- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Work Involvement Study of Each Job on Technical Design in Garment Development Process in South Korea
국내 의류상품개발과정에서 직종별 업무관여도 비교 - 테크니컬 디자인 업무 중심으로 -
- Kim, Bo Ah (Dept. of Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design, Seoul National University) ;
- Nam, Yun Ja (Dept. of Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design, Seoul National University/Research Institute of Human Ecology, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Jaeil (Dept. of Family and Consumer Sciences, Seattle Pacific University) ;
- Yoon, Mi Kyung (Tech D)
- Received : 2016.01.15
- Accepted : 2016.09.10
- Published : 2016.10.31
The purpose of this study is 1) to research how practitioners in fashion industry in South Korea perceive concepts of Technical Design/Designer, 2) to compare and analyze issues at work by occupation, 3) to research specific works in garment development process, and 4) to compare and analyze work involvement by occupation, type of a company and etc, and 5) to propose the role of Technical Designers in apparel companies in South Korea. There were two methods to conduct this study, which were in-depth interview and survey. Both methods were conducted to designers, merchandisers, pattern makers, technical designers, and production coordinators. Frequency analysis, ANOVA, Duncan test, and Factor analysis were performed to get results by using SPSS 18.0 program. The results are following. There were 50 works during garment development process from the result of in-depth interview, and 6 factors were obtained from the result of Factor analysis, which were 'Works about Sample in Sample Development Process', 'Works about Product's Pattern and Size Spec', 'Works about Development of Garment's Design', 'Works about Planning of Product Development and Management of Product in Stock', 'Works about Production Process', and 'Preparation Works for Sample Development'. In conclusion, technical designer in apparel companies in South Korea should be in charge of works about sample in sample development process and decision making of product' size spec, which is included in works about product's pattern and size spec. Also, they should complete technical package after product is developed by designers.
Supported by : 서울대학교
- Kang, A. S., & Yoon, M. K. (2008). Fashion specialist: Technical designer. Fashion Information and Technology, 5, 22-26.
- Kim, A. G., & Kim, S. R. (2012). A study on the duty specificities of technical designers-based on domestic fashion vendors-. Journal of Korean Society of Fashion Design, 12(3), 1-21.
- Lee, J. I. (2005). Exploring careers at global apparel companies: apparel companies in the US. Fashion Information and Technology, 2, 40-47.