- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design and modelling of pre-cast steel-concrete composites for resilient railway track slabs
- Mirza, Olivia (School of Computing, Engineering & Mathematics, University of Western Sydney) ;
- Kaewunruen, Sakdirat (Birmingham Centre for Railway Research and Education, School of Engineering, The University of Birmingham) ;
- Kwok, Kenny (School of Computing, Engineering & Mathematics, University of Western Sydney) ;
- Griffin, Dane W.P. (Rondo Consulting Pty Ltd.)
- 투고 : 2015.10.11
- 심사 : 2016.10.18
- 발행 : 2016.10.30
Australian railway networks possess a large amount of aging timber components and need to replace them in excess of 280 thousands
연구 과제번호 : RISEN: Rail Infrastructure Systems Engineering Network
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Railway Technical Research Institute, European Commission
- Atmaca, B. and Ates, S. (2012), "Construction stage analysis of three-dimensional cable-stayed bridges", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 12(5), 413-426 https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2012.12.5.413
- Bonnett, C.F. (2005), Practical Railway Engineering, Imperial College Press, Hackensack, NJ, USA.
- Bradford, M. and Uy, B. (2007), "Composite action of structural steel beams and precast concrete slabs for the flexural strength limit state", Aust. J. Struct. Eng., 7(2), 123-133. https://doi.org/10.1080/13287982.2007.11464970
- Choi, J.Y., Park, Y.G., Choi, E.S. and Choi, J.H. (2010), "Applying precast slab panel track to replace timber track in an existing steel plate girder railway bridge", Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng., Part F: J. Rail Rapid Transit, 224(3), 159-167. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544097JRRT333
- Fanaie, N., Ghalamzan Esfahani, F. and Soroushnia, S. (2015), "Analytical study of composite beams with different arrangements of channel shear connectors", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 19(2), 485-501. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2015.19.2.485
- Ferdous, W., Manalo, A., Van Erp, G., Aravinthan, T., Kaewunruen, S. and and Remennikov, A.M. (2015), "Composite railway sleepers-Recent developments, challenges and future prospects", Compos. Struct., 134(12), 158-168. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2015.08.058
- Goh, C.C., Patrick, M., Proe, D. and Wilkie, R. (1998), Design of Composite Slabs for Strength - BHP Design Manual, BHP Integrated Steel.
- Griffin, D.W.P., Mirza, O., Kwok, K. and Kaewunruen, S. (2014), "Composites for railway construction and maintenance: A review", The IES Journal Part A: Civil & Struct. Eng., 7(4), 243-262.
- Griffin, D.W.P., Mirza, O., Kwok, K. and Kaewunruen, S. (2015), "Finite element modelling of modular precast composites for railway track support structure: A battle to save Sydney Harbour Bridge", Aust. J. Struct. Eng., 16(2), 150-168. https://doi.org/10.1080/13287982.2015.11465187
- Indraratna, B., Salim, W. and Rujikiatkamjorn, R. (2011), Advanced Rail Geotechnology - Ballasted Track, CRC Press, The Netherlands.
- Kaewunruen, S. (2007), "Experimental and numerical studies for evaluating dynamic behaviour of prestressed concrete sleepers subject to severe impact loading", Ph.D. Thesis; School of Civil, Mining, and Environmental Engineering, University of Wollongong, Australia.
- Kaewunruen, S. (2013), "Performance review of CarbonLoc material for alternative turnout bearers", Technical Report No. TR211; Track Services RailCorp, Australia, July, 17 p.
- Kaewunruen, S. (2014), "Monitoring in-service performance of fibre-reinforced foamed urethane material as timber-replacement sleepers/bearers in railway urban turnout systems", Struct. Monitor. Maint., 1(1), 131-157. [Invited] https://doi.org/10.12989/SMM.2014.1.1.131
- Kaewunruen, S. and Remennikov, A.M. (2007), "Field trials for dynamic characteristics of railway track and its components using impact excitation technique", NDT & E. Int., 40(7), 510-519. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ndteint.2007.03.004
- Kaewunruen, S. and Remennikov, A.M. (2009a), "Progressive failure of prestressed concrete sleepers under multiple high-intensity impact loads", Eng. Struct., 31(10), 2460-2473. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2009.06.002
- Kaewunruen, S. and Remennikov, A.M. (2009b), "Structural safety of railway prestressed concrete sleepers", Aust. J. Struct. Eng., 9(2), 129-140. [Invited] https://doi.org/10.1080/13287982.2009.11465016
- Kaewunruen, S., Remennikov, A.M. and Murray, M.H. (2011), "Greener & Leaner: Unleashing the capacity of railroad concrete ties", ASCE J. Trans. Eng., 137(4), 241-247.
- Kaewunruen, S., Remennikov, A.M. and Murray, M.H. (2014), "Introducing limit states design concept to concrete sleepers: An Australian experience", Frontiers in Mat., 1(8), 1-3.
- Kirkland, B. and Uy, B. (2015), "Behaviour and design of composite beams subjected to flexure and axial load", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 19(3), 615-633. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2015.19.3.615
- Lam, D. and El-Lobody, E. (2001), "Finite element modelling of headed stud shear connectors in steelconcrete composite beam", (A. Zingoni Ed.), Struct. Eng., Mech. Comp., Elsevier Science, Oxford, pp. 401-408.
- Lezgy-Nazargah, M. and Kafi, L. (2015), "Analysis of composite steel-concrete beams using a refined highorder beam theory", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 18(6), 1369-1389. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2015.18.6.1369
- Li, F., Wu, P. and Liu, D. (2012), "Experimental study on the cable rigidness and static behaviors of AERORail structure", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 12(5), 427-444.
- Li, J., Huo, Q., Li, X., Kong, X. and Wu, W. (2014), "Dynamic stiffness analysis of steel-concrete composite beams", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 16(6), 577-593. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2014.16.6.577
- Manalo, A., Aravinthan, T., Karunasena, W. and Ticoalu, A. (2010), "A review of alternative materials for replacing existing timber sleepers", Compos. Struct., 92(3), 603-611. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2009.08.046
- Mirza, O. and Uy, B. (2009), "Behaviour of headed stud shear connectors for composite steel-concrete beams at elevated temperatures", J. Construct. Steel Res., 65(3), 662-674. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2008.03.008
- Mirza, O. and Uy, B. (2011), "Behaviour of composite beam-column flush end-plate connections subjected to low-probability, high-consequence loading", Eng. Struct., 33(2), 647-662. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2010.11.024
- Mirza, O., Uy, B. and Patel, N. (2010), "Behaviour and strength of shear connectors utilising blind bolting", Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Steel and Composite Structures, Sydney, Australia, July.
- Mirza, O., Zhu, X. and Uy, B. (2011), "Condition assessment and strengthening of shear connection systems for composite bridges", Sustainable Bridges.
- Domingo, L.M., Giner, B.B., Martín, C.Z. and Real Herraiz, J.I. (2014), "Experimental modal analysis of transverse-cracked RAILs- influence of the cracks on the real track behavior", Struct. Eng. Mech., Int. J., 52(5), 1019-1032. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2014.52.5.1019
- Nguyen, H.T. and Kim, S.E. (2009), "Finite element modeling of push-out tests for large stud shear connectors", J. Construct. Steel Res., 65(10-11), 1909-1920. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2009.06.010
- Oehlers, D.J. and Bradford, M.A. (1995), Composite Steel and Concrete Structural Members: Fundamental Behaviour, Pergamon, New York, NY, USA.
- Oehlers, D.J. and Bradford, M.A. (1999), "1 - Introduction", In: Elementary Behaviour of Composite Steel and Concrete Structural Members, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK, pp. 1-20.
- Pecce, M., Rossi, F., Antonio Bibbo, F. and Ceroni, F. (2012), "Experimental behaviour of composite beams subjected to a hogging moment", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 12(5), 395-412. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2012.12.5.395
- RailCorp (2010), ESC 310 RailCorp Engineering Standard - Underbridges.
- RailCorp (2013a), ESC 220 RailCorp Engineering Standard - Track Rail and Rail Joints. URL: engineering.railcorp.nsw.gov.au/Disciplines/Civil/ESC_220.pdf
- RailCorp (2013b), ESC 230 RailCorp Engineering Standard - Sleepers and Track Support. URL: engineering.railcorp.nsw.gov.au/Disciplines/Civil/ESC_230.pdf
- Remennikov, A. and Kaewunruen, S. (2007), "Experimental determination of energy absorption capacity for railway prestressed concrete sleepers under impact loading", Proceedings of the International Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction - ISEC2007, Melbourne, Australia, September. [CD Rom]
- Remennikov, A.M. and Kaewunruen, S. (2008), "A review of loading conditions for railway track structures due to train and track vertical interaction", Struct. Cont. Health Monitor., 15(2), 207-234. https://doi.org/10.1002/stc.227
- Remennikov, A.M. and Kaewunruen, S. (2014), "Experimental load rating of aged railway concrete sleepers", Eng. Struct., 76(10), 147-162. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2014.06.032
- Remennikov, A.M., Murray, M.H. and Kaewunruen, S. (2011), "Reliability based conversion of a structural design code for prestressed concrete sleepers", Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineering: Part F J. of Rail and Rapid Transit, 226(2), 155-173.
- Standards Australia (2003a), Railway track material - Part 14: Prestressed concrete sleepers; Australian Standard: AS1085.14-2003.
- Standards Australia, AS2327.1 2003 (2003b), "Composite structures - Simply supported beams", Australian Standards.
- Standards Australia, AS5100.2 (2004), Bridge design - Part 2: Design loads, Australian Standards.
- Standards Australia, AS3600 (2009), Concrete Structures, Australian Standards.
- Shanmugam, N.E., Kumar, G. and Thevendran, V. (2002), "Finite element modelling of double skin composite slabs", Finite Elem. Anal. Des., 38(7), 579-599. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-874X(01)00093-2
- Shanmuganathan, S., Speers, R., Ruodong, P. and Sriskanthan, S. (2011), "Sydney Harbour Bridge: Replacement rail track support", Proceedings of the 8th Conference on Austroads Bridge, Sydney, Australia, October.
- Tahmasebinia, F., Ranzi, G. and Zona, A. (2012), "A probabilistic three-dimensional finite element study on simply-supported composite floor beams", Aust. J. Struct. Eng., 12(3), 251-262.
- Derailment-resistant performance of modular composite rail track slabs vol.160, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2018.01.047
- Reply to Giannakos, K. Comment on: Toughness of Railroad Concrete Crossties with Holes and Web Openings. Infrastructures 2017, 2, 3 vol.2, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/infrastructures2020005