- Volume 65 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Design and Characteristic Analysis for High-speed Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor with Ferrite Magnet
페라이트 영구자석을 갖는 고속 매입형 영구자석 전동기의 특성해석 및 설계
- Park, Hyung-Il (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Shin, Kyung-Hun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Yang, Hyun-Sup (Hanon Systems) ;
- Choi, Jang-Young (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2015.11.09
- Accepted : 2016.10.24
- Published : 2016.11.01
We propose an interior permanent magnet syhchronous motor (IPMSM) with arc-shape ferrite permanent magnets (PMs) as a substitute for the rare-earth permanent magnet, and determine its optimal design through parametric study. First, we use 2D finite element analysis to analyze 4-poles and 6-slots initial model according to performance requirements and design parameters. The current angle of the maximum average torque considered in the analysis is different compared with the current angle of the minimum torque ripple. Thus, the parametric study for optimal rotor design is performed by varying the thickness and the offset radius of the PMs according to current angle. In particular, a narrow bridge is required in conventional IPMSM for reducing flux leakage; however, the increase in cogging torque in the analysis model saturates the narrow bridge (large offset radius). Therefore, we suggest an appropriate shape considering limiting conditions such as DC link voltage, average torque, torque ripple, and cogging torque taking into account performance requirements.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- I. S. Jang, S. J. Kim, C. S. Jin, K. C. Kim, J. Lee, "Study on the Characteristic of Ld, Lq Parameter for Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor in different barrier width," KIEE Trans., Vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 496-501, 2009.
- Y. S. Lee, K. T. Kim, J. Hur, "Dynamic Analysis Algorithm of Irreversible Demagnetization of IPM-type Brushless DC Motor," KIEE Trans., Vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 1661-1667, 2013.
- T. Miura, S. Chino, M. Takemoto, S. Ogasawara, A. Chiba, and N. Hoshi, "A ferrite permanent magnet axial gap motor with segmented rotor structure for the next generation hybrid vehicle," in Proc. Int. Conf. Elect. Mach., pp. 1-6, Rome, Italy, Sep. 2010.
- D. S. Jung, "Optimal Design of Magnet Shape of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor," Ph.D. Thesis, Hanyang University, 2009.
- D. G. Dorrell, M.-F. Hsieh, and A. M. Knight, "Alternative rotor designs for high performance brushless permanent magnet machines for hybrid electric vehicles," IEEE Trans. Magn, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 835-838, Feb. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2175443
- S. I. Kim, G. H. Lee, C. H. Lee, J. P. Hong, "Design and Experimental Verification of an Interior Permanent Magnet Motor for High-speed Machines," KIEE Trans., Vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 306-310, 2010.
- G. W. Cho, S. H. Ji, K. W. Park, K. B. Jang, G. T. Kim, "The Optimization of Rotor Shape for Constant Torque Improvement and Radial Magnetic Force Minimization," KIEE Trans., Vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 64-69, 2012.
- Z. Xu and M. F. Rahman, "An adaptive sliding stator flux observer for a direct-torque-controlled IPM synchronous motor drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 2398-2406, Oct 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.900328
- K. C. Kim, "A Study on the Optimal Design and Control Performance of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor for EV/HEV," Ph.D. Thesis, Hanyang University, 2008.
- E. C. Lab., "Design and Control of IPMSM," Kyobo Book Centre Co., Ltd., 2010.
- S. K. Sul, "The Control Theory of Electric Machines", Hongrling Co., Ltd., 2009.