Changes in Pre-service Early Childhood Teachers' Image as Teachers Before and After Practicum: Focused on in-depth interviews in teacher-self portrait."The journal of Korea Early Childhood Education, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 1-19, 2012.
- E. j. Park, "The Effects of Prospective Child Care Teachers' Aptitude on Child Care and Teaching Practice Stress."Korean Journal of Child Education and Care, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 163-182, 2016.
- S. Y. Kim and W. K. Seo, "Stree and Coping Associated with an Early Childhood Teacher Education Practicum : The Student Teacher's Perspective", Korean Journal of Child Studies, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 135-150, 2010.
- P. Danyluk, "The Role of the Prepracticumin Lessening Student Teacher Stress: Student Teachers' Perceptions of Stress during Practicum.", Action in Teacher Education, Vol. 35, No. 5, pp. 323-334, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/01626620.2013.846148
- P. Y. Shin, "A study on the practicum present tate of the pre-service teachers focus sing on the child-care relation departments."Journal of Early Childhood Education & Educare Welfare, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 57-80, 2010.
- A. K. Park, "A Study on Effects of Practice in Day Care on Student-Teachers' Self-concept and Teachers' Efficacy Beliefs on Play."Journal of Early Childhood Education & Educare Welfare, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 175-193, 2009.
- B. Spodek, B, & O. N. Saracho, "Preparing early childhood teachers. In B. Spodek, & Saracho, (Eds.), Early childhood teacher preparation.", p.23-44, Teachers College Press, 1990.
- M. H. Lee, S. R. Lim, H. S. Jo, E. Y. Yoo and S. Y. Song, "A Study on the Curriculum Development Model for Childcare Support Workforce.", Korea Institute of Child Care & Education, pp. 109-141, 2007.
- V. A. Johnson, M. A. Karen., & D. A. Crosby, "Early Practicum Experiences: Preservice Early Childhood Students' Perceptions and Sense of Efficacy" Early Childhood Education Journal, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 229-236, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10643-016-0771-4
- D. Cheryll, "The role of the cooperating teacher in a school-based teacher education program: Benefits and concerns." Teaching and Teacher Education, Vol. 10, No. 3, 345-353, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0742-051X(95)97314-C
- Y. H. Sim, "The Definition and Improvement Proposal of Childcare Training in the Perspective of the Public Childcare Training Centers."Korean Journal of Child Education and Care, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 17-38, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21213/kjcec.2016.16.2.17
- E. H. Kim, M. H. Suh, M. Y. Sung, and M. H. Min, "Analysis of the Current Condition of Student Childcare Training in Korea:Student Childcare Training Centers, Guidance Teachers, Student Teachers and Student Childcare Training Fees", Family and Environment Research, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp.57-70, 2010.
- J. S. Kim and K. A. Song, "An Analysis of Guidance Contents of Cooperating Teachers in Child Care Practicum.", Korean Journal of Child Education and Care, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 91-107, 2013.
- M. H. Lee, E. J. Kang, E. Y. Kim, G. S. Kim and J. Y. Um, "Childcare Teacher Training Course and Practicum Manual Research.", Ministry of Health & Welfare and Korea Institute of Child Care & Education, p. 206, 2016.
- W. J. Cho and M. R. Shon, "The Analysis of Student Teaching Program for Teachers of Early Childhood Education - Comparison between Korea and the United States" Journal of Young Child Studies, Vol. 8, pp. 181-201, 2013.
- H. J. Young, and Y. E. Kim, "Pre-service Childcare Teachers' Perception Changes of the Childcare Teaching Profession through the Experience of Childcare Practice"Korean Journal of Child Education and Care, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 1-26, 2016.