- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Evaluation test of applicability of Compressed Air Foam fire extinguishing system for train fire at rescue station in Subsea tunnel
해저터널 구난역 열차화재시 압축공기포(Compressed Air Foam) 소화설비의 적용성 평가 실험
- Park, Byoung-Jik (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Shin, Hyun-Jun (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Yoo, Yong-Ho (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Park, Jin-Ouk (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Kim, Hwi-Seong (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- Received : 2016.08.17
- Accepted : 2016.09.09
- Published : 2016.09.30
Recently, a mega project such as Korea-China or Korea-Japan undersea tunnel project has been emerged for detail discussion and the interest in undersea tunnel is on the rise. More severe damage by train fire is expected in undersea tunnel comparing to ground tunnel and thus the study on more efficient fire extinguishing system, besides existing disaster prevention design is underway. To that end, a full-scale fire tests using CAF fire extinguishing system which has been developed by modifying traditional foam fire extinguishing system for fire suppression at rescue station in timely manner were conducted over 7 times. The test was conducted after setting the rescue station in virtual tunnel with a car of KTX. As a result of using compressed air foam directly to the fire source, 30 liter of Heptane combustibles was extinguished within 1 minutes. Applicability of compressed air foam to train fire at rescue station in undersea tunnel was has been proven and further study is considered required while changing the nozzle angle and location so as to achieve quick and easy extinguishing goal, making use of the advantage of CAF, as well as to reduce the fire water and chemicals required.
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술 자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Lee, J.W., Lim, W.S., Kim, S.S., Rie, D.H. (2012), "A Study on Fire Extinguishing Performance Evaluation of Compressed Air Foam System", Transactions of Korean institute of fire science and engineering, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 73-78.
- Lee, J.W., Lim, W.S., Rie, D.H. (2013), "A Study on B Class Fire Extinguishing Performance of Air Ratio in the Compressed Air Foam System", Transactions of Korean institute of fire science and engineering, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 8-14.
- Yoo, J.O., Kim, J.S., Rie, D.H., Shin, H.J. (2015), "The study on interval calculation of cross passage in undersea tunnel by quantitative risk assesment method", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 249-256. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.3.249
- Fire safety criteria of doam fire extinguishing system (NFSC 105) Fire Emergency Management Notice #2012-121 (2012.08.20.).
- Baik, Y.S. (2005), "Fire equipment", Hyungseol Publication, pp. 455-519.
- Lee, S.H. (2014), "Fire science", Donghwa Technology, pp. 382-388.