- Volume 26 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Temperature Reduction Effect of Street Green Area
도로변 가로녹지 유형이 기상에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Jeong-Ho (Department of Green Technology Convergence, Konkuk University) ;
- Choi, Won-Jun (Department of Green Technology Convergence, Graduate School, Konkuk University) ;
- Yoon, Yong-Han (Department of Green Technology Convergence, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2017.10.17
- Accepted : 2017.12.22
- Published : 2017.12.31
Global climate change caused by industrialization has caused abnormal weather conditions such as urban temperatures and tropical nights, urban heat waves, heat waves, and heavy rains. Therefore, the study tried to analyze climate conditions and weather conditions in the streets and analyze climate factors and meteorological factors that lead to inconvenience to citizens. In the case of trees, the overall temperature, surface temperature, solar irradiance, and net radiation were measured low, and the temperature was lower in the Pedestrian road than in roads. The dry bulb temperature, the black bulb temperature, and the wet bulb temperature for the thermal evaluation showed the same tendency. In the case of thermal evaluation, there was a similar tendency to temperature in WBGT, MRT, and UTCI, and varied differences between types. Although the correlation between the meteorological environment and the thermal environment showed a statistically significant significance, the difference between the measured items was not significant. The study found that the trees were generally pleasant to weather and thermal climate in the form of trees, and the differences were mostly documented.
Thermal comfort;Street temperature;WBGT;MRT;PMV;PPD;UTCI
Supported by : 건국대학교
- Armson, D., Stringer, P., Ennos, A. R., 2012, The effect of tree shade and grass on surface and globe temperatures in an urban area, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 11, 245-255. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2012.05.002
- Chapman, L., John, E. T., 2005, The influence of traffic on road surface temperatures: implications for thermal mapping studies, Meteorological Applications, 12(4), 371-380. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1350482705001957
- Choi, W. J., 2016, Influences of thermal diffusion on roadside green upon road conditions, College of Natural Science Konkuk University, Korea
- Eliasson, I., 1996, Urban nocturnal temperatures, street geometry and land use, Atmospheric Environment, 30(3), 379-392. https://doi.org/10.1016/1352-2310(95)00033-X
- Her, J. H., 2013, Reduction of the urban temperature using the pavement material lowering the heat island effect, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Korea
- Hong, C. W., 2013, Properties of temperature reduction of cooling asphalt pavements using high -reflectivity paints, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 33(1), 317-327. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.1.317
- Jo, S. N., Kim, S. H., Kim, S. J., Jung, S. H., Lee, Y. H., Na, W. W., Jang, J. Y., Song, K. J., 2012, Characteristics of summer heatwave victims of emergency department visits in Korea during 2011 -Results from the surveillance system of heatrelated illness based on emergency department-, The Korea Society of Emergency Medicine, 23(5), 687-695.
- Jung, C. K., 2009, A Study on three-dimensional greenery Network model for the expansion of ecological streetscape, Department of Architecture Engineering, The Graduate School, Pukyong National University, Korea
- Jung, H. E., Han, B. H., Kwak, J. I., 2015, A Study on air temperature reduction effect and the functional improvement of street green areas in Seoul, Korea, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 43(4), 37-49. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2015.43.4.037
- Kim, S. R., Jung, E. H., Kim, H. D., 2013, Evaluation on the effect of air quality improvement due to the employment of clean-road system in Daegu, Journal of Environmental Science International, 23(12), 2029-2034.
- Kim, J. H., Choi, W. J., Yoon, Y. H., 2016, A Study on verifying the effect of thermal environment control of street canyons based on application of green wall system, Journal of Environmental Science International, 25(1), 41-56 https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2016.25.1.41
- Kye, M. J., 2013, Comparison of mortality from heatwave before and after implementing the heatwave warning system, department of public health, Biostatistics, The Graduate School of Public Health Seoul National University, Korea
- Lee, S. O., 2010, A Study to mitigate urban heat island according to the improvements of pavement of road, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Keimyung University Department of Environmental Science Graduate School, Korea
- Lee, Y. W., Yang, I. C., Kim, D. G., Lim, J. H., 2013, A Study on the factors affecting air temperature on roadside : Focusing on road conditions and traffic characteristics, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 33(4), 1619-1629. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.4.1619
- Park, S. G., Kim, S. D., Lee, H. K., 2005, Development of empirical model for the air pollutant dispersion in urban street canyons using wind tunnel test, Environmental Engineering Research, 27(8), 852-858.
- Park, S. H., 2014, A Study on the development and application of the outdoor health indicators of green building certification criteria in school facilities, Konkuk University Graduate school, Korea
- Park, S. J., Jung, S. Y., Yoon, S. H., 2009, Evaluation of the outdoor radiant thermal environment by building scale and block type of office building in summer, Korea Solar Energy Society, 29(6), 81-87.
- Yang, C. H., Park, M. S., Yoon, D. G., 2011, A Road surface temperature prediction modeling for road weather information system, Korean Society of Road Engineers, 28(2): 123-131.
- Yoon, Y. H., 2002, lnfluencing degree to the air temperature of stratification in the urban green spaceq, Korea Turfgrass Science, 16(2): 107-114.
- Yoon, Y. H., Kim, J. H., 2017, Effect of thermal diffusion on autumn traffic in street space, Journal of Environmental Science International, 26(4), 467-481. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2017.26.4.467
- Yoon, Y. H., Park, S. H., Kim, W. T., Kim, J. H., 2014, Analyses on comparison of UTCI, PMV, WBGT between playground and green space in school, Korean J. Environ. Ecol, 28(1), 80-89. https://doi.org/10.13047/KJEE.2014.28.1.80
- Yoon, Y. H., 2001, Effect between radiation difference and air temperature condition surround green space, Journal of the Korean Institute of Traditional Landscape Architecture, 3(37), 72-80.