- Volume 31 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Accident Prevention for the Elevator and Escalator by the Accident Type Analysis
사고유형 분석에 의한 승강기 및 에스컬레이터 재해예방
- Received : 2016.04.28
- Accepted : 2016.07.19
- Published : 2016.08.31
The elevator is an essential part of the transportation means in modern society. It has become the convenient movement means of vertical and horizontal mobilities for vulnerable citizens including the disabled or elderly in skyscrapers and the multi-purposes facilities. After the 1990s, the number of newly installed elevators have increased because of the establishment of large scale public houses which need an increase of means of transportation. Thus, the safety accident in the elevator has been currently in an increasing trend as years passed by because that the elevator is always exposed to the risk of accident. Most of the elevator accidents occur in the escalator and moving walkway. This study investigated the current usage situations of users at multi-purpose shopping spaces, the sub way, and the airport about the escalator including moving walkway. Moreover the accident types were analyzed for the escalator based on 10 years of statistics. And the methods for the accident prevention were proposed on the equipment, management and user side.
elevator;escalator;accidents type;accident prevention;usage situation
- Y. S. Yun, O. H. Kwon, S. S. Go, "Accident Prevention Counterplen of the Elevator for the Passenger", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 106-111, 2002.
- Korea Elevator Safety Institute, Elevator in Possession and Accident Statistical Data from 1993 to 2014.
- Judgment Committee on Elevator Accident Investigation, Report of Judgment Committee on Elevator Accident Investigation, 2013.
- Act No. 12844, Elevator Facilities Safety Management Act, 2014.
- Ministry of Employment of Labor, No. 117, Local Rule on Occupation Safety and Health Standard, 2014.
- Ministry of the Interior, No. 2014-30, Operate and Trick on Elevator Inspection and Management, 2014.