- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Determination of Degraded Fiber Properties of Laminated CFRP Flat Plates Using the Bivariate Gaussian Distribution Function
이변량 Gaussian 분포함수를 적용한 CFRP 적층 평판의 보강섬유 물성저하 규명
- Kim, Gyu-Dong (Department of Civil Engineering, Andong National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Youl (Department of Civil Engineering, Andong National University)
- Received : 2016.06.13
- Accepted : 2016.10.31
- Published : 2016.10.31
This paper presents a method to detect the fiber property variation of laminated CFRP plates using the bivariate Gaussian distribution function. Five unknown parameters are considered to determine the fiber damage distribution, which is a modified form of the bivariate Gaussian distribution function. To solve the inverse problem using the combined computational method, this study uses several natural frequencies and mode shapes in a structure as the measured data. The numerical examples show that the proposed technique is a feasible and practical method which can prove the location of a damaged region as well as inspect the distribution of deteriorated stiffness of CFRP plates for different fiber angles and layup sequences.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Krawczuk, M., "Application of Spectral Beam Finite Element with a Crack and Iterative Search Technique for Damage Detection", Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol. 38, 2002, pp. 537-548. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-874X(01)00084-1
- Guo, H.Y., and Li, Z.L., "Structural Damage Identification Based on Bayesian Theory and Improved Immune Genetic Algorithm", Journal of Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 39, 2012, pp. 6426-6434. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2011.12.023
- Hu, H., and Wu, C.,"Development of Scanning Damage Index for the Damage Detection of Plate Structures Using Modal Strain Energy Method", Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 23, 2009, pp. 274-287. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2008.05.001
- Hu, H., Wang, B.T., and Lee, C.-H., "Damage Detection of Surface Cracks in Composite Laminates Using Modal Analysis and Strain Energy Method", Composite Structures, Vol. 74, 2006, pp. 399-405. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2005.04.020
- Kim, G.D., and Lee, S.Y., "Determination of Degraded Properties of Vibrating Laminated Composite Plates for Different Layup Sequences", Composites Research, Vol. 28, 2015, pp. 277-284. https://doi.org/10.7234/composres.2015.28.5.277
- Hewitt R.L., and Malherbe M.C., "An Approximation for the Longitudinal Shear Modulus of Continuous Fiber Composites", Journal of Composite Materials, Vol. 4, 1970, pp. 280-282. https://doi.org/10.1177/002199837000400214
- Reddy, J.N., Mechanics of Laminated Composite Plates and Shells: Theory and Analysis, New York: CRC Press; 2004.
- Jones R.M., Mechanics of Composite Materials. Taylor & Francis, PA, 1998.
- Lee, S.Y., and Wooh, S.Y., "Waveform-Based Identification of Structural Damage Using the Combine Finite Element Method and Microgenetic Algorithm", ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 131, 2005, pp. 1464-1472. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2005)131:9(1464)
- Huang, Z.M., "Micromechanical Prediction of Ultimate Strength of Transversely Isotropic Fibrous Composites", International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 38, 2001, pp. 4147-4172. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7683(00)00268-7