- Volume 7 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Converging Effects of Complete Science Subjects in High School on the Grades of Basic Nursing Sciences and Major Nursing Subjects of Nursing Students of one University
고등학교 과학과목 이수가 일 대학 간호학생의 기초간호과학 및 전공간호학성적에 미치는 융합적 효과
- Jung, In-Sook (Dept. of Nursing, Chodang University)
- 정인숙 (초당대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2016.08.29
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.31
This study is to find the converging effects of the Complete Sciences Subjects(CSS) in high school before entrance to University on the scores of Basic Nursing Sciences(BNS) and Major Nursing Subjects(MNS) of 111 senior nursing students of one university. Using the SPSS 19.0, t-test, Pearson's correlation coefficient, multiple and simple linear regression were carried out. The mean scores of the groups that have completed the subjects of Biology I & II, Chemistry I & II were high on Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology. There was a significant difference between the group of completed Biology II and incompleted Biology II on the mean scores of MNS(p<.05). There were positive correlations between the CSS and the scores of BNS and MNS, a moderate correlation between Chemistry II and BNS(r=.303) and a strong correlation between BNS and MNS(r=.796). Explanation rate of CSS on the scores of BNS, and MNS were 18.2%, 8.2% respectively, and on the scores of BNS on MNS was 63.8%. The result of this study can be used in assessing university entrance procedure after repeated study, extended location and more participants, and to use for making pre-school program for the freshmen who didn't CSS.
본 연구는 고등학교과학과목(이하, 과학과목)이수가 대학 입학 후 기초간호과학과 전공간호학성적에 미치는 융합적 효과를 조사하기 위해 일 대학 간호학과 4학년 111명 대상으로 시도되었다. SPSS 19.0으로 t 검정, Pearson 상관계수, 다중 및 단일회귀분석을 시행한 결과, 생물I, 생물II, 화학I, 화학II이수집단의 해부학, 생리학, 병리학 평균이 유의하게 높았고, 생물II 이수집단의 전공간호학평균이 유의하게 높았으며, 과학과목이수와 기초간호과학 및 전공간호학 간, 화학II 이수와 기초간호과학 간, 기초간호과학과 전공간호학 간 양의 상관관계가 있었다. 과학과목이수의 기초간호과학, 전공간호학에 대한 설명력은 각각 18.2%, 8.6%이었고, 기초간호과학의 전공간호학에 대한 설명력은 63.8%였다. 이 연구결과는 대상과 지역을 확대하여 반복연구 후 입학사정 시 참고자료로 활용될 수 있고, 입학 전 과학과목을 이수하지 않은 신입생의 기초간호과학의 효과적인 수강을 위한 준비프로그램의 기초자료로 사용될 수 있을 것이다.
- E. A. Kim, K. I. Park, "Factor affecting adjustment of freshmen nursing students to College Life", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 234-243, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.234
- Y. K. Kwag, "Effect of self-esteem, ego-resilience, social support on nursing student's adjustment to College", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 2178-2186, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2178
- Y. J. Kim, "Type of Coping with Stress of Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 29-39, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.3.029
- J. S. Yoo, J. A. Ahn, K. S. Yeo, S. H. Chu, "The Study to Reorganize the Course of Basic Nursing Science in a College of Nursing", Journal of Korean Biologic Nursing Science, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 162-169, 2008.
- M. A. Choe, G. J. An, J. S. Jeong, "A Coorientation Analysis of Perception on Bionursing between Clinical Nurses and Nursing Professors", Journal of Korean Biologic Nursing Science, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 212-220, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2012.14.3.212
- E. C. Carnio, "Basic sciences and nursing", Review of Latin American Enfermagem, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 1061-1062, 2011.
- B. Higgins, "Strategies for lowering attrition rates and raising NCLEX-RN pass rates", Journal of Nursing Education, Vol. 44, No. 12, pp. 541-547, 2005.
- S. H. Park, "The Effectiveness of Learning Community for the Development of Convergence of University Students", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 29-37, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.29
- K. S. Lee, E. O. Choi, J. S. Jeong, "Survey of Curriculum for 4 Subjects (Structure and Function of Human Body, Clinical Microbiology, Pathophysiology, & Mechanism and Effect of Drugs) of Biological Nursing in Undergraduate Nursing Education", Journal of Korean Biologic Nursing Science, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 17-25, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2014.16.1.17
- H. Y. Jung, "The Study on Essential Competencies for University Students in consideration of University Specialization and Major: Focusing on Hotel and Tourism Management", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 19-32, 2015.
- E. Shackell, M. Gillespie, "The Oxygen Supply and Demand Framework: a tool to support integrative learning", Dynamics, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 15-19, 2009.
- A. King, J. J. Stellar, A. Blevins, K. N. Shah, "Dressings and Products in Pediatric Wound Care", Advanced Wound Care (New Rochelle), Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 324-334, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1089/wound.2013.0477
- J. M. Kim, Y. S. Choi, "Effect of practice education using the simulator, critical thinking, problem solving ability and nursing process confidence of nursing students", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 263-270, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.263
- N. S. Ha, S. Y. Pak, M. J. Lee, "A literature Review (1996-2014) on Critical Thinking in Korean Nursing Education for the Era of Convergence", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 341-349, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.341
- K. S. Lee, "The needs of continuing education among hospital nurses in Dae-Jeon", M. A. dissertation, Eulji University, 2011.
- R. L. Aari, M. Ritmala-Castren, H. Leino-Kilpi, T. Suominen, "Biological and physiological knowledge and skills of graduating Finnish nursing students to practice in intensive care", Nurse Education Today, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 293-300, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2004.02.003
- H. S. Oh, "The Effects of Team-Based Learning on Outcome based Nursing Education", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 409-418, 2015.
- M. A. Choe, "Special Topic : Perspectives on bionursing science", Perspectives in Nursing Science, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 61-70, 2012.
- E. H. Park, H. R. Park, H. S. Kim, "Approaches to Convergence Curriculum for Healthcare-Affiliated Students with Clinical Competence Assessment Program", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 76-86, 2015.
- M. H. Han, S. M. Bae, "A study on the relationship between college adaptation, academic achievement, and admission type in one nursing school", The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 46-53, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.1.46
- D. Dixon, "Prediction of Osteopathic Medical School Performance on the basis of MCAT score, GPA, sex, undergraduate major, and undergraduate institution," Journal of American Osteopathic Association, Vol. 112, No. 4, pp. 175-181, 2012.
- B. Shulruf, M. Li, J. McKimm. M. Smith, "Breadth of knowledge vs. grades: What best predicts achievement in the first year of health sciences programmes?" Journal of Educational Evaluation for Health Professions, 2012. doi: 10.3352/jeehp.2012.9.7.
- J. Salvage-Jones, J. Hamill, M. Todorovic, M. J. Barton, A. N. Johnston, " Developing and evaluating effective bioscience learning activities for nursing students", Nursing Education Practice, Vol. 19, pp. 63-69, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2016.05.005
- M. Birks, N. Ralph, R.. Cant, E. Hillman, T. Y. Chun, "Teaching science content in nursing programs in Australia: a cross-sectional survey of academics" Bio Med Central Nursing Vol. 14, No. 24, 2015. doi: 10.1186/s12912-105-0074-x
- C. G. Kim, M. K. Cho, S. M. Park, "A study on perceived connectivity between pharmacological knowledge and clinical practice, and the need for pharmacology education contents in undergraduate courses among clinical nurses", Journal of Korean Biologic Nursing Science, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 41-51, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2014.16.1.41