- Volume 26 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Several Heat Stress Indices for the 2016 Heat Wave in Daegu
대구의 2016년 폭염시기 열 스트레스 지표의 비교
- Kim, Ji-Hye (Department of Global Environment, Keimyung University) ;
- Kim, Hae-Dong (Department of Global Environment, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2017.09.21
- Accepted : 2017.11.06
- Published : 2017.12.31
We compared the spatial distribution of several heat stress indices (the Wet-Bulb Globe Temperature(WBGT) index, Environmental Stress Index (ESI), and Modified Discomfort Index(MDI)) for the heat wave of June 6~August 26, 2016, in Daegu. We calculated the heat stress indices using data from the high density urban climate observation network in Daegu. The observation system was established in February. 2013. We used data from a total of 38 air temperature observation points (23 thermometers and 18 automatic weather stations). The values of the heat stress indices indicated that the danger level was very high from 0900-2000h in downtown Daegu. The daily maximum value of the WBGT was greater than or equal to
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Hujibe, H., 2012, Climate change and abnormal weather of urban area, Asakusa Press, Tokyo, 97-109.
- Kai, K., 2012, Two warming phenomenon Global warming and urban heat Island -, Seizando Press, 2-18.
- Kim, H. D., Kim, J. B., Kim, H. Y., Bae, H. K., 2012, Energy and climate change, Keimyung University Press, Daegu. 231-246.
- Kim, H. D., Kim, J. H., 2017, Spatial distribution of thermal environment during the heat wave stage of 2016 in Daegu, Proc. Kor. Earth Sci. Soc. 38(1), 105. https://doi.org/10.5467/JKESS.2017.38.2.105
- Kim, S. D., Cho, C. B., Kim, H. D., 2014, Investigation of urban high temperature phenomenon in summer using the high density ground monitoring system in Daegu Metropolitan area, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 23, 1619-1626. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.9.1619
- Korea Meteorological Administration, 2017, Midterm Report on the Model Project of Impact Predictions performed by the Local Meteorological Administrations, 81-155.
- Mikami, T., 2005, Abnormal weather in Tokyo, Yousensha Mook Press, Tokyo, Japan, 24-41.
- Obayashi, T., 2015, On the summer heat stress indices. Proc. Japan Meteor. Soc. 107(1), 230.
- Park, M. H., Jung, W. S., Kim, H. D., 2011, A Study on urban environmental climate mapping method for sustainable urban planning in Daegu, J. Environ. Sci., 20, 465-482.
- Parsons, K., 2006, Heat stress standard ISO 7243 and its global application, Industrial Health, 44, 368-379. https://doi.org/10.2486/indhealth.44.368
- Yaglou, C. P., Minard, D., 1957, Control of heat casualties at military training centers, Arch. Ind. Health, 16, 302-316.
- Japan Meteorological Agency, 2012, Abnormal Weather Report, 12-20.