- Volume 49 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effect of Bacillus subtilis S37-2 on Microorganisms in Soil and Growth of Lettuce (Lactuca sativa)
- Heo, Jae-Young (Gyeongnam Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Kim, Dae-Ho (Gyeongnam Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Choi, Yong-Jo (Gyeongnam Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Lee, Sang-Dae (Gyeongnam Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Seuk, Su-Won (Gyeongnam Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Song, Jae-Kyeong (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kwon, Jang-Sik (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Min-Keun (Gyeongnam Agricultural Research and Extension Services)
- Received : 2016.10.02
- Accepted : 2016.10.28
- Published : 2016.10.31
The present study evaluated the variations in soil microbial population of controlled horticultural land used for lettuce (Lactuca sativa) cultivation by their fatty acid methyl ester and chemical properties. We utilized four treatment groups, no treatment (NT), culture medium (CM), Bacillus subtilis S37-2 (KACC 91281P)
Grant : Cooperative Research Program for Agriculture Science & Technology Development
Supported by : Rural Development Administration
- Choi, W.Y. 1997. Inorganic salt uptake by bacterial cell mass and absorbents for soil improvement in glass house condition. Chungnam Univ. Research report.
- Darbyshire, J.F. and M.P. Greaves. 1973. Bacteria and protozoa in the rhizosphere. Pestic. Sci. 4:349-360. https://doi.org/10.1002/ps.2780040312
- Duff, R.B., D.M. Webley, and R.O. Scott. 1963. Solubilization of minerals and related materials by 2-ketogluconic acidproducing bacteria. Soil Sci. 95:105-114. https://doi.org/10.1097/00010694-196302000-00004
- Guckert, J.B., M.A. Hood, and D.C. White. 1986. Phospholipid ester-linked fatty acid profile changes during nutrient deprivation of Vibrio cholerae: increases in cis/trans ratio and proportions of cyclopropyl fatty acid. Appl. Environ. Microbial. 52:794-801.
- Ha, H.S., S.K. Um, H. Kang, and J.C. Park. 1979. Chemical properties of the soils under plastic film house in the southern forcing culture areas. Horticul. Environ. Biotechnol. 20:36-46.
- Hamel, C., K. Hanson, F. Selles, A.F. Cruz, R. Lemke, B. McConkey, and R. Zentner. 2006. Seasonal and long-term resource-related variations in soil microbial communities in wheat-based rotations of the Canadian prairie. Soil Biol. Biochem. 38:2104-2116. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soilbio.2006.01.011
- Katznelson, H. and B. Bose. 1959. Metabolic activity and phosphate dissolving capability of bacterial isolates from wheat roots, rhizosphere and non-rhizosphere soil. Can. J. Microbiol. 5:79-85. https://doi.org/10.1139/m59-010
- Kieft, T.L., E. Wilch, K. O'connor, D.B. Ringelberg, and D.C. White. 1997. Survival and phospholipid fatty acid profiles of surface and subsurface bacteria in natural sediment microcosms. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 63:1531-1542.
- Kim, B.Y, H.Y. Weon, I.C. Park, S.Y. Lee, W.G. Kim, and J.K. Song. 2011. Microbial diversity and community analysis in lettuce or cucumber cultivated greenhouse soil in korea. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(6):1169-1175. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.6.1169
- Kim, E.S. and Y.H. Lee. 2011. Response of soil microbial communities to application of green manures in paddy at an early rice-growing stage. 2011. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(2):221-227. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.2.221
- Kim, J.M., C.S. Kim, H.J. Kim, B.J. Moon, J.H. Lee, S.S. Lee, and J.W. Lee. 2002. Effect of microbial product on microorganisms in soil and growth of cabbage and tomato. Korean J. Life Sci. 12(5):515-522. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2002.12.5.515
- Kim, S.H, K.S. Bae, J.K. Yang, Y.J. Lee, J.S. Oh, S.J. Jung, B.J. Moon, and K.S. Bae. 2004. Effect of microbial product made of Bacillus stearothermophilus DL-3 on microorganisms in soil and growth of lettuce Chinese cabbage. Korean J. Life Sci. 14(5):778-787. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2004.14.5.778
- Kim, Y.H., J.H. Lim., C.H. An., B.K. Jung, and S.D. Kim. 2012. Soil microbial community analysis using soil enzyme activities in red pepper field treated microbial agents. J. Appl. Biol. Chem. 55(1):47-53. https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2011.058
- Kwon, J.S., H.Y. Weon, J.S. Suh, W.G. Kim, K.Y. Jang, and H.J. Noh. 2007. Plant growth promoting effect and antifungal activity of Bacillus subtilis S37-2. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 40(6):447-453.
- Lee, Y.H. and S.K. Ha. 2011. Impacts of topography on microbial community from upland soils in gyeongnam province. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(3):485-491. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.3.485
- Lee, Y.H., Y.K. Soun, B.K. Ahn, S.T. Lee, M.A. Shin, E.S. Kim, W.D. Song, and Y.S. Kwak. 2011. Impacts of organic farming system on the soil mirobial population in upland soil. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(5):819-823. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.5.819
- Lynch, J.M. 1982. Interaction between bacteria and plants in the root environment. Soil. Appl. Bacteriol. Symp. Ser. 10:1-23.
- NAAS (National Academy of Agricultural Science), 2014. Korean soil information system. Korea.
- Nah, K.C., J.Y., Cho, and S.J. Chung. 1997. Chung. Effects of compost supplemented with cultured solution of photosynthetic bacteria (Rhodops eudomonas capsulatus) on the early growth of plug seedlings of tomato. Korean J. Organic Agric. 5(2):105-115.
- NIAST (National institute of Agricultural Science and Technology), 2010. Methods of analysis of soil and plant. Korea.
- Okon, Y., E. Fallik., S. Sarig., E. Yahalom, and S. Tal. 1988. Plant growth promoting effects of Azospirillum. In Nitrogen Fixation. Gustav Fischer, Stuttgart, West Germany. 741-746.
- Park, D.J., J.C. Lee., Y.H. Chang, and C.J. Kim. Control effects of Micromonospora sp. AW050027 by media optimization and microbial treatment against pine wood nematode. 2010. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 14(2):138-147.
- Pump, H.H. and H. Krist. 1998. Laboratory manual for the examination of water, and soil, VCH., Weinheim, Germany.
- RDA (Rural Development Administration), 2015. Annual report of microbial conference.
- Ryu, I.H., S.J. Jeong, and S.S. Han. 2012. Effect of microorganism mixture application on the microflora and the chemical properties of soil and the growth of vegetables in greenhouse. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 31(4):368-374. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2012.31.4.368
- SAS Institute. 2006. SAS Version 9.1.3. SAS Inst., Cary, NC
- Schippers, B., A.W. Bakker, and P.A.H.M. Bakker. 1987. Interactions of deldterious and beneficial rhizosphere microorganisms and the effect of cropping practices. Annu. Rev. Phytopathol. 25:339-358. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.py.25.090187.002011
- Schutter, M.E. and R.P. Dick. 2000. Comparison of faaty acid methyl ester (FAME) methods for characterizing microbial communities. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 64:1659-1668. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj2000.6451659x
- Vance, E.D., P.C. Brookes, and D.S. Jenkinson. 1987. An extraction method for measuring soil microbial biomass C. Soil Biol. Biochem. 19:703-707. https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-0717(87)90052-6
- Effect of Kluyvera sp. CL-2 on Sugar contents of Watermelon and Soil Chemical Properties vol.26, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11625/KJOA.2018.26.4.677