- Volume 26 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Calculation of the Areal Reduction Factor of Hancheon River Basin based on Considering the Rainfall Characteristics in Jeju Island
제주도의 강우특성을 고려한 한천유역의 면적감소계수 산정연구
- Kang, Myung-Soo (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Yang, Sung-Kee (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Kim, Young-seok (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Kang, Bo-Seong (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Yang, Se-Chang (Jeju Special Self-Governing Provincial Council)
- 강명수 (제주대학교 토목해양공학과) ;
- 양성기 (제주대학교 토목해양공학과) ;
- 김용석 (제주대학교 토목해양공학과) ;
- 강보성 (제주대학교 토목해양공학과) ;
- 양세창 (제주특별자치도의회)
- Received : 2017.12.04
- Accepted : 2017.12.14
- Published : 2017.12.31
In this study, we calculated the fixed-type Areal Reduction Factor (ARF) of the Hancheon River basin in Jeju Island, and compared the calculated ARF and the ARF of the four major river basins suggested by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. As a result, the maximum fluctuation ratios of ARF for the four major river basins calculated using area, frequency, and initial duration time were significant: 7.61% for the Hangang River basin; 12.69% for the Nakdonggang River basin; 8.09% for the Kumgang River basin; and 17.98% for the Yeongsangang River basin. In addition, the differences between the maximum and minimum value of ARF for the Hancheon River basin based on 48 hours was 2.13%, and it was smaller than the one for the four major river basins: 8.92% for the Hangang River basin; 11.41% for the Nakdonggang River basin; 8.87% for the Kumgang River basin; and 17.17% for the Yeongsangang River basin. The Yeongsangang River basin had the highest difference.
Areal Reduction Factor;Hancheon river basin;Four major river basin
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Ahn, J. H., Kim, T. W., Yoo, C. S., Yoon, Y. N., 2000, Analysis of the changes in rainfall quantile according to the increase of data period, J. KWRA, 33(5), 569-580.
- Asquith, W. H., Famiglietti, J. S., 2000, Precipitation areal-reduction factor estimation using an annual-maxima centered approch, Journal of Hydrology, 230, 55-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-1694(00)00170-0
- Hershfield, 1961, Rainfall-frequency atlas of the United States for durations from 30 minutes to 24 hours and return periods from 1 to 100 years, Tech. Paper 40, U. S. Department of Commerce, Weather Bureau, Washington, D. C.
- Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, 2014, Plans for the Reduction of Damage from Storm and Flood in Jeju Island.
- Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, 2007, Report for Damage from Storm and Flood in Jeju Island.
- Jeong, J. H., La, C. J., Yoon, Y. N., 2002, The estimation of Areal Reduction Factor(ARF) in Han-River Basin, J. KWRA, 35(2), 173-186.
- Kim, K. H., Park, S. S., Park, J. H., 2001, "Areal reduction factor rstimation for the design rainfall", J. KSCE, 21(4-B), 381-391.
- Lee, D. J., Hyun, S. H., Kang, B. S., 2015, Comparative study of the storm centered areal reduction factors by storm types, J. KSCE, 35(6), 1219-1228. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2015.35.6.1219
- Lee, J. H., Kim, D. G., Koh, W. J., Lee, Y. Y., 2006, Estimatiom of areal reduction factors for the Youngsan river basin, J. KWRA, 39(10), 813-822.
- Ministry of Construction, 1988, Estimation of provability rainfall in south Korea, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, 2008, Guideline of flood control plan in basin and fundamental planning report for river works, Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Korea (in Korean).
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, 2012, Guideline of design flood estimation, Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Korea (in Korean).
- Omolayo, A. S., 1993, "On the transposition of areal reduction factors for rainfall frequency estimation", Journal of Hydrology, 145, 191-205. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1694(93)90227-Z
- Osborn, H. B., Lane, L. J., Myers, V. A., 1979, "Rainfall/watershed relationships for southeastern thunderstorm", Submitted to Trasactions, American Society Agricultural Engineers.
- Yang, S. C., Yang, S. K., Lee, J. H., Jung, W. Y., Ko, K. H., 2015, "Flood discharge analysis on land use changes in Han stream, Jeju island", J. Environ. SCI, 24(4), 425-435.