- Volume 26 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Anti-allergic Activity of the Extracts from Houttuynia cordata Thunb Fermented by Lactic Acid Bacteria
어성초(Houttuynia cordata Thunb) 유산균 발효물의 항알러지 활성
- Lee, Young-Guen (Department of Food Science and Technology, Department of Food Science and Technology, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Min (Department of Food Science and Technology, Department of Food Science and Technology, Pusan National University) ;
- Jeong, Hae-Jin (Department of Food Science and Technology, Department of Food Science and Technology, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Bo kyung (Molecular Inflammation Research Center for Aging Intervention (MIRCA) and College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Sung-Eun (Life Ingredient & Material Research Institute, CJ Cheil Jedang) ;
- Im, Dong-Soon (Molecular Inflammation Research Center for Aging Intervention (MIRCA) and College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Han-Soo (Department of Food Science and Technology, Department of Food Science and Technology, Pusan National University)
- 이영근 (부산대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 김용민 (부산대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 정해진 (부산대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 이보경 (부산대학교 약학대학 MIRCA) ;
- 이승은 (CJ제일제당 소재연구소) ;
- 임동순 (부산대학교 약학대학 MIRCA) ;
- 김한수 (부산대학교 식품공학과)
- Received : 2017.09.11
- Accepted : 2017.12.12
- Published : 2017.12.31
This study was performed to evaluate the possibility of application of lactic acid bacteria fermentation to increase the anti-allergic activity of the extracts from Houttuynia cordata Thunb. H. cordata Thunb was fermented on 25, 30, 35 and
Anti-allergic activity;Fermentation;Houttuynia cordata Thunb;Lactobacillus sakei;Leuconostoc mesenteroides
Supported by : 부산대학교
- Bae, E. A., Han, M. J., Kim, E. J., Kim, D. H., 2004, Transformation of ginseng saponins to ginsenoside Rh2 by acids and human intestinal bacteria and biological activities of their transformations, Arch. Pharm. Res., 27, 61-67. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02980048
- Cha, J. Y., Jeon, B. S., Park, J. W., Moon, J. C., Cho, Y. S., 2004, Effect of fermented compositions containing Inonotus obliquus with Houttuynia cordata on growth of human AGS gastric and HCT-15 colon cancer cells, J. Kor. Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem., 47, 202-207.
- Choi, O. B., 2002, Anti-allergic effects of Petasites japonicum, Kor. J. Food & Nutr., 15, 382-385.
- Chun, E. Y., 1997, Partial purification of Houttuynia cordata Thunb extract and characterization of its immunological activities in human, MS Thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Dearman, R. J., Skinner, R. A., Deakin, N., Shaw, D., Kimber, I., 2005, Evaluation of an in vitro method for the measurement of specific IgE antibody responses; the Rat Basophilic Leukemia (RBL) cell assay, Toxicology, 206, 195-205. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tox.2004.08.007
- Fujiki, H., Suganuma, M., Okabe, S., Komori, A., Sueoka, E., Sueoka, N., Kozu, T., Sakai, Y., 1996, Japanese green tea as a cancer preventive in humans, Nutr. Rev., 54, 67-70.
- Higuchi, M., Higashi, N., Taki, H., Osawa, T., 1990, Cytolytic mechanism of activated macrophages, Tumer necrosis factor and L-arginine-dependent mechanism act synergistically as the major cytolytic mechanism of activated macrophages, J. Immunol., 144, 1425-1431.
- Jew, S. S., Bae, O. N., Chung, J. H., 2003, Anti-inflammatory effects of asiaticoside on inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 in RAW 264.7 cell line, J. Toxicol. Pub. Health, 19, 33-37.
- Kemal, C., Louis-Flamberg, P., Krupinski-Olsen, R., Shorter, A. L., 1987, Reductive inactivation of soybean lipoxygenase 1 by catechols: a possible mechanism for regulation of lipoxygenase activity, Biochemistry, 26, 7064-7072. https://doi.org/10.1021/bi00396a031
- Kim, K. B., Lee, E. G., Chai, O. H., Song, C. H., Jeong, J. M., 2007, Inhibitory effects of Phyto-Extract Mixture (PEM381) on type allergic reaction, J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr., 36, 155-162. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.2.155
- Kim, K. M., 1966, Screening of anti-allergic agents using lipoxygenase assay and degranulation marker, J. Drug Research C.N.U., 5, 45-48.
- Lee, S. H., Shin, Y. W., Bae, E. A., Lee, B., Min, S. W., Baek, N. I., Chung, H. G., Kim, N. J., Kim, D. H., 2006, Lactic acid bacteria increase antiallergic effect of Artemisia princeps Pampanini SS-1, Arch. Pharm. Res., 29, 752-756. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02974075
- Samuelsson, B., 1983, Lekotrienes, mediators of immediate hypersensitivity reactions and inflammation, Science, 228, 568-575.
- Sekiya, K., Okuda, H., Arichi, S., 1982, Selective inhibition of platelet lipoxygenase by esculetin, Biochim. Biophys. Acta., 713, 68-72. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-2760(82)90167-9
- Song, J. H., Kim, M. J., Kwon, H. D., Park, I. H., 2003, Antimicrobial activity of fractional extracts from Houttuynia cordata root, J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr., 32, 1053-1058. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.7.1053
- Tinker, A. C., Wallace, A. V., 2006, Selective inhibitors of inducible nitric oxide synthase: potential agents for the treatment of inflammatory diseases, Curr. Top. Med. Chem., 6, 77-92. https://doi.org/10.2174/156802606775270297
- Yoo, K. H., Jeong, J. M., 2009, Antioxidative and antiallergic effect of persimmon leaf extracts, J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr., 38, 1691-1698. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.12.1691