- Volume 21 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Cyber kill chain strategy for hitting attacker origin
공격 원점 타격을 위한 사이버 킬체인 전략
- Yoo, Jae-won (Department of Convergence Technology, Hoseo Graduate School of Venture) ;
- Park, Dea-woo (Department of Convergence Technology, Hoseo Graduate School of Venture)
- Received : 2017.10.27
- Accepted : 2017.11.04
- Published : 2017.11.30
The development of modern ICT technology constitutes cyber world by using infrastructure in country and society. There is no border in cyber world. Countries around the world are carrying out cyber attacks for their own benefit. A cyber killer strategy is needed to defend cyber attacks. In order to defend the cyber attack or to determine the responsibility of attack, it is important to grasp the attacker origin point. Strategic cyber kill chains are needed to strike against the attacker origin. In this paper, we study the analysis of attacker origin. And analyze the cyber kill chain for attacker origin point strike. Study the efficient and customized cyber kill chain strategy for attacking the origin point. The cyber kill chain strategy will be a practical strategy to replace the power of nuclear and missiles with asymmetric power.
- J. W. Kim, "Interpretation of the ROK-U.S. Alliance and PSI," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 1102-1112, May 2012. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.5.1102
- Edward H. S. Lo and T. Andrew Au, "Improving the Kill Chain for Prosecution of TimeSensitive Targets." in Computer and Information Science, ch. 5, p. 95, Jan. 2010.
- U. K. Yang, Kill-Chain [Internet]. Available: http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=3576761&cid=59087&categoryId=59087.
- F2T2EA Process Diagram, Available : http://rtf-ebooks.com/_/_/538584/the-evolution-of-time-sensitive-targetingoperation-iraqi-freedom-results-and-lessons-desert-storm-enduring-freedom-centcom-definitions-future-trends-adversary-focus-on-asymmetric-operations.
- Y. S. Kim, "Kilchen((Kill-Chain) and Korean missile defense system(KAMD) : Feasibility Assessment," New Asia, vol.20, no.4, pp. 112-136, Dec. 2013.
- S. Korean military speeds up development of Kill Chain and other response capabilities [Internet]. Available: http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_northkorea/790847.html.
- E. M. Hutchins, M. J. Cloppert, R. M. Amin, "Intelligence-Driven Computer Network Defense Informed by Analysis of Adversary Campaigns and Intrusion Kill Chains", Lockheed Martin, Technical Report, 2014.
- Verdasys Kill Chain [Internet]. Available: https://www.vivit-germany.org/pdf/2013/vortraege/Application-Security-von-SAP-bis-DLP-die-Sicherung-von-Applikationen-mittels-HP-ArcSight_tcm_144_1428973.pdf.
- "The NTT Group 2016 GlobalThreat Intelligence Report," NTT Security, Technical Report, 2016
- Defense Strategies for Advanced Threats- White Paper: Mapping the SANS 20 Critical Security Controls to the Cyber Kill Chain, NTT Security [Internet]. Available: https://www.solutionary.com/resource-center/white-papers/advanced-threat-protection/.
- "Critical Security Controls for Effective Cyber Defense Version 6.1," The Center for Internet Security, Technical Report, 2016.
- K. J. Kim, "Cyber Defense Development Plan Based on Cyber Kill Chain," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, vol. 7, no.1. pp.277-285, Jan. 2017.
- Y. H. Kim, "Cyber Kill Chain Strategy for Offensive and Integrated Cyber Operations," Journal of Security Engineering , vol. 13, no. 5. pp.325-340, Oct. 2016. https://doi.org/10.14257/jse.2016.10.01
- J. W. Yoo, D. W. Park, "A Study of TCP LINK based Real-Time Secure Communication Research in the Ocean," Conference of The Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 18, no. 1, pp.250-253, May 2015.
- J. W. Yoo, D. W. Park, "Cyber kill chain strategy for hitting attacker origin," Conference of The Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol.21, no.2. pp.158, Oct. 2017.