- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Experimental analysis for the effect of integrated pipe-roof in trenchless method
비개착 일체형 파이프루프 지보효과의 실험적 분석
- Received : 2016.08.01
- Accepted : 2016.08.22
- Published : 2016.09.30
In recent, in case that the underpass is constructed by trenchless method, its stability increases by reinforcing steel pipe with re-bar and mortar after propulsion into the ground to form pipe-roof. Therefore, it can be predicted that the integrated pipe-roof decreases the stress acting on the underpass by sharing load. In this study, to analyze the effect of integrated pipe-roof and behavior of stress around underpass, experimental tests for the rectangular and arch cross section of the underpass are performed using soil chamber. As a result, stress and strain acting on the underpass decrease due to sharing load by integrated pipe-roof. This phenomenon is more pronounced by increasing the stiffness of pipe-roof. Furthermore it can be expected that cross-section of underpass can be economically designed.
Supported by : 토지주택연구원
- Ahuja, V., Sterling, R.L. (2008), "Numerical modelling approach for microtunnelling assisted pipe-roof support system", World Tunnel Congress 2008 - Underground Facilities for Better Environment and Safety, pp. 1678-1687.
- Choi, S.W., Park, Y.T., Chang, S.H., Bae, G.J., Lee, K.T., Baek, Y.K. (2012), "An experimental study on the ground movement around a square pipe by its penetration for trenchless construction in sandy ground", J of Korean Tunn and Undergr Sp Assoc, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 485-501.
- Hisatake, M., Ohno, S. (2008), "Effects of pipe roof supports and the excavation method on the displacements above a tunnel face", Tunnel. Under. Space Tech, Vol. 23, pp. 120-127. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2007.02.002
- Kimura, H., Itoh, T., Iwata, M., Fujimoto, K. (2005), "Application of new urban tunneling method in Baikoh tunnel excavation", Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 20, pp. 151-158. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2003.11.007
- Moh, Z.C., Hsiung, K.I., Huang, P.C., Hwang, R.N. (1999), "Underpass beneath Taipei international airport", Proceedings of Conference - New Frontiers and Challenges, November 8-12, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Sim, Y.J., Jin, K.N., Song, K.I. (2013), "Analysis on the characteristics of the earth pressure distribution induced by the integrated steel pipe-roof construction", J of Korean Tunn and Undergr Sp Assoc, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 455-468.
- Sim, Y.J., Jin, K.N., Song, K.I. (2015), "Comparison of earth pressure around pipe-roof between UPRS and front-jacking method", J of Korean Tunn and Undergr Sp Assoc, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 513-522.
- Eum, K.Y., Choi, C.Y., Cheon, J.Y. (2010), "Analysis of heaving and settlement test of scale model depending on shape of the pipe during pipe roof excavation", J. Korean Geosynthetics Society, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 9-15.
- Wallis, S. (1992), "Micro Assistance for Macro Undertaking in Atlanta", Tunnels and Tunneling, April, 1992, pp. 39-41.
- Wang, H.T., Jin, J.Q., Kang, H.G. (2009), "Analytical approach and field monitoring for mechanical behaviors of pipe roof reinforcement", J. Cent. South Univ. Technol., Vol. 16, pp. 0827-0834. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-009-0137-9