- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Analysis of Virtual Clothing Materials Using a Digital Clothing
디지털 클로딩을 활용한 가상의복의 소재별 비교분석
- Chang, Heekyung (Dept. of Clothing and Textiles, Sookmyung Women's University) ;
- Lee, Jungmin (Dept. of Fashion Industry, Ewha Womans University)
- Received : 2017.06.05
- Accepted : 2017.11.22
- Published : 2017.11.30
A comprehensive research must be conducted on manufacturing techniques such as patterns and sewing, with the understanding of material properties to satisfy consumers' emotions with a strong fashion trend orientation. Physical and emotional characteristics may change depending on the characteristics of the material, and the overall silhouette and feeling of the garment can change depending on how sewing is conducted.To examine the completeness of a finished garment depending on different kinds of clothing material, this study fabricated an actual garment and a 3D virtual garment as well using 3D CAD IMAGE SYSTEM (CLO 3D, DC Suite, etc.) for a comparative analysis. These two methods have their own advantages and disadvantages. This study selected five of the most representative clothing materials and conducted a comparative analysis on appearance differences between actual clothing and virtual clothing by material. Additionally, the study verified the similarity between actual clothing and virtual clothing by comparing their physical properties by material, and evaluated the objectivity and accuracy of the reproducibility of material properties of virtual clothing.
- Kim, A. N. (2010). A study on representation of the virtual clothing materials using a digital clothing program (Unpublished master's thesis). Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, M. Y. (2006). A study in the pattern making of the lining fabrics for jackets made of stretchable fabrics (Unpublished master's thesis). Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea.
- Jun, J. I. (2008). A study on the block pattern tp fits of casual knit-shirt -based on Korean females of 18-29 years of age (Unpublished master's thesis). Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, Y. J., & Kim, J. J. (2011). A study on the drape profile analysis of the apparel textiles and 3D virtual textiles using a 3D digital clothing software. Journal of Fashion Business, 15(5), 103-114.
- Lee, J. M.,(2010). A study on the environment-friendly textile-planning using hyaluronic acid and chitosan treatment (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, J. S., & Lee, J. R. (2013). Comparison on the pants fitting for obese women between 3D virtual garment and real garment. Journal of Fashion Business, 17(2), 33-45. doi.org/10.12940/ jfb.2013.17.2.33 https://doi.org/10.12940/jfb.2013.17.2.33
- Lee, J. Y. (2008). 3D dress modeling and pattern development process (Unpublished master's thesis). Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea.
- Park, G. A. (2013). The computerized 3-D clothing simulation for the evaluation of mens working pants. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 63(8), 27-42. doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2013.63.8.027 https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2013.63.8.027
- Park, G. A., & Lee, W. K. (2012). Men's work clothes jumper pattern-making and its appearance evaluation through 3-D clothing simulation. Journal of Fashion Business, 16(1), 103-120. doi.org/10.12940/jfb.2012.16.1.103 https://doi.org/10.12940/jfb.2012.16.1.103