- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Introduction to the quality evaluation of lattice girder using nondestructive test
비파괴법을 활용한 격자지보의 성능평가 기법 제안
- Jung, Hyuk-Sang (Department of Railroad Construction Safety Engineering, Dongyang University)
- 정혁상 (동양대학교 철도대학 철도건설안전공학과)
- Received : 2016.08.18
- Accepted : 2016.09.07
- Published : 2016.09.30
This paper dealt with contents of the quality evaluation method of lattice girder utilizing non-destructive method. Quality evaluation of ordinary lattice girder is performed through the tensile strength test of structural steel and visual inspection. The tensile strength test of structural steel is performed by collecting samples of lattice girder brought into the site, during which lattice girder must be damaged to obtain sample. In addition to such disadvantage, tensile strength tester is not available at the site in most cases, requiring an inconvenient service from test certification agency. In addition, it is substituted by mile sheet issued during the production of structural steel, which inevitably lacks reliability. Furthermore, visual inspection at the site entails a problem of lack of reliability, thereby requiring a method of easily and quickly evaluating the quality of lattice girder without damaging the material. Accordingly, this study comparatively analyzed the yield strength of tensile strength test and the yield strength of instrumented indentation test with same sample. The test results ensured over 95% precision level for the instrumented indentation test, based on which a quality evaluation method based on instrumented indentation test that allowed onsite direct quality evaluation is proposed.
Supported by : 동양대학교
- Bae, G.J., Goo, H.B., Moon, H.D., Kim, C.Y., Shin, H.S., Hong, S.W. (1996), "Application of Lattice Girders in Tunnelling", Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology, pp. 1-99.
- Jung, H.S., Shin, Y.W., Song, K.I., Shin, J.H., (2015), "Performance evaluation of lattice girder depending on the quality of steel", Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 165-173.
- Korea Expressway Corporation (2009), "A Study on Loading Capacity of Lattice Girder for Quality Control", Korea Expressway Corporation, pp. 64-65.
- Lee, K.W., Choi, M.J., Kim, J.Y., Kim, K.H., Kwon, D.I. (2006), "Instrumented indentation Technique: New Nondestructive Measurement Technique for Flow Stress-Strain and Residuals Stress of Metallic Materials", Journal of the Korean Society for Nondestructive Testing, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 306-314.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2015), "Guidelines for the design of tunnel", pp. 48-50.