- Volume 31 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Influence of Air Void Characteristic on Chloride Diffusion Coefficient and Compressive Strength of Concrete using Urea and Sulfur
요소와 유황을 첨가한 콘크리트의 압축강도와 염화물 확산계수에 대한 공극특성의 영향
- Received : 2016.04.20
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.08.31
This study presents the effect of urea and sulfur admixture on compressive strength, chloride diffusion coefficient, and internal void distribution of concrete. Compressive strength of concretes with urea admixture by 5% increased by 5% relative to Control. However, that of concretes with urea admixture over 10% decreased. Chloride diffusion coefficient of concrete with urea and sulfur admixture decreased by 40% relative to Control. Additionally, the volume of internal void of concrete with urea and sulfur admixture decreased by 20% relative to Control. Therefore, it can be mentioned from test results that the use of adequate urea and sulfur admixture improves the mechanical properties and durability of concrete.
urea;sulfur;chloride diffusion coefficient;void characteristic;compressive strength
- C. S. Seok, "The Property of Chloride Ion Migration in Concrete According to Method of Fly-Ash Mixtures", Master's Degree, Dong-Eui University, 2011.
- E. I. Yang, M. Y. Kim and H. G. Park, "Field Investigation of Chloride Penetration and Evaluation of Corrosion Chracteristics for Deicer", Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 47-52, 2008.
- E. K. Kunhanandan Nambiar and K. Ramamurthy, "Air-Void Characterisation of Foam Concrete", Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 37, Issue 2, pp. 221-230, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2006.10.009
- H. L. Wang, J. G. Dai, X. Y. Sun and X. L. Zhang, "Characteristics of Concrete Cracks and Their Influence on Chloride Penetration", Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 107, pp. 216-225, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2016.01.002
- H. S. Lee, S. H. Lee and S. J. Kwon, "Evaluation of Relationship between Compressive Strength and Chloride Diffusion", Journal of the Construction and Environment Research Institute, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 36-48, 2013.
- J. M. Bae and Y. S. Kim, "A Study on the Chloride Diffusivity of Recycled Aggregate Concrete", Journal of the Korean Institute of Building Construction, Vol. 10, pp. 147-153, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIC.2010.10.1.147
- J. M. Shin, "A Study on the Chloride Ion Migration Coefficient of Concrete by Using Rapid Chloride Penetration Test", Master's Degree, Dong-Eui University, 2010.
- J. W. Ko, "An Experimental Study on the Spread of Air Voids in the Compressive Strength of Hardened Concrete", Master's Degree, Kon-Kuk University, 2000.
- K. N. Hong, J. K. Park, K. S. Jung, S. H. Han and J. H. Kim, "Durability of Alkali-Activated Blast Furnace Slag Concrete: Chloride Ions Diffusion", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 120-127, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2015.30.4.120
- K. N. Hong, S. Y. Ji, J. K. Park, K. S. Jung and S. H. Han, "Mechanical Properties and Carbonation Resistance of Water-Soluble Sulfur Concrete", Journal of Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 103-109, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2014.29.4.103
- NT Build 492, "Concrete Mortar and Cement-Based Repair Materials: Chloride Migration Coefficient from Non-Steady-State Migration Experiments", 1999.
- R. Demirboga, F. Karagol, R. Polat and M. A. Kaygusuz, "The Effects of Urea on Strength Gaining of Fresh Concrete under the Cold Weather Conditions", Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 64, pp. 114-120, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2014.04.008
- R. Pleau, M. Pigeon and J. L. Laurencot, "Some Findings on the Usefulness of Image Analysis for Determining the Characteristics of the Air-Void System on Hardened Concrete", Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 23, Issue 2-3, pp. 237-246, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0958-9465(00)00079-2
- S. H. Choi, "Characteristics of Air-Void Structure and the Relationship with Durability in Hardened Concrete", Doctor's Degree, Gang-Neung University, 2007.
- S. J. Kwon, H. S. Lee and S. G. Park, "Effect of Additional Water on Durability and Pore Size Distribution in Cement Mortar", Journal of The Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 75-83, 2012.
- S. Mwaluwinga, T. Ayano and K. Sakata, "Influence of Urea in Concrete", Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 733-745, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(97)00051-3
- S. W. Yi, "Chloride Ion Diffusion in Blast Furnace Slag Concrete", Master's Degree, Yon-Sei University, 2000.
- S. Y. Ji, "Influence of Water-Soluble Sulfur on the Mechanical Properties and Durability of Concrete", Master's Degree, Chung-buk University, 2014.
- W. I. Choi, "A Study on the Basic Properties of Concrete Containing Urea", Master's Degree, Dan-Kook University, 2012.
- Y. Chen, J. Gao, L. Tang and X. Li, "Resistance of Concrete Against Combined Attack of Chloride and Sulfate under Drying-wetting Cycles", Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 106, pp. 650-658, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.12.151
Supported by : 중소기업청