- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The relationships between sexual knowledge or sexual attitudes and reproductive health promotion behavior of undergraduate students
대학생의 성지식 및 성태도와 생식건강 증진 행위 간의 관계
- Koo, Sang-Mee (Dept. of Nursing, U1 University) ;
- Kim, Hyoung-Jai (Dept. of Early Childhood Education, U1 University)
- Received : 2017.09.07
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between sexual knowledge or sexual attitudes and reproductive health promotion behaviors of undergraduate students, and to analyze the effects of sexual knowledge on reproductive health promotion behaviors. The research method was a descriptive research study. The subjects were 357 university students with 4 year university students. The research tools used structured questionnaires to measure sexual knowledge, sexual attitudes, and reproductive health promoting behaviors. As a result of the research, first, sexual knowledge of students showed a significant positive correlation with reproductive health promotion behaviors, and there was no relationship between sexual behavior and reproductive health promotion behaviors. Second, sexual knowledge of students had a significant effect on reproductive health promoting behaviors and explained 12.0%. In conclusion, it is suggested that the systematic and practical education program should be developed and applied through university curriculum in order to improve the practice of reproductive health promotion behavior of undergraduate students.
Reproductive health promotion behavior;Sexual knowledge;Sexual attitude;Undergraduate students;Sexual experience
- S. H. An, I. S. Park, J. S. Han, T. I. Kim. M. S. Kwak, H. S. Chung, "Health Behaviors, Reproductive Health History, and Sexual Behaviors of College Students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 205-212, 2008.
- L. B. Finer, S. K. Henshaw, "Disparities in rates of unintended pregnancy in the United States, 1994 and 2001", Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp.90-96, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1363/3809006
- World Health Organization, "Reproductive Health", Retrieved December 1, 2013, http://www.sho.int/topics/reproductive_health/en/
- M. S. Kim, Y. S. Eo, "A study on reproductive health promoting behavior among male and female undergraduate students of one university", Journal of East-West Nursing Research. Vol. 21, No. 2, pp.140-147, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2015.21.2.140
- E, K. Yoo, M. H. Kim., S. A. Kim , S. A. Park, H. S. Shin, S. H. An et al. "Maternity and Women's Health care. 8th Eds.", Seoul: Hyunmoon, 2005.
- H. Kennedy, M. Griffin, Freshman, G. "Enabling conception and pregnancy", Journal of Midwifery. Vol. 43, No. 3, pp.190-207, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0091-2182(98)00007-X
- K. R. Shin, H. J Park, K. E. Bae, C. Y. Cha, Sexual behavior, health risk behaviors related to reproductive health, and sexual experiences among Korean college students, Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. Vol. 22, No. 6, pp.624-633, 2010.
- G. S. Jeon, H. Y. Lee, S. J. Lee, "Sexual knowledge, attitudes and behaviors of Korea college students and effects of sexual education on sexual knowledge and attitudes", Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion. Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 45-68, 2004.
- H. Y. Kang, "A study on the characteristics of sexual knowledge, attitudes, behaviors and variables forecasting sexual intercourse of university students", Master's thesis, Sungkonghoe University, p.25, 2007.
- Y. S. Kang, H. N. Hwang, "A study on sexual knowledge, sexual attitudes, and reproductive health promoting behaviors in male and female college students", Journal of East-West Nursing Research. Vol. 23, No. 1, pp.9-17, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2017.23.1.9
- J. H. Kim, K. S. Kim, "The effects of college students' sexual knowledge and sexual attitudes on their sexual behavior", Korean Journal of Family Welfare. Vol. 13, No. 1, pp.123-138, 2008.
- H. S. Lee, B. H. Jeong, Y. H. Lee, W. S. Sung, J. O. Ha, G. Y. Lee, M. K. Lee, S. H. Song, "A study on the level of sex education, sexual knowledge, sexual attitude and sexual allowance among high school students", Journal of Education and Culture. Vol. 21, No. 3, pp.231-252, 2015. https://doi.org/10.24159/joec.2015.21.3.231
- N. H. Kim, Y. J. Park, H. S. Jeong, "Relationship among sexual knowledge, attitude and sexual behavior that university students perceived", Journal of Psychology and Behavior, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp.17-42, 2015.
- G. H. Woo, "Sexual knowledge, attitude and sexual behavior of university students", Mater's thesis. Gongju University, p.25, 2010.
- I. M. Hwang, "A study of Korean students' sexual knowledge, self- regulation, attitude, and their perception of unwed pregnancy.", Mater's thesis. Eulji University, p.62, 2009.
- S. M. Ho, "Sexual Knowledge, Attitude and Sexual Behavior of the University Students", Mater's thesis. Hanyang University, p.27, 2009.
- C. F. Miller, H. M. Trautner, D. N. Ruble, "The role of gender stereotypes children's preferences and behavior, 2006.
- K. J. Lee, E. Lee, Y. S. Park, "Comparison on influence factors on consciousness of biomedical ethics in nursing students and general students."Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 14, No. 12, pp.377-388, 2016.
- H. Y. Jo, Y. H. Kim, H. M. Son, Development of a scale to measure reproductive health promoting behavior of undergraduates. Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion. Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 29-43, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14367/kjhep.2014.31.5.29
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang, and A. Buchner, G* Power 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior Research methods. Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 175-191, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- S. M. Park, J. Y. Kim, S. H. Ko, "The sexual knowledge, sextual attitude and sexual bejavior of psychiatric patients." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 15, No. 9, pp.261-271, 2017.
- Y. J. Park, M. J. Sim, H. J. Kim, N. M. Jeon, H. W. Kim, E. S. Lee et al., Maternity and Women's Health Nursing. (4th Eds.). pp. 438-439, Hyunmoon. 2017.
- K. R. Shin, H. J Park, J. M. Hong, "Effects of an educational program about reproductive health promotion on sexual knowledge and attitudes of university students from Korea", Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. Vol. 22, No. 4, pp.448-456, 2010.
- Y. K. Yang, "A study on knowledge, attitudes, and need for sex education in high school students.", Korean Journal of Women Nursing. Vol. 18, No. 3, pp.159-169, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2012.18.3.159
- M. S. Park, "A comparative analysis of knowledge, attitude, and experience toward sex and needs about sex education between high school students", Mater's thesis. Inje University, p.7, 2001.
- Y. H. Ju, E. S. Jeong, M. S. Shim, "The relationship of college students' value on marriage, children and sexual attitude." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 11, No. 9, pp.267-278, 2013.