- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Investigation on Methods to Improve the Reliability of Education Satisfaction Surveys: Focused on the S University Case
교육수요자 만족도조사의 신뢰성 제고방안 탐색: S대학교 사례를 중심으로
- Ahn, Su-Hyun (Dept. of General Education, Semyung University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Jun (Dept. of Information & Communication System, Semyung University)
- Received : 2017.10.19
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
In order for the consumers of education and university to be mutually communicating well, satisfaction surveys with a correct system are essential. This study points out the causes for insincere responses found in the process of education satisfaction surveys while discussing possible methods to elicit sincere responses from the students. As a result of analyzing S University, it was observed that enforced online evaluation methods did have a high response rate but also monotonously insincere responses showed to have a high ration among them. A second study was carried out in order to improve the research method after confirming the reliability of the research. Study results sowed that through a representative sample survey, monotonous response patterns decreased and the data distribution satisfied normal distribution. Moreover, a focus group interview was carried out in order to understand the root causes and possible solutions to the problem. Lastly, this study revealed the need of diversified attempts and research in order to secure reliability in education satisfaction surveys while proposing methods of improvement.
Supported by : 세명대학교
- Kerlinger, F. N., "Foundations of Behavioral Science", New York: Holt, Renehard and Winston, 1973.
- S. I. Chaiy, "Social Science Research Methodology", B&M Books, 2005.
- Sumaedi, S., Bakit, I. G. M. Y., & Metasari, N., "The Effect of Students' Perceived Service Quality and Perceived Price on Student Satisfaction", Management Science and Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 88-97, 2011.
- M. H. Kim, "Validity and Reliability of Lecture Evaluation", Asian Journal of Education, Vol. 6, No. 3. pp. 1-24, 2005.
- I. W. Park, "A Study on Effects of Student Ratings of Their Learning on Consistent Responses in Student Ratings of College Teaching", The Korean Journal of Educational Methodology Studies, Vol. 24, No. 1. pp. 257-281, 2012.
- K. S. Hong, "An Analysis of Students' Response to Course Evaluation", The Journal of Educational Information and Media, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 97-127, 2006.
- K. S. Yang, "A Study on the Students' Consistent Responses to Course Evaluation at Universities", Journal of Educational Evaluation, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 255-278, 2014.
- S. Y. Shin, J. H. Kwon, "A Study on the Improvement of the Reliability of the Course Evaluation: Focused on the Management of Course Evaluation System", Soonchunhyang Journal of Humanities, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 115-145, 2016.
- K. H. Lee, "A Study on Validity and Reliability of Students; Evaluation", Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 87-98, 2010.
- O. S. Ha, M. H. Jung, "A Study on the Improvement of a Student Evaluation Tool Through the Analysis of Response of Student Evaluation", The Journal of Yeolin Education, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 273-294, 2014.
- O. Y. Kwon, Y. T. Park, I. K. Hwang, T. W. Ahn, K. S. Kim, "A Study on the Reliability Improvement for the Course Evaluation System", Journal of Engineering Education Research, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 35-41, 2014. https://doi.org/10.18108/jeer.2014.17.2.35
- W. S. Lee, H. W. Lee, Y. K. Tschong, "A Study on Effects of Course Evaluation Methods on Consistent Responses in Student Ratings of College Teaching", The Korean Journal of Educational Methodology Studies, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 547-561, 2012.
- K. S. Han, S. H. Choi, J. C. Park, "Problems in Mandatory Course Evaluations", Communications for Statistical Applications and Methods, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 35-45, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2011.18.1.035
- Cooper, D. R., & Schindler, P. S., "Business Research Methods", New York: McGraw-Hill Irwin.
- J. W. Choi, D. K. An, "A Study on the Data Analysis of the Written Comments in Lecture Evaluation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp. 101-106, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.11.101
- Shrout, P. E., & Fleiss, J. L., "Intraclass Correlations: Uses in Assessing Rater Reliability", Psychological Bulletin, Vol. 86, No. 2, pp. 420-428, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.86.2.420