- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Designing Practical Strategies Implementing Informatization in North Korea Region for Unification Era: The Resolution of Information Devide Approach
통일시대 북한지역의 정보화 추진 실행 전략 설계: 정보격차해소 관점으로
- Park, Jongpil (Kyungnam University)
- 박종필 (경남대학교 경영정보학과)
- Received : 2017.07.31
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
Obviously, "informatization" is one of the most effective means for improving national competitiveness. In particular, South Korea is a representative successful case implementing informatization in the world. On the contrary, North Kora does not because of serious information devide matter. Given the assumption that information devide is caused by three aspects: the access to information devices or database(information accessibility); the ability to utilize information resources(information mobilization); and the ability to differentiate the quality of information(information consciousness). Based upon three aspects of information devide, we design practical strategies to implement informatization for North Korea region. The purpose of this study is to investigate how to successfully build in informatization of North Korea region for unification era. Drawing on the analysis of successful cases of South Korea, we suggest the valuable guidelines and directions toward success of building informatization of North Korea region. Therefore, this study provides government with specific and practical success strategies for unification era.
- M. C. Kim, J. K. Kim "Digital Divide: Conceptual and Practical Implications, Sociology of Korea." Vol. 36, No. 4, pp.123-155, 2002.
- S. W. Nam, "Strategies for the Development of IT Industry in North Korea" Hanul Publishing Group 2002.
- C. S. Mon, H. S. Yang, "A Study on the Resolution of Digital Divide between South Korea and North Korea." Korean Association of Information Education, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp.477-484, 2008.
- M. W. Park, "A Study on Digital Divide between South and North Korea." Local Informatization, Vol, 47, No. 4, No. pp.36-43, 2007.
- M. W. Park, "A Study on the Informatization of the DPRK : Focusing on the Digital Divide problems." Dissertation of Kyungnam University, 2009.
- M. W. Park, "A Study on the Digital Divide Problems between North and South Korea based on the survey of North Korean Refugee." The journal of peace studies, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp.227-258, 2011.
- H. J. Song, "Historical Interpretation of Informatization Policy and Its Future Issues." Journal of Korean Association for Regional Information Society, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp.1-15, 2008.
- Ministry of Information and Communication, "Cyber korea 21", 1999.
- Ministry of Information and Communicatio, "e-Korea Vision 2006", 2002.
- Ministry of Information and Communication, "Informatization Strategy of South Korea, 2003.
- Ministry of Information and Communication, "Building e-Governance of South Korea", 2003.
- KISDI, "Direction for 21th Century Effective Informatization of South Korea", 1997.
- KISDI, "Historical Records of ICT Development of South Korea (1980s-2000s)", 2001.
- NIA, "Trends in the Surveys of the Living Conditions of North Korean Defectors," NIA, 2010.
- Castells, Manuel, "Internet Galaxy: Reflections on the Internet", Business and Society, Oxford University press, 2001.
- Foster, P. S. "The Digital Divide: Some Reflections", The International Information and Library Review. Vol. 32, No. 3/4, pp. 437-451 2000. https://doi.org/10.1006/iilr.2000.0136
- ITU UNCTAD, "World Information Society Report 2007: Beyond the WSIS(World Summit on the Information Society)", 2007.
- NTIA, "Falling Through the Net: A Survey of the Have Nots in Rural and Urban America.", 1995.
- OECD, "Understanding the Digital Divide.", 2001.
- OECD, "e-Government for Better Government", OECD e-Government Studies, 2005.
- S. Choi, "Study on ICT standardization unify North and South Korea - North Korea open Internet induction plan" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.4, pp.79-88, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.79
- S. Y. Lee, S. I. Kim, "Proceeding Strategies for Establishing of the DMZ World Peace Park for the Laying of the Foundation for Unification" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.4, pp.9-24, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.9
- M. S. Kim, "A Psychological Consideration for Psychological Unification of North and South Korea" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.1, pp.555-562, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.555
- S. Choi, "Study on the Contrast the two Koreas unified information and communication technology (ICT) standards for Policy Studies" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.9, No.6, pp.113-123, 2011.
- J. E. Han, K. Nah, "A Study on the Enhancement of Social Adaptation of North Korean Defectors" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.15, No.2, pp.27-33, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.27
- S. P. Lee, H. J. Kouh, "Building of Group Program for Female Saeteomin's Early Settlement" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.1, pp.325-331, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2014.12.1.325