- Volume 26 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Identification Factor Development of Particulate Matters Emitted from Coal-fired Power Plant by FE-SEM/EDX Analysis
FE-SEM/EDX 분석법을 이용한 석탄화력발전소에서 배출되는 입자상물질의 확인자 개발
- Park, Jeong-Ho (Department of Environmental Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology)
- 박정호 (경남과학기술대학교 환경공학과)
- Received : 2017.10.14
- Accepted : 2017.11.27
- Published : 2017.12.31
Coal-fired power plants emit various Particulate Matter(PM) at coal storage pile and ash landfill as well as the stack, and affect the surrounding environment. Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy and Energy Dispersive X-ray analyzer(FE-SEM/EDX) were used to develop identification factor and the physico-chemical analysis of PM emitted from a power plant. In this study, three samples of pulverized coal, bottom ash, and fly ash were analyzed. The pulverized coal was spherical particles in shape and the chemical composition of C-O-Si-Al and C/Si and C/Al ratios were 200~300 on average. The bottom ash was spherical or non-spherical particles in shape, chemical composition was O-C-Si-Al-Fe-Ca and C/Si and C/Al ratios were
Coal-fired power plant;FE-SEM/EDX analysis;Identification factor
Supported by : 경남과학기술대학교
- Choi, Y. A., Lee, T. J., Kim, D. S., 2007, Development of source profiles for asbestos and non-asbestos fibers by SEM/EDX, J. KOSAE, 23(6), 718-726. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2007.23.6.718
- Chun, S. K., Yi, S. C., Park, K., 2003, The study on the comparison of the ISCST3 model and receptor model by dispersion tracing of particulate matter from lagre scale pollution sources, J. KOSAE, 19(6), 789-803.
- Flagan, R. C., Seinfeld, J. H., 1988, Chap. 6 Particle formation in combustion. in fundamentals of air pollution engineering, Prentice Hall, Engliewood Cliffs, NJ, US.
- Hwang, H. J., Kim, H. K., Ro, C. U., 2005, Single-particle characterization of Municipal Solid Waste(MSW) ash particles using low-Z particle electron probe X-ray microanalysis, J. KOSAE, 21(3), 367-375.
- Kang, S. W., Kim, D. S., 2000, Individual particle analysis for developing a source profile of yellow sands, J. KOSAE, 16(6), 565-572.
- Kim, K. D., Kang, S. G., 2007, Manufacturing artificial lightweight aggregates using coal bottom ans and clay, J. of Korean Crystal Growth and Crystal Technology, 17(6), 277-282.
- Korea Environment Institute(KEI), 2015, Analysis System for Regional Environmental Status to Support Environmental Assessment, Report 2015-10.
- Korea Institute for Development of Coal Industry(KIDC), 2017, http://www.kidc.re.kr/.
- Lee, H. W., Lee, T. J., Yang, S. S., Kim, D. S., 2008, Identification of atmospheric PM10 sources and estimating their contributions to the Yongin-Suwon bordering area by using PMF, J. KOSAE, 24(4), 439-454. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2008.24.4.439
- Lee, S., Cho, S., Lee, Y. S., An, E. M., Cho, S. B., 2014, Application of unburned carbon produced from Seochun power plant, J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 23(1), 40-47.
- Ministry of Environment(MoE), 2017, http://www.me.go.kr.
- National Environmental Conflict Resolution Commission (ECC), 2017, http://ecc.me.go.kr.
- Park, H. Y., Kim, Y. J., Yu, G. S., Kim, C. K., Kim, D. H., 2006, Characteristics of carbonaceous particles derived from coal-fired power plan and their reduction, J. of KSEE, 28(10), 1065-1073.
- Park, J. H., Suh, J. M., 2005, Physico-chemical characterization of individual particles emitted from the air pollution point sources, J. Env. Sci. Intern., 14(8), 761-770. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2005.14.8.761
- Park, J. H., Suh, J. M., Jo, J. G., Ryu, J. Y., Han, S. J., 2007, Emission characterization of particulate matters according to the types of wastes from industrial waste incinerator, J. Env. Sci. Intern., 16(11), 1225-1230. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2007.16.11.1225