- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study about Effects of Emotional Intelligence Program - Meta analysis
정서지능 향상 프로그램에 대한 융합적 연구 -메타분석의 활용
- Kim, Kyung-Hee (Dept. of Early Childhood Education, Dongshin University)
- 김경희 (동신대학교 유아교육학과)
- Received : 2017.10.11
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study was using a meta-analysis to estimate effect size of emotional intelligence program. Using a statistical method, meta-analysis has advantages that prove intervention's amount and direction. Meta-analysis facilitates comprehensive analysis. Through the data collection, 33studies were selected and 92 effect size were calculated as analysis objects. The overall effect size of emotional intelligence program was 0.839. Depend on subordinate scope, the emotional cognition had the largest effect size. Next were the understanding domain, application domain, the regulation domain and the expression domain. Analysis on age of participant, adult group had the largest effect size. Next were the elementary students group and the adolescent group. Based on the findings, implications for future study were discussed.
- O. B. Jung, S. H. Jung, & J. H. Lim, "Emotional Development & Emotional Intelligence", Seoul: hakjisa, 2007.
- Korea Educational Psychology Association, "terminology of Educational Psychology", Seoul: hakjisa, 2002.
- J. Y. Park, "The Effects of Emotional Intelligence Education Program for Improving Emotional Intelligence and Problem Behavior of Children with Mental Retardation", Daegu University, 2008.
- A. R. Damasio, "Descartes' error: Emotion, rationality and the human brain", New York: Grosset/Putnam, 1994.
- J. J. Chong, "The Effects of Emotional Awareness and Expression on Emotional Regulation and Empathy", Korea Society for the Emotional & Behavioral Disorders, 2012.
- W. N.Morris, "A functional analysis of the role of mood in affective systems", CA: Sage, 1992.
- C. Armon-Jones, "The social functions of emotion" The social construction of emotions, pp. 57-82, 1986.
- J. H. Lee, C. N. Son, "Relationship of Avoid Fusion and concentration : Focused on mediative effects of emotion control and thinking control", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.12, pp. 433-440, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.433
- Y. J. Lee, J. S. Lee, & E. S. Shin "The Development and Evaluation of A Program to Increase the Emotional Intelligence of Young Children", Journal of Early Childhood Education, Vol.19, No. 2, pp. 157-187, 1999.
- P. Salovey, & & J. D. Mayer, "Emotional intelligence" Imagination, cognition and personality, Vol.9, No.3, pp.185-211, 1990 https://doi.org/10.2190/DUGG-P24E-52WK-6CDG
- J. S. Mayer, & A. Salovey, "What is emotional intelligence" Emotional Development and Emotional Intelligence: implications for educators, pp. 3-31, 1997.
- D. P. Goleman, "Emotional intelligence" New York: Bantam Books, 1995.
- B. N. Kim, "Development of A Group Counseling Program to Improve Emotional Intelligence of University Students", Korea National University of Education, 2016.
- D Sluyter. & P. Salovey. "Emotional development and emotional intelligence: Implications for educators", 1997.
- E. A. Kang, "Meta-analysis of effects of emotional intelligence improvement program for children and adolescents", Kyungsung University, 2017.
- K. M. Park, "Problem solving and emotion of preschool children", Dongduk Women's University, 1997.
- J. H. Wang, "The Relationship among emotional intelligence, social competence and interpersonal cognitive problem solving of the elementary school chidren, Pusan National University", 2001.
- D. Goleman. "Healing emotions" Boston: Shambhala, 1997.
- M. T. Greenberg. &J. L. Snell, "Brain development and emotional development: The role of teaching in organizing the frontal lobe" Emotional development and emotional intelligence: Educational implications, pp. 93-126, 1997.
- N. Eisenberg, R. Fabes, & S. Losoya, "Emotional responding: Regulation, Social correlates, and Socialization. In Salovey. P, & D. J. Sluyter(Eds.), Emotional Development and emotional intelligence", New York: Basic Books.
- S. Y. Lee, "The Relationships between Teachers' Interaction and Infants' Socio-emotional Behaviors", Sungshin Women's University, 2006.
- K. M. Kwon, "The Effects of Emotional Intelligence Enhancing Program on the Emotional Intelligence and Interpersonal Relationship of the Elementary School Student: Focus on the Lower Emotional Intelligence Score Students", Daegu University, 2005.
- H. J. Yeo "Developing the group counseling Program for an Emotional Intelligence develop of Elementary School Children", Keimyung University, 2001.
- Y. J. Kwak "Developing a model for designing emotional intelligence education programs", Seoul University, 2004.
- E. A. Kang, M. O. Kim, & B. E. Lee, "The Effect of Emotional Expression Based Anger-Control Program on the Anger and Interpersonal Relationship of Male Adolescent of Divorced Families", The Journal of Yeolin Education, Vol. 23, No.1, pp. 215-234, 2015.
- N. H. Seo, "Effects of Group Art Therapy on Improvement of Emotional Intelligence of Children from Poor Families", Seoul Women's University, 2010.
- H. N. Lee, "The Effect of the Folding Paper Play on the Emotion Development of the Children", Ewha Womans University, 2009.
- K. H. Kim, "Meta-Analysis on the Effect of School Violence Intervention Program", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.10, pp. 33-43, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.10.33
- S. D. Hwang. "Meta-Analysis". Seoul: hakjisa. 2014.
- R. L. Han, "A Meta-Analysis on the Effects of the Preschool Children's Emotional Intelligence Program", Chonbuk National University, 2013.
- J. M. Kidd, "Emotion: An absent presence in career decision making", Career Development Quarterly, Vol.46, pp. 210-229, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-0045.1998.tb00697.x
- J. U. Kim, & S. S. Park, "The Effect of The Career Barriers Exploration Counseling Program on the Perceived Career Barriers and the Career Preparation Behavior of Women's College Students" Korean Society for the Study of Vocational Education, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 209-230, 2010.
- Y. L. Moon, Y. J. Kwak, & K. J. Lee, "Current status of research on emotional intelligence in Korea", Seoul: Seoul University, 1998.
- S. M. Lee, K. J. Cho, & H. R. Kim, "The Effect of Emotional Intelligence on Interpersonal Relationships and the Life Satisfaction of University Students", The Korean Journal of Human Development, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 159-177, 2009.
- N. S. Schutte, J. M. Malouff, C. Bobik, T. D. Coston, C. Greenson, C. Jedicka, E. Rhodes, & G. Wendorf, "Emotional Intelligence and Interpersonal Relations", The Journal of Social Psychology, Vol.141, No.4, pp. 534-536, 2001.
- S. R. Shim, I. S. Shin, & J. M. Bae, "Brief Communication : Intervention Meta-Analysis Using STATA Software", Journal of The Korea Socity of Health Informatics and Statistics, Vol. 41, No.1, pp.123-134, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21032/jhis.2016.41.1.123
- C. B. Begg, &M. Mazumdar, "Operating characteristics of a rank correlation test for publication bias" Biometrics, Vol.50, pp.1088-1101, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/2533446
- Y. R. Cho, S. S. Noh, K, H, Jo, & S. H. Hong, "The Effect of Mindfulness-Based Intervention on Depression and Anxiety Symptoms: A Meta-Analysis", Vol.33, No.4, pp.903-931, 2014.
- Higgins, J. P., & Green, S. (Eds.). "Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions (Vol. 5)" Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell, 2008.