- Volume 26 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Flood Discharge Based on Observation Data Considering the Hydrological Characteristics of the Han Stream Basin in Jeju Island
한천유역의 수문학적 특성을 고려한 관측자료 기반 홍수량 산정
- Yang, Sung-Kee (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Kim, Min-Chul (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Kang, Bo-Seong (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Seok (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Kang, Myung-Soo (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2017.10.14
- Accepted : 2017.12.15
- Published : 2017.12.31
This study reviewed the applicability of the existing flood discharge calculation method on Jeju Island Han Stream and compared this method with observation results by improving the mediating variables for the Han Stream. The results were as follows. First, when the rain-discharge status of the Han Stream was analyzed using the flood discharge calculation method of the existing design (2012), the result was smaller than the observed flood discharge and the flood hydrograph differed. The result of the flood discharge calculation corrected for the curve number based on the terrain gradient showed an improvement of 1.47 - 6.47% from the existing flood discharge, and flood discharge was improved by 4.39 - 16.67% after applying the new reached time. In addition, the sub-basin was set separately to calculate the flood discharge, which yielded an improvement of 9.92 - 32.96% from the existing method. In particular, the steepness and rainfall-discharge characteristics of Han Stream were considered in the reaching time, and the sub-basin was separated to calculate the flood discharge, which resulted in an error rate of -8.77 to 8.71%, showing a large improvement of 7.31 - 28.79% from the existing method. The flood hydrograph also showed a similar tendency.
Flood discharge;Parameter correction (CN, Tc, Sub-basin)
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Ahn, J. H., Jeong, H. Y., 2014, The standardization plan of design flood discharge estimate method, Water for Future, 47, 34-39
- Choi, J. I., Ji, J. W., Yi, J. Y., 2015, A Study on rainfall-runoff frequency analysis for estimating design flood, Journal Water Resources Association, 48, 605-612. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2015.48.8.605
- Huang, M., Gallichand, J., Wang, Z., Goulet, M., 2006, A Modification to the soil conservation service curve number method for steep slopes in the loess plateau of China. Hydrological processes, 20, 579-589. https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.5925
- Jeju special self-governing province, 2005, Basin plan for river maintenance(Establishing the change)_Han river.
- Jung, W. Y., Yang, S. K., 2009, Simulation of runoff of rivers in Jeju island using SWAT model, J. Environ. Sci., 18, 1045-1055.
- Kim, N. W., Lee, K. Y., 2006, The Study on Guideline of Design Flood Estimation in Korea, KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 271-274.
- Kim, Y. S., 2013, Flood runoff measurements using Surface Image Velocimetry(SIV) in Han stream, Master's Dissertation, Jeju National Univercity. Korea.
- Kim, Y. S., Yang, S. K., Yu, K. K., Kim, D. S., 2013, Flood runoff measurements using surface image velocimetry, J. Environ. Sci., 22, 581-589.
- Kang, B. S., Yang, S. K., Jung, W. Y., Kim, Y. S., 2014, Calculation of the flood runoff of the river with imaging equipments, J. Environ. Sci., 23, 585-594.
- Kang, B. S., Yang, S. K., Jung, W. Y., 2015, Analysis of flooding variation and flood inundation according to increasing rainfall, J. Environ. Sci., 24, 415-424.
- Kanak Kanti Kar, Yang, S. K., Lee, J. H., 2015, Assessing unit hydrograph parameters and peak runoff responses from storm rainfall events: A Case study in Hancheon basin of Jeju Island, J. Environ. Sci., 24, 437-447.
- Kim, S. M., Ahn, S. H., 2016, A Study on time of concentration of the Han stream of Jeju, J. Environ. Sci., 25, 173.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, 2012, Guideline of design flood estimation, Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Korea (in Korean).
- Park, W. B., Moon, D. C., 2010, Basic research of hydrologic and water quality characteristics for utilization of stream runoff, Jeju development institute, 2010-3. hydrologic and water quality characteristics.
- Sabol, G. V., 1988, Clark unit hydrograph and r-parameter estimation, J. Hydraulic Eng., 114, 103-111. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1988)114:1(103)
- Seo, J. A., Kim, Y. C., Moon, D. C., Koh, G. W., Kim, Y. J., 2014, Evaluation of surface infiltration rate in Hancheon reservoir, Jeju Island, Korea, Journal of the Geological Society, 50, 419-430.
- Sharpley, A. N., Williams, J. R., 1990, EPIC-erosion/productivity impact calculator: 1. Model documentation. Technical Bulletin-United States Department of Agriculture, 1768 Pt 1.
- Yang, S. K., Kim, D. S., Yu, K. K., Kang, M. S., Jung, W. Y., Lee, J. H., Kim, Y. S., You, H. J., 2012, Comparison of flood discharge and velocity measurements in a mountain stream using electromagnetic wave and surface image, J. Environ. Sci., 21, 739-747.
- Yun, Y. N., Jeong, J. H., Ryu, J. H., 2013, Design flood discharge estimate method, Water for future, 46, 55-69.