- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The study on application of automatic monitor system for initial fire suppression in double-deck tunnel
대심도 복층터널 초기화재 진압을 위한 자동모니터 소화설비의 적용성 연구
- Yoo, Yong-Ho (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Park, Sang-Heon (Dong Il Engineering Consultants) ;
- Han, Sang-Ju (Dong Il Engineering Consultants) ;
- Park, Jin-Ouk (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- Received : 2016.08.17
- Accepted : 2016.09.09
- Published : 2016.09.30
In a bid to avoid the economic loss resulting from traffic jam in urban area, a deep underground road at 40 m depth has been considered and the first class disaster prevention facilities shall be applied according to domestic guideline. Automatic-monitoring fire extinguishing system designed to use for fire fighting has been widely applied at home and abroad. Recently development and commercialization through theoretical and experimental research to apply to road/railroad sector have been underway. Based on such performance of automatic fire extinguishing system, technical/economic analysis of existing water spray systems was conducted and as a result, it has demonstrated the superiority in terms of fire suppression as well as in cost efficiency. Then to commercialize this system, more diverse studies that will incorporate the characteristics of domestic tunnels are needed and should the system be promoted through institutional improvement, it's expected to become one of the advanced nations with own original technology in a life safety system industry throughout the world.
Grant : 대심도 복층터널 설계 및 시공 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Korea Institute of Construction Technology (2012), "Undersea tunnel technical planning report", Ministry of Land, Transport & Maritime Affairs.
- Alain Drotz et al. (2008), "Numerical flow simulation of an air curtain for road tunnel fire security", EPFL.
- Korea Institute of Construction Technology (2012), "Deep transport, logistics network plan report", Ministry of Land, Transport & Maritime Affairs.
- Ministry of Land Infrastructure and Transport (2016), "Road tunnel disaster prevention facility installation & management guideline".
- Ministry of Public Safety and Security (2016), Sprinkler fire safety criteria (NFSC 104).
- Kyungjin International (2015), "Final report on development of fire origin tracking telescopic smart waterproof sheet using 3D BIM", Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology.
- Sambo Eng (2003), "Review of tunnel disaster prevention plan", Korean Society of Civil Engineers.
- CACCIALANZA&C (2013), "Performances of the automatic fire extingguishing system for tunnel proection with remote controlled monitors", Italy.
- CACCIALANZA&C (2013), "Overview of the Central Command and Control System For TuDEM", Italy.
- CACCIALANZA&C (2013), "Automatic fire Extinguishing system for tunnel protection with spread remote controlled monitors", Italy.