- Volume 31 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Improvement Plan of Implementing Condition Assessment in Process Safety Management (PSM) System
공정안전관리(PSM)제도의 이행상태평가 개선방안
- Received : 2015.12.17
- Accepted : 2016.07.04
- Published : 2016.08.31
Process Safety Management (PSM) system was introduced since 1996 and it makes voluntarily organizing and managing chemical accident prevention system by company itself that contributes to reduce the chemical accidents. However, large or small scaled chemical accidents had occurred frequently in these days. This trend is brought up the necessity to analyze and improve PSM system. In this study, it was conducted by the questionnaire survey and workshop for prevention of major industrial accidents in PSM sites in order to collect extensive opinions from all walks of life and identify overall operation condition. It was proposed to establish improvement plan of implementing condition assessment in PSM system. By results of the study, company's voluntary safety management will be induced by improved PSM system and management plan and it expects to prevent the major industrial accidents.
process safety management (PSM);implementing condition assessment;major industrial accidents
- Y. S. Lee et al., "Performance Measurement and Effectiveness Analysis of PSM Regulation", Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, Incheon, 2006.
- Y. S. Lee, M. J. Kang and H. S. Yang, "A Study on the Rationalization Plan of the Coverage Basis of PSM Regulation in Korea", Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, Incheon, 2008.
- Y. S. Lee, K. O. Lee and M. J. Kang, "A Study on the Expanding Plan of the Coverage Basis of PSM Regulation", Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, Incheon, 2011.
- D. J. Park et al., "A Study on Investigation of Harmful Chemical Substance such as HF and Reinforcement of PSM Regulation", Ministry of Employment and Labor, 2013.
- Industrial Accident Prevention and Compensation Bureau, "Improvement of PSM Regulation for Prevention of Major Industrial accidents", Ministry of Employment and Labor, 2015.
- T. O. Kim et al., "Preparation of Improvement Plan of Process Safety Management(PSM) System for Preventing Chemical Accidents", Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, Ulsan, pp.167-213, 2014.